Looking for RTS/TBS to play (Does anyone still play DoWII?)

Looking for a new Strategy game to play. I've become less than a fan of Starcraft and how it is structured, so I've been looking into other RTS games, but also TBS games like Civilization. Which games are you guys playing? Does anyone still play Dawn of War II? I'm a huge 40k fan. 

Tallgeese VI Build log coming soon!!
NZXT H440 | Intel Core i5-4690K | MSI Z97S Krait Edition | 12GB Corsair XMS3 | EVGA GTX970 Superclocked | Samsung 840 EVO 240GB, WD Blue 320GB | Corsair CX600M

Elite Dangerous: CMDR Zorin Kay'Van

I have all the DoW games, but don't play them much nowadays unfortunately.

I'd highly recommend Company Of Heroes, and Company Of Heroes 2. I enjoy them both, but prefer the 2nd mainly because you get a better choice of tanks, and i love playing as the Germans, using the Jagdtiger/Ferdinand/Tiger.

Supreme Commander 2 is a lot of fun to play but it's a bit lacking in it's online community, but you will find matches nonetheless. Also great if you have a 2nd monitor, as you can game on the main screen, and use the secondary monitor as a birds eye view of the entire map, so you can keep track of where your team's forces are, and where the enemy are attacking from, save having to zoom out on your main monitor to see what's going on.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I have all the DoW games, but don't play them much nowadays unfortunately.

I'd highly recommend Company Of Heroes, and Company Of Heroes 2. I enjoy them both, but prefer the 2nd mainly because you get a better choice of tanks, and i love playing as the Germans, using the Jagdtiger/Ferdinand/Tiger.

Supreme Commander 2 is a lot of fun to play but it's a bit lacking in it's online community, but you will find matches nonetheless. Also great if you have a 2nd monitor, as you can game on the main screen, and use the secondary monitor as a birds eye view of the entire map, so you can keep track of where your team's forces are, and where the enemy are attacking from, save having to zoom out on your main monitor to see what's going on.

I like the aesthetics and mechanics of COH but how does it differ from the gameplay style of starcraft? (Base expansion>Make units>Base expansion>Make Units>Make new base>etc etc)

And why don't you play Dawn of War II so much anymore? Is the online community lacking?

NZXT H440 | Intel Core i5-4690K | MSI Z97S Krait Edition | 12GB Corsair XMS3 | EVGA GTX970 Superclocked | Samsung 840 EVO 240GB, WD Blue 320GB | Corsair CX600M

RISE OF NATIONS

CPU: i5 4670k GPU: GTX 770 Mobo: Z87-UD3H RAM: 8Gb Ripjaws Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

RISE OF NATIONS

I'd rather play something with a substantial amount of people playing online. Not sure if that game has that as it is pretty old

I'd rather play something with a substantial amount of people playing online. Not sure if that game has that as it is pretty old

It was just on sale on the front page of steam, they semi-remade it this summer

CPU: i5 4670k GPU: GTX 770 Mobo: Z87-UD3H RAM: 8Gb Ripjaws Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

I like the aesthetics and mechanics of COH but how does it differ from the gameplay style of starcraft? (Base expansion>Make units>Base expansion>Make Units>Make new base>etc etc)

And why don't you play Dawn of War II so much anymore? Is the online community lacking?

Never put much time into Starcraft - so i don't know how it differs from COH. But in COH, it's basically build a couple base buildings, and cap resource points, you can build a second headquarters though, and expand your base further into the field. Playing as allies, you get a mobile HQ unit if i recall. (i tend to stick to Germany, i love their tanks too much)

And i don't play DoW as much because i've played it to death, i still personally prefer DoW Dark Crusade over DoW II.  A great mod for it which i played a fair bit, is Firestorm over Kronus. It brings the game more in-line with the tabletop game. Only downside is the engine isn't that great for large scale battles, i'm talking 1000+ units on the field.(it lacks Titans as well, but it's understandable) But it's great if you enjoy tabletop - one of the best things is how the armor types work. I.e, in the regular Dawn Of War pc games, any weapon can damage a vehicle. In the tabletop, and that mod - the armor is seperated by type. And vehicles require specialized weaponry to deal damage. I.e, you can have 50 space marines firing bolters at a Land Raider but they won't do a damn thing. You'd need rockets/lascannon/plasma weaponry etc to deal any kind of damage to it.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...