Gamestop explains how 10-year old girl wins Smash Bros tournament

SnowGhost1212

Howdy,

Interesting: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/gamestop-explains-how-they-faked-the-10yo-girl-winning-the-smash-tournament#.VHEhvfmUfIo

Don't know how no one guessed it, but funny all the same.

i'm thinking this is a little unfortunately timed (with the CS:GO stuff happening atm), maybe this won't be taken as lightly as it otherwise would have.

Thoughts?

SnowGhost

thats just funny and cute.

fun to put all the pros on place

They still used a pro to kick their ass. Still pretty funny though.

...And nobody realized?

I think that shows you who the audience of a smash bros tournament is

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

That is awesome!!!!!

but how did no one see what buttons she was pressing and realize they are wrong in correlation to what was going on in the game?

I'm not really sure why they'd bother I mean the games easy enough a 10 year old could well have won anyway.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

This is priceless. I do wonder how no one caught on though. I guess people were too focused on the screen.

I'm not really sure why they'd bother I mean the games easy enough a 10 year old could well have won anyway.

I'm not really a fan of smash, but there's a couple of technical things and techniques that really set apart pros from the fodder.

It got to the point that supposedly the guy who makes the game actually intentionally took out some of the advanced techniques to diminish the increasing gap between casual and pro players.

He he he! Yahtzee is laughing in his grave prison colony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk0MGPjWbtE#t=63s

Because of all people, his opinion should definitely influence yours towards a game.

The guy's a comedian, simple as that and anything he says about a game should be taken with a grain of salt, especially considering half the time he complains about non-issues like a pretentious twat.

Watch that and tell me that a button-mashing 10 year old girl could beat a pro.

-viedo snip-

TAS in the title means that's a Bot match. Find a different vid.

If i were that 10 yr old girl i won't be so cocky....Oh well bad actors..

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Can someone explain to me what makes Smash Bros so spectacular? It just seems like any other fighting game to me. (Yes, I have never even seen any Nintendo console with my own eyes for real as prety much noone here is having it).

That girl was good actress though. People had funny reactions. I liked it.

TAS in the title means that's a Bot match. Find a different vid.

Just googled it, touche'.

But still, to proclaim that there's no skill difference at all, and that anyone who's button mashing can beat a pro is just a ridiculous statement to make, nonetheless.

Also, watch this, some insight to some of the advanced techniques available that your regular player would be floored with against a pro player.

Because of all people, his opinion should definitely influence yours towards a game.

The guy's a comedian, simple as that and anything he says about a game should be taken with a grain of salt, especially considering half the time he complains about non-issues like a pretentious twat.

I watch yahtzee to hear the bad things about a game. That's kind of the point.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I'm more than ok with this. While some players are incredibly intense at their skill level, it's still a casual fighter from Nintendo. I might be a minority here, but it irks me when someone takes a fun title like Super Smash Bros and completely turns it into a sterile playground. To me, that ruins the point of the game. Kind of like when someone treats Pokemon religiously. Calm down and have fun. Even if fake, I'm glad a 10 year old kicked their asses on the surface. :P