Optus supplied cable modem keeps dropping WiFi. Help?

Model: CG3000v2 (Optus supplied), running latest firmware (V2.07.05)

Every few minutes or so (and quite literally that often, quite annoying), the WiFi will simply quit working for any device connected to the modem. The connection will remain solid, but no data can be sent or received (even internally, like to a NAS), and disconnecting from the network makes it impossible to reconnect, until I get up out of my seat, go downstairs to the modem, and physically press the WiFi button on the modem to turn the functionality off, wait 5 seconds, and reenable it. Repeat every 10 minutes or so, faster if doing high bandwidth stuff like watching YouTube videos at 1080p+. Sometimes even this doesn't work and I have to turn the modem itself off and on again. Its not a range issue as the issue can occur even when sitting right next to the modem. Ethernet is unaffected. I don't believe its an interference issue either as the only other 2.4GHz transmitter in the area is the cordless phone, which is about 2-3 metres away, and it would automatically fix itself after the interference stops (it doesn't fix itself automatically at all)

We've had the modem replaced 2 times now, 2 of them have had the same issue (first one was dropped by the tech when installing the cable, essentially killing all functionality), so it could be bad luck or something wrong at my home and not the WiFi but if anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Your "Modem" is what would be considered a Gateway as it is a combination of both a Wireless Router and Cable Modem.

Perhaps try contacting optus to see if you can get a new one?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Your "Modem" is what would be considered a Gateway as it is a combination of both a Wireless Router and Cable Modem.

Perhaps try contacting optus to see if you can get a new one?

So you think it might just be bad luck getting another bad one (this is our second one with the same issue)? I think I'll wait for confirmation that it's just that from others before going that route.

what acsess point

Its a Netgear CG3000v2, (only available to Optus customers). Its based on the CG3000 IIRC

So you think it might just be bad luck getting another bad one (this is our second one with the same issue)? I think I'll wait for confirmation that it's just that from others before going that route.

Hmm, Try getting a higher powered one, its possible that it is getting too many requests to handle or something like that, and that could be causing it.

My router often does the same thing, I think it started after I had done a firmware update, but once a new firmware came out and I updated to it that seemed to make it happen noticeably less often, but it looks like it is starting to get worse again... (I plan to get a new router once it is absolutely needed)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Hmm, Try getting a higher powered one, its possible that it is getting too many requests to handle or something like that, and that could be causing it.

My router often does the same thing, I think it started after I had done a firmware update, but once a new firmware came out and I updated to it that seemed to make it happen noticeably less often, but it looks like it is starting to get worse again... (I plan to get a new router once it is absolutely needed)

I think it's possible that it's the firmware, when we got the current one it came with an older firmware where the admin page looked like it was straight out of the 90's as far as design goes. Do you know of a way I could downgrade the firmware back to that version?

I would buy my own seperate router and connect that.

That's my last resort, dad doesn't want to spend too much money on this issue.

That's my last resort, dad doesn't want to spend too much money on this issue.

Isp routers/modems are just shit I have a highend cisco one and even that is shit just ask if they can replace it or try updating the firmware.