Open air case: is dust a problem?

Chucky401

As stated is dust a problem for open air cases? Because I've thought that if the entire case is open then dust will circulate through it like it would a room and wouldn't collect specifically in the case. If anyone can help that'd be great

I have it open, and it doesn't get nethier more or less dust than when it was closed, so yeah, unless you have a nice balanced air system, i don't think it will change that much.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

As stated is dust a problem for open air cases? Because I've thought that if the entire case is open then dust will circulate through it like it would a room and wouldn't collect specifically in the case. If anyone can help that'd be great

For open air cases or like a test bench unless you leave it sitting for long periods of time dust doesn't usually settle but if it does since it's open air case a few blasts of compressed air will take care of it

I have an In Win S-Frame. Its about as open air as you can get. I have the 360rad at the bottom with fans on top sucking air through the RAD (so it acts as a sort of dust filter as it all collects at the other side) and it keeps air pressure in the rest of the case so dust doesn't settle inside. 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I have an In Win S-Frame. Its about as open air as you can get. I have the 360rad at the bottom with fans on top sucking air through the RAD (so it acts as a sort of dust filter as it all collects at the other side) and it keeps air pressure in the rest of the case so dust doesn't settle inside. 

Wait what....S-Frame AND ONLY A 4970k????

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440

Since it's at the bottom you could put some magnetic filters on the intake side of the radiator to lessen the amount of cleaning of the radiator itself, and awesome choice for a case  :D

Wait what....S-Frame AND ONLY A 4970k????

point being? :P Its a very good CPU if not one of the best... Also the S-Frame is older than X99 and I cant jusifty a mobo/ram/cpu change for little gain.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

point being? :P Its a very good CPU if not one of the best... Also the S-Frame is older than X99 and I cant jusifty a mobo/ram/cpu change for little gain.

No, you need a E5 2697 v2 12 core monster to fit that chassis. 

p.s. I'm jealous. :lol: