Motherboard not recognizing system fan?

Almostlastplace

Hey, I recently upgraded my set of case fans to Noctua NF-A14 PWM fans, everything seemed to go together just fine until I noticed that after booting through the BIOS the fan plugged into sys_fan2 is not being recognized or powered at all. It still spins upon initially powering on, and I have plugged it into different headers to make sure the problem wasn't with the fan itself but I've narrowed the issue down to the motherboard header for sure.

help? :unsure:

Hey, I recently upgraded my set of case fans to Noctua NF-A14 PWM fans, everything seemed to go together just fine until I noticed that after booting through the BIOS the fan plugged into sys_fan2 is not being recognized or powered at all. It still spins upon initially powering on, and I have plugged it into different headers to make sure the problem wasn't with the fan itself but I've narrowed the issue down to the motherboard header for sure.

help? :unsure:

what breand mobo run it off a splitter try clearing cmos

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

what breand mobo run it off a splitter try clearing cmos

The mobo is a Gigabyte Z77-D3H

Have you tried a different fan header and see if the problem persists?

I have plugged the fan into a different header and it worked but it's just not working in sys_fan2 specifically. 

The mobo is a Gigabyte Z77-D3H

I have plugged the fan into a different header and it worked but it's just not working in sys_fan2 specifically. 

Well, then it sounds like you've already isolated the problem.

Well, then it sounds like you've already isolated the problem.

Yeah, I'm just trying to figure out how to fix it from here

Gigabyte doesn't have PWM control on their system fan headers. Only on CPU and CPU_OPT headers. Just fyi. The fan should still be working. Have you set some special controlling profile to that header in BIOS?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv