Far Cry 4 doesnt support dual core cpu's

Just read an article on oc3d.net about FC4.Many users are reporting that Far Cry  refuses to work with dual-core CPUs, however chips that don’t use hyperthreading to fake having additional cores do.

Im quite fucked up with the game because it is not running that smoothly on my pc on high settings..

original article: http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/cpu_mainboard/far_cry_4_does_not_support_dual-core_processors/1

thx to DeViLzzz for the gif ;DD

Q3OjVSu.gif

What? Dual core? Also not if hyperthreaded? Cuz I don't quite understand your wording?

Then alot of laptop users will be in trouble, most of those are still hyperthreaded dual cores...

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

It's no big secret that you need 4 cores for AAA titles, even if they would support 2 Cores...

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

it's a ported game from ps4&xbox1 witch have 8 cores each so expect it to be heavily threaded so no surprise there  

I5 3570K@ 4.4 - GIGABYTE Z77- Kingston 8G 2400 RAM - MSI GTX980 - HAF-X - 27'' ROG SWIFT + 32'' LG IPS - OCZ 250G SSD + WD 4TB HDD - ASUS XONAR DX -Noctua NH-D14

I for one am glad they're finally starting to push PC specs a little bit, even if they COULD do it in a more efficient way. 64-bit requirements are aslo becoming more common and that's a good thing :D

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Ubisoft has made no secret of Far Cry 4's system requirements, with an Intel Core i5-750 or AMD Phenom II X4 955 listed as the minimum CPUs supported, so those who bought the game with a Dual core CPU will have to upgrade their hardware before playing. Another high-profile new release, Dragon Age: Inquisition, also requires a quad core CPU and cannot be played on dual-core machines.

If Ubisoft listed quad-cores as a minimum requirement, then its not Ubisoft's fault if anyone doesn't have a quad-core and tried to play the game.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

'Coax?'

I'm running it on high settings on an i3-4130! No CPU bottleneck; I get around 70% useage max. My 760 gets maxed before my CPU does.

I do have dual core with hyperthreading and it works. Not good but it works :)

If Ubisoft listed quad-cores as a minimum requirement, then its not Ubisoft's fault if anyone doesn't have a quad-core and tried to play the game.

this^^^^^^^

Ubi didnt say it would work on dual cores and really im glad, the sooner we stop working with dual cores the sooner they gtfo :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

No, If Ubisoft put in code so it won't launch with a dualcore, Then it's their fault. if their game engine legit really needs that much cpu power, just wow.

It is Ubisoft's fault for making a poorly coded game. 

I'm all for calling out Ubisoft's mistakes but this isn't one of them. Designing a game to utilize better hardware is not poor coding. It's called the natural advancement of technology. PC gamers spent over FIVE YEARS last generation bitching about how consoles were holding us back and now that we have new consoles that make weaker hardware obsolete we're bitching about games being "poorly opitimized"? Both FC4 and DA: Inq have performance issues, but requiring quad cores isn't one of them.

I would not get a 2 core desktop CPU now. If yes, it would be the g3258, but to be honest, it is still 2 cores

you can get a 4 core Intel as few as £130, and 8 core AMD for £100. Heck, even new phones are 4 cores

I would not get a 2 core desktop CPU now. If yes, it would be the g3258, but to be honest, it is still 2 cores

you can get a 4 core Intel as few as £130, and 8 core AMD for £100. Heck, even new phones are 4 cores

Don't forget phone quad cores have a huge disadvantage in ipc and clock speed, so they need the extra cores. I'm all for dragging the Core 2 Duo users out of the Stone Age, it's also well known ubisoft's devs use 1 core very heavily and barely use the other 3 despite having them required.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

@patrickjp93

I am aware of that, but we are seeing an increasing growing of cores in mobile phones. Not as large as in PC (16 core/32 thread Xeon) as the business world does not push mobile that hard (because... why would it?) and to share facebook statuses and selfies, basically anything is enough.

Remember Crysis 1? GTX 8800 ( top tier card back then) had problem running it, but not because it was badly coded, but because it had/have stunning visuals

it is not the case here sadly

People the game should work with hyperthreaded dualcores (i3s) just not optimally OP just messed his english up
@ilikemacandpc this isn't poor optimization -.- this is software starting to advance... it's a requirement for the game, if you bought the game without looking at it's requirements it your fault. Remember the consoles are now QuadCores only natural that games made for the consoles would have minimum requirements similar to the consoles specs if anything this is good optimization, a step in the right direction at this rate in a few more years maybe games will be able to use i7s or AMD 8 cores... 

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

It is 2014 (almost 2015!), people.. Quadcores have been out for so long that developers would be stupid not to write multithreaded code that can use ~4 threads. I know that the G3258 was a cool overclocking toy, but I've been saying for a while that an i3 (or FX 6300) would be a better overall choice.

I'm not saying that Ubisoft doesn't deserve any blame, but dual core CPUs just really don't have a place in new and future heavy applications..

Like HippY said, even phones are running quadcore CPUs.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

so it this ubisofts next "anti piracy" thing

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

@OriginalPromise: except even call of dooty aw patched that problem away quickly.

Meanwhile Ubisoft kept on digging.

@crystal6tak: anyone on a budget won't be wasting money on Ubisoft peasant games...

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

People the game should work with hyperthreaded dualcores (i3s) just not optimally OP just messed his english up

@ilikemacandpc this isn't poor optimization -.- this is software starting to advance... it's a requirement for the game, if you bought the game without looking at it's requirements it your fault. Remember the consoles are now QuadCores only natural that games made for the consoles would have minimum requirements similar to the consoles specs if anything this is good optimization, a step in the right direction at this rate in a few more years maybe games will be able to use i7s or AMD 8 cores...

My problem with this analysis is we don't see optimal usage of the CPU threads. One core is at 100% usage full time while the other three barely break 10% usage. If we saw better multicore usage that really hit all cores hard, then I'd call that evolution of software. Right now it's a bit of a farce.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

so you are telling me that I cannot use a G3258 but I can use an AMD A6 if i wanted since it has non-hyperthreaded 4 core emulation.

that makes COMPLETE sense.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

to the people saying its ok since they listed it as a minimum requirement. If they listed the minimum requirements as a 980, would you be ok with that?

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place