Activision copyright strikes videos containing Advanced Warfare bugs

Linusinium

A week ago I made a similar thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/250549-now-ive-seen-everything-publishers-issuing-copyright-strikes-against-animated-gifs/ but publishers keep doing dumb stuff.

A multi billion dollar franchise like COD "can't afford" dedicated servers but they apparently they can afford to hunt down youtube videos that show Advanced Warfare bugs:

http://kotaku.com/activision-targets-call-of-duty-glitch-videos-for-take-1661763431

Activision is evil, ideally anyone playing their games should see an exorcist until they repent  but I'll settle for having publishers exposed when they do stuff like this.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Repost. Even the thread I was going to link was a repost and has been deleted.

"Rawr XD"

I guess these publishers believe that getting heavy criticism is better than fixing up their game in the first place.

ain't claiming videos some kind of matreial damage? or even pshycological (I think thats how you spell it) damage? I guess we should read terms & conditions

Lol I love bug videos.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Streisand Effect

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Yep they would rather sensor videos about the bugs than fix them...

Shouldn't companies have already learned by now, trying to cover up people showing negative criticism or things that are wrong with the company's product through threats and censorship does not work, in fact, it does the opposite. It will get the companies into more bad press. For example, remember the hotels that fining people for leaving negative reviews, their yelp page got destroyed and got them more bad press.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w