Gopros

jam1234

Hello,

I am interested in getting a gopro. But the Hero 4 is quite expensive.

Is the Hero 3+ silver edition really much different to the Hero 4 except the screen?

Also is there any cheaper alternatives. I want it to be 1080p and be waterproof.

Thanks! 

My PC: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/MN3YwP

Wish I could afford to do giveaways for you guys, Sorry school doesn't pay me! <3

there are alternatives and the hero 4 has a much bettor sensor and has higer quality video than any hero 3

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

What are you planning on mounting it on?

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

@jam1234 - I wouldn't get the GoPro. While riding/skiing you'll feel the GoPro pulling on your head. I'd suggest the Contour Roam2. It's waterproof out of box, doesn't need a case to mount it, and has an amazing battery life.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009CN8VRK/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687762&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0026P4H6K&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0RKSCBT8TPM0XQ5AR18Z

I have this one for my helmet and I don't feel it at all. I used it on a 3 hour poker run and at the end I still had 10% battery. 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

If you don't mind 30 fps then this might be an option. http://shop.gopro.com/cameras/hero/CHDHA-301.html

was about to suggest that one, the only thing that isn't to my likings(personal) is that case wich is glued to the camera. altough it makes it more reliable when using for sports/things

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

was about to suggest that one, the only thing that isn't to my likings(personal) is that case wich is glued to the camera. altough it makes it more reliable when using for sports/things

How long would one of these usually last?

Wish I could afford to do giveaways for you guys, Sorry school doesn't pay me! <3

How long would one of these usually last?

when talking about battery life, up to 2h and 45mins(30fps 1080p) according to their spec list.

When you mean life time of the device, then i would say nearly forever, unless you break the case or something like that.

when talking about battery life, up to 2h and 45mins(30fps 1080p) according to their spec list.

When you mean life time of the device, then i would say nearly forever, unless you break the case or something like that.

Alright thank definitely considering one. Just one more question is there any good mounting starter set kinda things? So like a chest and head mount?

Alright thank definitely considering one. Just one more question is there any good mounting starter set kinda things? So like a chest and head mount?

Not sure about mounts but I know, I have used that thing for waterskiing and dropped it also have launched it out of a potato cannon and it survived.

there is quite some stuff included in it for mounting, altough im not sure what, for other things you can always look at the store on their site, or other sites for 3rd party gradde cheap things, wich do the same.