BF4 Frames

Mekel

I get ridiculous frames at low-medium settings on bf4 multiplayer on even small maps like Operation Locker getting on average 50-60 frames.

My Specs are:

AMD FX 6300 ~3.5ghz

GTX 770 4038 MB's of built in ram

8GB's of ram

I think there might be something wrong with my computer it happens to so many games I have

I wouldn't call that bad FPS? What is your CPU+GPU usage when you play? Could be a CPU bottleneck.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Don't worry, same thing here and i'm on a 2gb card. Used to get 70+ FPS, and 70 at the lowest, since that huge update a while back my GTX 770 has been playing BF4 really badly too. And also it's an AMD optimized GPU game.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

I wouldn't call that bad FPS? What is your CPU+GPU usage when you play? Could be a CPU bottleneck.

An FX-6300 wouldn't bottleneck a 770 in BF4.

"Rawr XD"

Fx6300 is pretty weak in games.my 4670k gets around 90% cpu usage in bf4

Yes it would. At low to medium settings GTX 770 is able to produce far more than 60 fps, but is being held back by the CPU. It's a CPU dependent situation.

On 64 player servers my 4670k barely maintains 60 fps at times.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

Cpu bottleneck on a 6 core? I don't think so. Especially not operation locker. The 6300 might be weak but keep in mind it's bf4. You know...the game that eats as many cores as you throw at it? lol That being said you should still try to overclock 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Yeah it does. It actually gives about 10-20% less fps than an i5, even if you only have a 750ti.

It is not like you need a high end graphics card for a CPU to become a bottle neck. A CPU will be a bottleneck no matter what GPU you have, but the more powerful the GPU the more of a fps difference there will be. SO in a way, the bottleneck scales with performance. The 770 would still get much higher fps if he had an i5 or i7.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

the 6300 is weack, but its not bottlenecking the GPU it is just weack by itself, try overclocking to at leas 4 Ghz

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Yes it would. At low to medium settings GTX 770 is able to produce far more than 60 fps, but is being held back by the CPU. It's a CPU dependent situation.

On 64 player servers my 4670k barely maintains 60 fps at times.

Yeah it does. It actually gives about 10-20% less fps than an i5, even if you only have a 750ti.

It is not like you need a high end graphics card for a CPU to become a bottle neck. A CPU will be a bottleneck no matter what GPU you have, but the more powerful the GPU the more of a fps difference there will be. SO in a way, the bottleneck scales with performance. The 770 would still get much higher fps if he had an i5 or i7.

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

"Rawr XD"

Exactly my point. Are you trying to prove something different?

From the image you posted you can see the 6300 doing almost 20% worse than a last-gen i5...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Exactly my point. Are you trying to prove something different?

From the image you posted you can see the 6300 doing almost 20% worse than a last-gen i5...

So? It's getting over 60FPS. When I played Battlefield 4 with my Phenom X6 when it had an R9 280 in it, it would easily get over 60FPS all the time at 1080p high.

"Rawr XD"

So? It's getting over 60FPS. When I played Battlefield 4 with my Phenom X6 when it had an R9 280 in it, it would easily get over 60FPS all the time at 1080p high.

OP has a 770 not 780ti...

Spoiler

Where did you get 780 Ti from

The benchmark you posted...

Spoiler

The benchmark you posted...

If you're telling me that CPU is the bottleneck then that shouldn't matter....

"Rawr XD"

If you're telling me that CPU is the bottleneck then that shouldn't matter....

But you said that the benchmark was getting over 60fps...which wis not using the same GPU as OP is...

Spoiler

But you said that the benchmark was getting over 60fps...which wis not using the same GPU as OP is...

And? OP is not running at ultra settings, and getting 50-60 FPS. 

ffs this is just turning into more AMD vs Intel. I'm out.

"Rawr XD"

And? OP is not running at ultra settings, and getting 50-60 FPS. 

ffs this is just turning into more AMD vs Intel. I'm out.

I have no idea wtf you're trying to say...

xD

But you probably were getting over 60fps with a 280x because it had mantle, which removes load from the weak 6300 to give much better fps.

Since OP has a 770, he would need to upgrade his CPU since there is no mantle here.

Spoiler