Little n00b java app

Project37

I know a lot of people around here want to learn to program. Well, I wanted/still want to learn and am going to share what I have done so far....

http://thedami.co/TD/weather

It is not much, and honestly the code is underwhelming, BUT I made it, and I focused on Java for 2 months to make it. I will make something better, This was just a proof of concept I made for a friend. 

How I learned:

youtube thenewboston and mybringback java vids

The Java Tutorials from Oracle

Java for Dummies FREE ebook

Whatch JavaBrain on youtube to focus on web development with java(or you can find countless Java game tutorials)

Googleing what I wanted.

I spent 2 months learning java, all this work if to get a A in my Intro to Java class at the community college I am going to, but all the resources are free!!!!!!! The only thing my colege did for me was force me to study Java for 2 months so far. I am pushing hard to learn more. I am working on .jsp pages and am starting to work with some frameworks, but really all I did was spend the time doing it.

TL:DR focus for a few months on Java! I decreased my video game playing time down tremendously to use that time playing with Java.  

Much info 

Very cool!
Quite simple, but you know, great things has small beginnings!  :)

Where does the Java part come into this? Is this site served by some sort of java based web server? I'm eager to know!

Very cool!

Quite simple, but you know, great things has small beginnings!  :)

Where does the Java part come into this? Is this site served by some sort of java based web server? I'm eager to know!

Yeah, it is running a Apache Tomcat. Tomcat takes the request and calls the servlet. 

I am using http://code.aksingh.net/owm-japis/src java package to get the weather from OpenWeatherMaps.

Much info