[PEXON] Parvum LAN

pexon
Project: PEXON’s Parvum LAN

Untitled-1-4_zps76a6cc0f.png

Start Date: Monday 10th June 2012

Target Date: Insomnia LAN (i49)

This project will be my 2nd major mod. I look forward to taking on board what I have learnt and what I can improve on from my previous build, Project Evo http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219887

This build will be done in time for the Insomnia Lan in August in Telford.

My last rig took nearly 18 months to finish, this one will be a fraction of that, barely 2! There will be a little mid of modding, however not as much as Evo, it will mostly be a case of popping the watercooling gear in the case, wrestling with the tubing etc. however, who knows what will pop up. I have stopped working for my father and started up on my own, hence the lack of money for this build, so it wont be as extravagant as the last, I will be watching the pennies with this one and wont be spending money on crap I don’t need, however, I endeavour this to be every bit as nice as my last project.

Parts List:

CPU: Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3
GPU: ATi 7970 (Asus reference edition)
RAM: 8GB (4x2Gcool.png of Corsair Dominator GT 1866Mhz
HDD: Samsung F3 1TB
SSD: OCZ Agility 3
PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold Plus 750W
Case: Parvum Systems S1.0 Rotated µATX in green and black acrylic

Watercooling Parts:

Fans: Nanoxia Deep Silence 120mm for rads and 80mm for exhaust
Rads: Alphacool 240m (1x 30mm and 1x 45mm)
CPU block: Dimastech Nethens
GPU block: Alphacool v.1 7970 (copper)
Fittings: Aplhacool black 11mm/ 7/16" barbs and 45/90 angled fittings
Tubing: 11/16mm Masterkleer
Res: Alphacool Cape Corp 150mm Acetel black
Fluid: Mayhems Oil Black
Pump: Laing D5 and Acool top (DEAD! sad.gif ) Now using a DDC w/ EK top

Right, that is all the regular stuff sorted, lets get into it and show some pics, thats what you have all come to see, isn’t it?! wink.png

First off is the case.... WOW! What a piece of art, I don’t get this excited about stuff really, apart from new headphones or some new tools, but this case really is awesome. I LOVED my old Lian Li case, and having worked in mechanical engineering with my father, I can appreciate a nice array of riveted and anodized aluminium. I was a little dubious of how well the acrylic would piece together, but upon delivery and popping the panels together, my initial thoughts were quelled. The case can hold a fully blocked up µATX board and GPU, which, is some serious hunks of copper, 2x rads and fans, fully laden res without any issues. All the panels fit flush and the little touches such as tube and wire routing cut through-s are a god-send.

I watched the dudes at Parvum’s video on how to piece the bad-boy together, but being impatient and loving tinkering, I jumped straight in and got to grips by learning on the job. I took the top and front panels of numerous (at least 10 times each) and there was 0 damage, bowing, chipping of any panel and all the machined, bevelled screw holes stood up to multiple tightens and removal with no issues whatsoever, really, really good stuff.

The initial assembly took a few hours and this entailed me faffing a fair amount, getting to grips with how to tube up and where to route the wires and so on. I am confident I could piece up this case and get a system installed pretty quickly now.
First off, the case came flat pack, very well packed and everything came in one piece with no damage to any piece, always a risk involved with couriers and acrylic!

DSC09388_zps1e55085b.jpg

Everything was well bubble wrapped and it all unravelled like a pass- the-parcel gift.

DSC09389_zps9c715785.jpg

All the fasteners on show are Japanned, so they match the finish well, the fastener blocks are steel, the mobo and accessory fasteners are also standard plated steel finish. Everything was marked to keep them separate and there is a small allen key for the panel fasteners, if you have not already got one.

DSC09390_zps60e4e0b3.jpg

There is even a power switch.... Mine did not come with the cables as they are on back order, no issues, will be with me soon.

DSC09392_zpsb61005d9.jpg

Little letter, very nice touch....

DSC09397_zpsc2472b36.jpg

All the parts, ready for assembly, really enjoyed this part! biggrin.png

DSC09401_zpsaa433116.jpg

DSC09403_zpse96976d3.jpg

DSC09404_zpsd73ef5a3.jpg

DSC09405_zpscfe8fb86.jpg

Mounting the front radiator. A very nice touch here was the way of hiding the fasteners under the green panel. The black front panel will cover all the fasteners and the Japanned fasteners will blend in nicely...

DSC09410_zps501006a3.jpg

Managed to fit a nice 45mm thick 2x 120mm rad in there.... should be fine for the 2500K and 7970 in conjunction with the other 30mm 2x 120.

DSC09411_zps01940170.jpg

The hand bent mid panel adds a lot of rigidity to the overall structure.
DSC09413_zps72103977.jpg

Mobo and blocks are in....

DSC09414_zps8da715cd.jpg

DSC09415_zps50b32f58.jpg

Blocks are all in.... (yes shout at me for having carbon on there, but you wont see it as the top rad is snug against it, it was MEANT to be matt black vinyl but it came as carbon so YOLOL)

DSC09417_zps05a462e4.jpg

Looking goooood, even if I say so myself!

DSC09418_zpse836c0b0.jpg

Top rad in, with little copper touches...

DSC09420_zpse8a085f0.jpg

1st attempt (of many) at tubing up, my own fault for being stupid. I have had a lot on my mind at the moment and some crap going on in my personal life, yadda yadda but tubing up was a nightmare, which is my own fault!

DSC09424_zpsf595addb.jpg

DSC09425_zpsed2fe88c.jpg

DSC09426_zps8ed8feb9.jpg

All was going swimmingly, until a leaky, dead pump reared its ugly head

DSC09435_zps46cf0dee.jpg

DSC09437_zps94aac04a.jpg

I have a VERY generous friend who is donating a DDC to the project to get the ball rolling again, it should be here tomorrow so we can get cracking!

Next on the agenda is to create some LED strips, good job I had some spare and can solder!

DSC09448_zpsd5cf7025.jpg

DSC09450_zps9350fec9.jpg

Lovely and neat!

DSC09451_zpse0e8073c.jpg

dem suckers be bright yo!

DSC09453_zps282736bd.jpg

Laying the first set in the bottom panel to illuminate the front green accent panel, fingers crossed will create a lovely gradient.

DSC09458_zpsff9aa5cc.jpg

I needed to make a dinky little one in order to get some light on the left hand side of the case. This is the smallest length I could make, unfortunately these LED strips cannot be cut shorter.

DSC09459_zps5ad14be7.jpg

My solder and crimp work is all good, illumination on plug in, no issues there! smile.gif

DSC09460_zpse3abd940.jpg

Little bit of green paracord to keep everything neat

DSC09462_zps1b02c9fd.jpg

DSC09463_zpsfae47afe.jpg

Lovellyyyyyy

DSC09464_zps4324474c.jpg

Right, now to make a dinky PSU to Molex cable....

DSC09466_zps69cab3ff.jpg

Testing it all before sleeving....

DSC09468_zps284f81c0.jpg

All is good!

Cider time wink.png

DSC09471_zps9a962256.jpg

2 individual GRND wire and 1, split yellow/ 5v, the adhesive shrink is all that would grip, hence the massive girth :o

DSC09474_zpsee8ccae2.jpg

Now to ensure there is no undue pressure on the sticky back, we dont want those LED strips lifting off.

DSC09480_zps258d3167.jpg

Skip forward an hour, at this point I had been making cables for customers and had been working for 12 hours, so some food was in order. After some munchies, I got some tubing in...

DSC09488_zpse03c2645.jpg

DSC09491_zpsd4490e95.jpg

DSC09504_zps47a73045.jpg

In order to save spam etc, I will post the rest of the photos tomorrow, even though there is plenty more work that needs to be shown. I know what it is like scrolling through a ton of photos and it is not fun.

Thanks so much for looking dudes and dudettes, till the ‘morrow!

/ / 6G V2 - MX Black / Choc Mini - MX Blue / HHKB Pro 2 (Anthracite) - Lubed and dental modded / Poker 2 - MX Black / Dell AT101W / Filco TKL(Beige) - MX Black / Filco TKL(Black) - MX Brown / V60- MX Red / V80 - MX Brown / Winkeyless B.Mini / RS84 / / 

@pexonpcs

Love the case man, it truely is a thing of beauty.

/ / 6G V2 - MX Black / Choc Mini - MX Blue / HHKB Pro 2 (Anthracite) - Lubed and dental modded / Poker 2 - MX Black / Dell AT101W / Filco TKL(Beige) - MX Black / Filco TKL(Black) - MX Brown / V60- MX Red / V80 - MX Brown / Winkeyless B.Mini / RS84 / / 

@pexonpcs

No comment in the build? You just wanna know where I got my paracord from?

@pexonpcs

that looks really good, awesome case and awesome colour scheme :D.

awesome build. my S1.0 is in the mail. can't wait to see it in person. 

Parvum Systems S1.0, 3570K, H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB @ 1866, EVGA GTX 680 FTW+, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 600GB HDD, Corsair AX850

Looking good so far, more pics with finished system please. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Love the case!

awesome build. my S1.0 is in the mail. can't wait to see it in person.

It's a really good case man, what are you doing with it? Water or air?

Thanks for all the kind comments too guys! Hopefully the pump gets here today so I can wrap this build up.

@pexonpcs

Thanks man, really appreciate it! :D

@pexonpcs

well ofc the case looks great and the build is going well...

but for me, what motivates me to comeback is the way you're telling this, its like a little story and i love that! it imerges me into the build itself eheheh and i thank you for that :P

moar moar! :D

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

The build log looks great love the rig Pexon ( your welcome mate)

This is really cool.

Thanks dude! :D

The build log looks great love the rig Pexon ( your welcome mate)

Cheers Zan

well ofc the case looks great and the build is going well...

but for me, what motivates me to comeback is the way you're telling this, its like a little story and i love that! it imerges me into the build itself eheheh and i thank you for that :P

moar moar! :D

I always babble on lol, I like talking through what I have done, glad you enjoy reading it mate

Looking veeery good. Love the sleeving.

Thanks man, sleeving is one of my favourite things to do in a build.

@pexonpcs

Thanks man, just booting or up now for some reason the Gpu isn't working, anyway I'll try and get it sorted

@pexonpcs

It's a really good case man, what are you doing with it? Water or air?

CPU will have a H100i but other them that, just a really clean air cooled build.  Parvum case has the cleanest look i seen on the market. just want a clean system over all.  I will post a build log too.

Parvum Systems S1.0, 3570K, H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB @ 1866, EVGA GTX 680 FTW+, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 600GB HDD, Corsair AX850

Bloody epic!

Love the green and black colour theme.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

very nice i want too see this done!

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

7970 is kaput!  :(

@pexonpcs

what ? :unsure:  damn... bad luck m8

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)