Buying a monitor. Help please

Giganizer300PRO

I ma almost done with my new PC (not "done", I almost finished it) and then it hit me how stupid I am.

I upgraded to a $1000 PC, but my monitor can't even handle more than 1360 x something.

So I decided that it might be time... for, you guessed it, a new monitor.

I am looking for something not too expensive, but yet with no draw-backs for my GTX 970 in gaming.

I am not looking for a high-end gaming monitor. Just something solid for gaming. 1080p, solid refresh rate (don't know, I think 60 Hz is about right for gaming, correct me if I'm wrong), decent colors (I love good colors, but wouldn't buy a more expensive monitor just for that)...

Help please

asus vg248qe best monitor for it's price

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

If you would like to try something a little bit different than a 1080p monitor, maybe try the 21:9 lg 25um65. I own it and it's a really great monitor.

Budget? 

Dell U2414H if you want a solid IPS monitor (1080p, 60Hz) with all kinds of connectivity options and height adjust etc.

Asus VX239H, if you want to pay a little less for the same specs and don't mind not having display port and height adjust etc.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

5ms is fine for gaming, I own both 1ms and 5ms monitors and I can't notice a difference.

You only have to watch out with monitors slower than about 15ms.

There is just too much stuff to cosider; refresh rate, color reproduction, blah blah...

Is it really that important? I mean, can a monitor for $250 bucks be bad? Am I just worrieing too much?

btw, thank you @vengeancek70 , for 190€, I will definitelly check out that LG monitor, because I would love to have it.