Perfect phone for me. Because Verizon screwed up on the Z3.....

1. Having that buffer at the end of the day is perfect for me when I forget to charge my phone and want to go back out at night. (and newest updates have helped battery life get even better I hear...)

- I also travel, and spend time way out in the middle of nowhere for full days.

2. The tough construction and water resistant nature fit my lifestyle and region (Hiking and search and rescue + oregon rain!)

3. Could care less if it does/does not have physical buttons.

4. Anyone who complains about speakers on a phone is weird. (seriously...its like your complaining about using earbuds as loudspeakers...:P)

5. Camera seems like a software issue...will probably be fixed. But I don't care either way. 

6. Is a moto phone, and has Lolipop promised. I have had very very fast updates with my Moto-X, assume it will be the same for this other moto phone. 

I will be buying one this week for $150 after a $100 discount for trading in an old phone. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Anyone know what car dock he was using in this video? Looks awesome. 

It looks like the airdock.  They state on the droid turbo page that the Ballistic Nylon doesn't work as well as the Metalized Glass Fiber though. I would to know others experiences with the dock and the ballistic nylon version of the droid turbo.

http://www.theairdock.com/pages/droid-turbo

Really wishing you would go ahead and review the oneplus one. Much like the droid turbo, it does have a different material back (sandstone). People on the forums usually report 1 1/2 to 2 days of use with the very light users pushing almost 3. I only ask because you guys focus alot on the hardware. I know you don't like the company, but I and many others would greatly appreciate a review. With cm12 coming out soon, it would be great to get your opinion on the device.

I know Oneplus has alot of things to dislike about them, but I think the phone itself deserves a fair chance. 

Anyone happen to know what car phone charger he's talking about at 5:25 in the video?

I answered that on the first page, and literally the post before yours is the answer. 

Main Rig

{
Intel Core i7 4770k, MSI Gaming z87-g45, EVGA GTX 770 dual SLI,  ARC Midi R2 , 16GB Crucial Ballistix, 256Gb SSD, 4TB HDD}

Peripherals

{
Keyboard: Razer Black Widow      Mouse: Razer Naga     Monitor: Asus 27in x 3}

Sony xperia z3 compact is all I have to say

1 and a half day battery life with my use

Please linus review this phone you love it, it fits my smallish hands perfectly so you'll love the handling. Great specs too

Yes please. 

Also, the Droid Turbo is a bit big for my hands and looks ugly at the front but looks great in that nylon-y stuff and seems very functional.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I have had Motorola since I started using cell phones. I have not been disappointed accept at Android 2.3 that Droid 3 was stuck with I think the hardware on that phone could have shined if it was stuck with that OS and last slide out keyboard Moto sold :( 

Nice review this is the phone my wife will be getting next. She kills her Moto X battery where I don't daily so I am looking for a beefy battery phone.

Just a suggestion love your video's but cut the innuendo at the beginning in brings down the quality of the review and production quality your crew puts into the vids IMHO.

We can build it, we have the technology!

so what is going on with availability outside the usa??

I hate to be a buzzkill, but I have been using a Vivo XPlay X510t (before anyone starts, yes, it is a Chinese phone) for about a year now, cost me roughly $200 (160eu) incl. shipping and customs and, well, the specs speak for it self.

https://translate.google.nl/translate?sl=zh-CN&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fitem.jd.com%2F922303.html&edit-text=

T1D1l2FepcXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg

It is a gorgeous, thin, and very very big phone with it's 5.7inch display (i'm 6'8, fits my hands like a glove) and as a pro user, and after a year of use I can still get 3 full days out of this thing, and still have 10% left.

I'm puzzled by big companies like Samsung and Sony claiming 48hr battery life is a 'Premium' perk, and i'm even more puzzled by the fact that apparently we all accept that <12hrs of battery life is normal? Like Linus said, I do not want a super thin, super light, cutting edge technological wonder in my hand, I want a SMARTPHONE, and it seems to me that any phone that kills its own battery in less than 12 straight hours, is not very smart :-P

FYI, this phone actually has English in its stock UI, although you'll have to puzzle a few minutes to find the language change option, unless you can read Chinese

Z3 Compact or Motorolla Droid Turbo?

only two options for me right now, small footprint, or usable battery.

I don't know about that opening joke Linus .... :S

As for smart phone reviews ....

DIE SMART PHONES DIE!

I also say this even more after hearing you saying that pay phones had no place anymore really on The WAN Show.  I think they still need them out there for emergency calls.  Despite what phone companies think not everyone has a cell phone.  Yes the majority do but there still is a place for pay phones.

Now setting my feelings aside about smart phones and just discussing this phone well AMOLED display is awesome. Nice one Motorola!  Also in regards to a phone being heavy well people should not be using these things for extremely long periods of time anyway and heck if people can use tablets and laptops that are heavy then c'mon man with complaining about a heavy smart phone. LOL

I liked the video cuz this phone sounds pretty good.  It is not perfect but it is pretty good.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S