Think my CPU may have gone bad?

omgBlur

Last night I put my PC to Sleep after playing some BF4 and WoW. 

Today I tried to Wake it the same way I normally do, by clicking my mouse, however this time the computer itself looked like it was waking, but then I got no video on my monitor. I powered it off and upon powering it back on I noticed on the Q LED's that the CPU_LED was on. The Q_Code LED on the board shows 00 which indicates no issue with anything else. After researching online I tried the following things.

• Reseat the CPU (Checked pins, everything is ok)
  • Reapplied thermal and secured screws around cooler (not too tight and not too soft as some said that maybe cause problems if it's not balanced)
  • Reseated and rearranged RAM
  • Updated BIOS via the BIOS Flashback feature on the board (Plugged USB in with latest drivers (Version 1603)
  • Pressed the Clear CMOS button.
  • Unplugged power cord and took out Mobo battery then waited an hour. 
  • Checked both PSU cables that go to Mobo

Not sure what else I could try before I contact Asus/Intel to send it in. I don't have a spare CPU or Mobo to try and this build is about a year old now. Suggestions?

My specs:

• Intel i5 4670k (using the automatic OC feature built on the mobo.)
  • Asus Maxiumus VI Gene
  • 4 x 4GB DDR3 (16GB total) Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 (@ stock speeds)
  • PNY GTX 980 (reference cooler)
  • EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650 G 80 PLUS GOLD
  • 2 x Samsung Evo 840 128GB SSD
  • PNY 256 GB SSD
  • Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB

Did you try using only one stick of ram at a time rather than rearranging the ram?

EDIT: Did you also try plugging your monitor into all of the video ports? perhaps there is nothing wrong but the monitor needs to be plugged into the onboard instead of the dedicated or vice-versa because of the motherboard bios reset.

EDIT2: My 3770 had a problem once where I turned it off and the next time I turned it on I saw nothing on the screen and then realized it wasn't outputting to the videocard when I pluged my monitor into the motherboard. Another time my friend came over and this happened and it turned out the cat pulled out the monitor cables from the back of the LCD.

Last night I put my PC to Sleep after playing some BF4 and WoW. 

Today I tried to Wake it the same way I normally do, by clicking my mouse, however this time the computer itself looked like it was waking, but then I got no video on my monitor. I powered it off and upon powering it back on I noticed on the Q LED's that the CPU_LED was on. The Q_Code LED on the board shows 00 which indicates no issue with anything else. After researching online I tried the following things.

• Reseat the CPU (Checked pins, everything is ok)
  • Reapplied thermal and secured screws around cooler (not too tight and not too soft as some said that maybe cause problems if it's not balanced)
  • Reseated and rearranged RAM
  • Updated BIOS via the BIOS Flashback feature on the board (Plugged USB in with latest drivers (Version 1603)
  • Pressed the Clear CMOS button.
  • Unplugged power cord and took out Mobo battery then waited an hour. 
  • Checked both PSU cables that go to Mobo

Not sure what else I could try before I contact Asus/Intel to send it in. I don't have a spare CPU or Mobo to try and this build is about a year old now. Suggestions?

My specs:

• Intel i5 4670k (using the automatic OC feature built on the mobo.)
  • Asus Maxiumus VI Gene
  • 4 x 4GB DDR3 (16GB total) Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 (@ stock speeds)
  • PNY GTX 980 (reference cooler)
  • EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650 G 80 PLUS GOLD
  • 2 x Samsung Evo 840 128GB SSD
  • PNY 256 GB SSD
  • Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB

I would test your RAM one by one and maybe try a different GPU if you have access to one. 

i had this issue a while back and it turned out to be that my GPU had "burnt out" 

Remove GPU and try to get a signal with the onboard graphics... also only use one stick of memory and try it in different slots to rule out that. My pc for example has a fucked ram slot and will only work if that one isn't populated.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Okay so most of you are saying to check my video card, I'm going to test it out and see what happens when I plug it into the built in board.. In the mean time, may I ask. If it is the video card, why would it show as a CPU error on the LED on the mobo instead of VGA LED?

QSBo89x.png

Here's an image of how it looks like on the board.

Okay so as most of you suggested I pulled the graphics card out and tried from the onboard graphics. Same results. I even took all the RAM out and just used on 4GB stick. 

The CPU_LED indicator still turns on, fans spin at full speed, and no video.

Trying to feel the water block to see if it gets warm, but not noticeable as I only leave it for less than 2 minutes. 

Okay so as most of you suggested I pulled the graphics card out and tried from the onboard graphics. Same results. I even took all the RAM out and just used on 4GB stick. 

The CPU_LED indicator still turns on, fans spin at full speed, and no video.

Trying to feel the water block to see if it gets warm, but not noticeable as I only leave it for less than 2 minutes. 

Oh I see! I didn't fully understand the situation before. I thought when u meant that you got code 00 as in a code where nothing is wrong. So the CPU_LED is on meaning that the cpu is faulty. Well luckily it is under warranty still. This if very peculiar because I have never had a CPU gone bad in my life because they usually have pretty good quality control.

Things to check:

-Make sure you check every single stick in every combination of the slots.

-Check changing power supplies if that makes a difference

-Check changing motherboards if you have a spare available

-Check changing CPUs if you have a spare available.

If any of these options above fix the problems then you will know what is wrong through deduction. However, if you don't have any of these spares available.

In any case, shit happens.... you should try to RMA the CPU.

Looks like you already tried the dead ram possibility and tried updating the bios.