Tgcmylohkyw.exe issue.

Manny18Ply
Go to solution Solved by ionbasa,

If Malwarebytes fails to work, there are quite a few other ways to fix this. OP, please keep us updated on the issue.

Well I currently have some weird program running allegedly by google chrome. it there are multiple running and I don't know where it came from. there are times in which one of these go up to using 1gb of ram and causes my comp to slow down. I'm pretty sure its a form of malware but my antivirus software isn't picking it up. I went to the source location which ends up in an AppData\LocalLow folder and I can't delete the file while it "running" I am able to delete the files completely if I restart the comp quickly but after a few minuets these files appear again. it will start off in AppData\LocalLow\Google then if I manage top delete all the files it will appear in AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft and so on so forth. I tried uninstalling Google Chrome and it fixed the problem only for a day and it came back.

I want to know how to fully remove this because I'm pretty sure google didn't create this program.

post-164059-0-70422100-1416689512.png

post-164059-0-70531300-1416689529.png

It looks like chrome was renamed, rightclick and go to the source folder and post a picture of the path.

Seems that something is renaming Chrome, run Malwarebytes and also check the path where the program is coming from.

Chrome is supposed to run multiple processes, it's the way it's designed.

Seems that something is renaming Chrome, run Malwarebytes and also check the path where the program is coming from.

Chrome is supposed to run multiple processes, it's the way it's designed.

While it is true that Chrome does run in multiple processes, that screenshot looks a little excessive in my opinion.

Like someone mentioned earlier, please run a scan with the free version of MalwareBytes, which can be located here: https://www.malwarebytes.org/

If that still fails, there are other options that we can run through.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

While it is true that Chrome does run in multiple processes, that screenshot looks a little excessive in my opinion.

Like someone mentioned earlier, please run a scan with the free version of MalwareBytes, which can be located here: https://www.malwarebytes.org/

If that still fails, there are other options that we can run through.

It is somewhat alarming to me, I don't know anybody who has that many toolbars.

I uninstalled google chrome completely two days ago and its still running this weird program heres a screencap of where the file lead to and when I manage to delete it completely they will appear up again in a different folder in the AppData\LocalLow

post-164059-0-45773600-1416691673_thumb.

I uninstalled google chrome completely two days ago and its still running this weird program heres a screencap of where the file lead to and when I manage to delete it completely they will appear up again in a different folder in the AppData\LocalLow

Have you ran Malwarebytes like asked to do?

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Simply delete every trace of Chrome and Carry On Wayward Son?

Oh yeah, delete that funky folder as well. Delete all the stuff involving Chrome in the ProgramData folder.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

It's a virus pretending to be Chrome... I think...

If Malwarebytes fails to work, there are quite a few other ways to fix this. OP, please keep us updated on the issue.

the melwarebytes is still scanning. currently detected 75 issues some of which are locate in the AppData folder but not the tgcmylohkyw file

the melwarebytes is still scanning. currently detected 75 issues some of which are locate in the AppData folder but not the tgcmylohkyw file

Ok, give it some time. There are a number of utilities we can guide you to use to fix the issue. When Malwarebytes is finished scanning, make sure to click OK, then Show Results to view the results.

Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it, then Copy and Paste that log into your next reply.

Ok so this is what i got from melwarebytes. i was able to also delete the files and is no longer running in the background. however even it seems to be good at the moment i want google chrome back as my main browser but am worried this virus will comeback

txt

Ok, everything seems alright. Feel free to re-install chrome from: https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/

If the issue persists, please let us know.