No air coming from fan?

spwath

My aerocool ds seems to produce no air going through a honycome metal back of case. Its produced a ton when i tested it outside of the case last  month. Now it makes none. I feel like more air would come out of case without the fan. what shoudl i do?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

My aerocool ds seems to produce no air going through a honycome metal back of case. Its produced a ton when i tested it outside of the case last  month. Now it makes none. I feel like more air would come out of case without the fan. what shoudl i do?

pics? it could be bad static pressure. get a better fan. but then again its a DS...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

It could also be installed the wrong way. It's happened to me before!

It could also be installed the wrong way. It's happened to me before!

nope, deff the right way

pics? it could be bad static pressure. get a better fan. but then again its a DS...

not sure what i piuc would tell you, but ill take one now

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Is it starved? What's ventilation like in your case, and how many other fans do you have exhausting?

nope, deff the right way

not sure what i piuc would tell you, but ill take one now

well how thick the meshing is...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Is it starved? What's ventilation like in your case, and how many other fans do you have exhausting?

Ft05, so its the only exhaust and it has 2 180mm intakes.

well how thick the meshing is...

here

IMG_20141122_184713712.jpgIMG_20141122_184731922.jpgIMG_20141122_184740890.jpgIMG_20141122_184750684.jpg

Ft05, so its the only exhaust and it has 2 180mm intakes.

here

where is that cm fan poining?

also, even if it aint exhausting (which i find weird) you have plenty of holes so youll be fine

where is that cm fan poining?

also, even if it aint exhausting (which i find weird) you have plenty of holes so youll be fine

I only feel air coming from it on high when its loud

The cpu cooler (with an AP123) is blowing up

Should i just remove the DS for better ventilation?

I only feel air coming from it on high when its loud

The cpu cooler (with an AP123) is blowing up

Should i just remove the DS for better ventilation?

i genuinly dorn know whether youre not sensitive to air, or this fan is made of neutrinos

i genuinly dorn know whether youre not sensitive to air, or this fan is made of neutrinos

I mean, it wont blow a peice of paper

I mean, it wont blow a peice of paper

how fast is it goign? is it on PWM? check the rotation. try plugging into a 12V source

who is your avatar?Shes gorg

Seems like its on low rpm  

how fast is it goign? is it on PWM? check the rotation. try plugging into a 12V source

its 3 pin on a fan controller, set to a lowish speed. does this to a peice of paper set on top, wont even blow it off

IMG_20141122_185609401.jpg

Check if air does come out when side panel is removed. Your case might have lots of relative negative pressure.

I approve of your choice of CPU cooler btw. Saving up for one of those too.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Check if air does come out when side panel is removed. Your case might have lots of relative negative pressure.

its deff positive pressure, 2x180mm intake, 1x120 exhuast

and i did check w/o side panel

its 3 pin on a fan controller, set to a lowish speed. does this to a peice of paper set on top, wont even blow it off

Posted Image

Probably your fan controller settings. Try upping the speed! Or direct PSU connection

who is your avatar?Shes gorg

Seems like its on low rpm

It's my Emma. ;)

Probably your fan controller settings. Try upping the speed! Or direct PSU connection

it blows at high, but then its loud

For fun, if you reverse the fan, does air go in, if you put your hand or a sheet of facial tissue between the fan and CPU heatsink (you may need to tun off (unplug) the CPU heatsink fan for a few a seconds (yes it's fine, until you don't run anything CPU intensive at the same time, as you have a have a large heatsink which will absorb the heat nicely for that couple of seconds, especially with these days CPUs which are massively less power hungry than back in the old days).

The reason why I am asking, is that I want to see if you got the wrong fan. You have different types of fans. Some are 'case fans' where they are fan that are designed to provide fresh air in a non directed fashion to provide fresh air to all other components. Then you have high static pressure fan which are designed for heatsinks, where they are deigned to push air through obstacles such as heatsinks or in your case teh mesh of your case, to push the hot air out.

I believe that is the problem, which explains why, when outside the case, you get great air flow, but not when close to the case mesh.

For fun, if you reverse the fan, does air go in, if you put your hand or a sheet of facial tissue between the fan and CPU heatsink (you may need to tun off (unplug) the CPU heatsink fan for a few a seconds (yes it's fine, until you don't run anything CPU intensive at the same time, as you have a have a large heatsink which will absorb the heat nicely for that couple of seconds, especially with these days CPUs which are massively less power hungry than back in the old days).

The reason why I am asking, is that I want to see if you got the wrong fan. You have different types of fans. Some are 'case fans' where they are fan that are designed to provide fresh air in a non directed fashion to provide fresh air to all other components. Then you have high static pressure fan which are designed for heatsinks, where they are deigned to push air through obstacles such as heatsinks or in your case teh mesh of your case, to push the hot air out.

I believe that is the problem, which explains why, when outside the case, you get great air flow, but not when close to the case mesh.

Will try soon

Elaborate :)

Shes miiiiiineeeeee

it blows at high, but then its loud

Then it's a shit fan :P