LG Monitor Wont Turn On

Hi guys Luke here back for more help :)

So here's the problem i got a new monitor bracket arm thing monitor worked fine before mounting.

I mounted it and it would not turn on i have tried taking it off and back on the stand and tried turning it back on but it still wont turn back on. Strange thing the computer still detects the monitor and shows up in the windows screen resolution setting when the power and the hdmi of the monitor is plugged in and doesn't show it when not plugged in so it is still working to some extent just no picture is showing. It is a LG IPS LED 23EA63 Monitor here it is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LG-23EA63-23-IPS-LED-Widescreen-Monitor-Full-HD-1080p-HDMI-DVI-VGA-/331103134616 . It was brand new from ebuyer when i brought it and it is still under warranty by a month so if you guys cant help me fix it then i will just send it back and get a replacement. Another thing is when i hold the function button as for the as i am holding it the function button turns on the red light at the front. All the other buttons don't seem to do anything(as far as i can tell). When screwing in the top left corner screw(when looking at it from the back)did click a few times when going in so if there is anything important under there that controls the monitor maybe i broke it or went through it??

Um thing thats about all any and all help will be great thanks so much guys really need this fixed asap using a crappy monitor atm :) ! - Luke

Mhmm sounds like you overtwisted something, if you already checked everthing twice (really do it like a 6year old it helps sometimes). You better send it back before you open it or something.

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Mhmm sounds like you overtwisted something, if you already checked everthing twice (really do it like a 6year old it helps sometimes). You better send it back before you open it or something.

Yeh, what do you mean by overtwisted something? And yes i have check it once what do you mean like a 6 year old? Closely? And i don't know should i open it or could they see that i have and this would void my warranty? 

RMA it. If that doesnt work, consult back to the forums

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

don't open it if it come to that just send it back 

1. does it power on?

2.make sure your on the right input

3.Check that both the display and pc connections are properly installed

4. Check the cables for bent or missing pins

5..Try another cable type

6. Try another port on your computer

7. just return it before its too late

RMA it. If that doesnt work, consult back to the forums

What is RMA? Do you mean return it to the company?

Yeh, what do you mean by overtwisted something? And yes i have check it once what do you mean like a 6 year old? Closely? And i don't know should i open it or could they see that i have and this would void my warranty? 

With like a 6 year old i mean that you check every little detail, I sometimes mess stuff up just because I forgot little things, so anoying.

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

don't open it if it come to that just send it back 

1. does it power on?

2.make sure your on the right input

3.Check that both the display and pc connections are properly installed

4. Check the cables for bent or missing pins

5..Try another cable type

6. Try another port on your computer

7. just return it before its too late

1.Doesnt power on

2. cant it wont turn on

3.yes there are

4. nope there not but surley the monitor should just turn on then it would just say like no signal or something like that.

5. have done usually us hdmi but tried vga

6. Ok will do

7. :) Probably will

With like a 6 year old i mean that you check every little detail, I sometimes mess stuff up just because I forgot little things, so anoying.

Oh ok. Will do now :)!

What is RMA? Do you mean return it to the company?

yes, Return Merchandise Authorization. Just send it back and get a replacement. It seems i also bumped this trhead

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

yes, Return Merchandise Authorization. Just send it back and get a replacement. It seems i also bumped this thread

Oh ok thought so. And what ya mean you bumped it? Sorry new to this forum stuff.

Oh If you have no green glow try another outlet 

What? A green glow/light from where? Where the red light usually is at the bottom of the monitor? In the whole time of having this monitor i have never seen it be a different colour.

What? A green glow/light from where? Where the red light usually is at the bottom of the monitor? In the whole time of having this monitor i have never seen it be a different colour.

Green glow is an indicator that the monitor is turned on sometimes the color is blue but usually its never red. red typically means off or stand by 

Green glow is an indicator that the monitor is turned on sometimes the color is blue but usually its never red. red typically means off or stand by 

I've been looking at picture on google and I guess LG did go with red as an indicator 

I've been looking at picture on google and I guess LG did go with red as an indicator 

Oh ok and no mine blinks red when its going on then goes off again when its on. And ok i have never in my lifetime of using this monitor seen any other colour at all apart from red. Yep so lg did go with red. I think that maybe on the old LG monitors.

I think the function button has something to do with it but i cant find anything on google about a red light coming on when you hold the function button on lg monitors.