i5 4690k reaching 58 degree celcius

c00face

It's a brand new computer. stock cooler, everything is fine. I ran it for a couple of hours, it was fine. but the temp seems to keep rising. I finally downloaded ArcheAge to test out the new graphic card, and my CPU reached 58 degree Celcius and going higher. That's already close to 70 degree Celcius. So it seems a little off. Why is it already reaching 60 degree Celcius, it's a brand new rig, and ArcheAge doesn't take a lot of power.

That sounds fine to me, perhaps invent in an aftermarket cooler if those temps are while idle.

It's a stock cooler. It's really not that hot. You are not in any danger until you start passing 80c then there is a problem.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Don't worry mine was going around 68-72 when I was gaming on stock Intel cooler I bought a corsair H55 and now the CPU stop around 50-52 when gaming.

Guillaume

GML Info

Like said above get an aftermarket cooler; the Coolester Master Hyper 212 EVO is a good & affordable option.

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

@laxer That's only true to a degree.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

@Godlygamer23, I agree but, in general it is true.

If you're not overclocking than the stock cooler is generally more than enough.

70 and even higher isn't taxing on most processors so unless the OP wants to start overclocking I wouldn't worry about purchasing an aftermarket HSF.

Has well runs hot... End of story even the new thermal interface material dident really help on devils canyon... I try and keep my CPU under 85c max if stressing and 60c max gaming... But honestly I've heard has well can handle up to 90c and above without any damage the main cause of CPU degradation is #1 heat over the throttleing point 100c and #2 higher then 1.300 volts on the core voltage