SSD to SSD transfer of data

charleskevin12
Go to solution Solved by Dimwitted,

Phone MS. It's easy and they don't give you grief or anything. They ask what you changed and then give you an activation code and that's it. Won't happen again until you change something else like a m/bd.

i just recently copied/cloned my Old SSD (120 gb Samsung EVO 840 to my newly purchased SSD (Adata SX 900 using the Acronis software.. 

then i changed my boot up option to the New SSD.. when i boot my computer up windows is asking me to "activate windows"  i already tried to put my product key again but says error

what should i do?

i just recently copied/cloned my Old SSD (120 gb Samsung EVO 840 to my newly purchased SSD (Adata SX 900 using the Acronis software..

then i changed my boot up option to the New SSD.. when i boot my computer up windows is asking me to "activate windows" i already tried to put my product key again but says error

what should i do?

Just guessing, but you probably should've deactivated Windows on your Samsung 840 EVO before cloning it to your Adata SX 900 since the new SSD is considered new hardware. Just a thought. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

then i changed my boot up option to the New SSD.. when i boot my computer up windows is asking me to "activate windows"  i already tried to put my product key again but says error

what should i do?

Do the phone activation.

Phone MS. It's easy and they don't give you grief or anything. They ask what you changed and then give you an activation code and that's it. Won't happen again until you change something else like a m/bd.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!