Case Question 750D or 760T and Liquid CPU Cooling.

Hello,

This topic contains a liquid CPU cooling question as well as an opinion between two cases so here goes :) :

I would like to get a new case since I do not like my old one. I am currently using air cooling, do not plan on going to liquid cooling since it is not as available as it could be in my region (the blocks pumps reservoirs etc.). I have dual 780ti's and a Seidon 120XL for cpu cooling. I used HAF X but unfortunately my brother took it away from me smile.gif . Now I am leaning towards a Corsair 750D or 760T for the looks but I've got airflow questions for both.

Before I leap on to my questions regarding the cases, I would like to ask, while using a 280mm CPU liquid cooler like for example a Corsair H110, how should I adjust the fans? Do I need to attach it to the top of my case (I know front is an option but I want fresh air to benefit my GPU as well from the front), as fans pulling air from outside or pushing air to outside? I always liked to use top fans as exhaust for certain reasons and I would pretty much have top fans as exhaust.

With my Seidon 120XL, it is mounted on the rear with 2 fans and the radiator in the middle and I've mounted it as shown here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBLsCjcI04Y
I believe the first fan(closer to the cpu) is pushing air through the radiator to the other fan, which is blowing the air OUT of the case. Is this a proper or optimal mounting for a liquid CPU cooler fan/radiator?

As for my questions with cases;

For 750D, Is front intake really a serious issue? Doesn't it have dents in the side so fresh air can enter? I know it is limited but if you are using one, how many degrees overall on MOBO, CPU or GPU differ with the cover on and off?

Would it be okay to use a CPU cooler like I currently use (Seidon 120XL) with the method I use as explained before and add two exhaust fans to the top with this case, if the front intake is good? (and perhaps add another intake fan to the bottom of the case instead of 1 HDD Drive Cage.)

For 760T, Is the top completely obstructed from the panel? Can I keep the panel AND use top fans as exhaust? Also my question for 280mm Radiator/Liquid CPU cooler like H110 Corsair that I asked for 750D applies here as well.

If you can enlighten me with your KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCES with both cases, airflow expertise AND/OR liquid cpu cooling (not complete liquid cooling but just the cpu coolers like corsair/coolermaster ones I've talked about) I would be more than happy!

Thank you for your time and interest! 

I run the 750D with a H100i cooler, and I gotta say it's pretty perfect, I've not gone into the world of OC'ing yet but I plan to soon and I'm more then confident it will easily manage it. I also plan on getting an extra 780ti to add to my build and again I'm pretty confident they will stack up fine. 

But I may advice removing one of the bottom HDD drive bays and placing a fan on the bottom as a Intake just for some extra airflow if you're not planning on using the HDD bay.

The front panel on the 750D does have slits on the side of it to allow air flow, and it seems to be pretty effective I've at no point run into any above average temps in my rig even during stress testing.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

Also to answer your question, my current set up is h100i fans as Exhausts, 1 rear exhaust fan and 2 front intake fans. Although I believe if you were going for full preformance you would use the CPU cooler fans as Intake as to throw more cool air into the CPU, but at the same time pushing more hot air down onto the cards. (Which is why I have exhaust)

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

I have just finished a build in in 750D and have to admit, it is such a sound case. I have an H75 for cooling, exhausting out of the top; i5 4670k, OC'ed to 4.2ghz idling at 22 - 25 degrees and hitting 55 - 55 at load.

The two front fans do a very good job of moving air into the case, even with the front cover seeming so close. IIf you were to mount the rad in the front, you could add, as I have done, a fan to the bottom of the case blowing up to the cards to add fresh, cool air.

I cant comment on the 760T but the 750D is an amazing case, with so much room you could play with different set-ups almost indefinitely.

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

So with your comments I understand the front intake issue is nearly non-existent with 750D. I like the look of the 760T side panel but is the top cover like 750D in that matter with that case? (allowing air to circulate with it being closed?) Since even without exhaust fans on top if the cover is not allowing any air at the top, the rising heat will be trapped on top of the case there, however if it is like the front panel (as you told) of 750D and there are dents as well, the air can travel and exhaust on top.

Do you have any insight regarding this on 760T? I like the look of it both, but the larger transparent side panel attracts me more if the top of the 760T has no issues with exhausting air. 

I used a Cooler Master HAF X case previously would I see similar degrees, since HAF X had a large side fan to blow air on GPUs? I never actually believed it worked correctly since the GPU temps were 35-37 on idle and 78-81 (changing) on games/load.

I like both 750D and 760T by the looks, however since I am NOT going to go for liquid cooling in near future, I will only have my CPU liquid cooled.

If you ever saw a 760T live if you can tell me how the airflow thing would be for it's top cover thing I would appreciate it really much!

Also thank you for your comment/help regarding the sealed liquid cpu cooler fan directions!

Thank you!

if it helps, I have my cooler installed in the middle of  the three fan placements in the top of the case. and use one of then included 140mm fans next to it to exhaust alongside it.The 750D just has a magnetic mesh for the top that allows the air to move easily.

I looked at the 760T very closely, it was a hard decision on which to go to. I chose the 750D because of the room as I will go full custom loop in the near future. the 760T is a stunning case for sure. Either case is a big win, which ever way you go.

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

I have a 760T with a H60 in the back in push-pull and 2 exhaust fans on the top of the case. I can tell you that there's minimal difference in temperature with the top panel removed, I only remove it while gaming. Even with the top panel on it the temperatures are very good, my pc never gets warm, and I live in a very warm place.

Just like FluffiestPond suggested, I removed a HDD drive cage and put a fan there for better airflow.

For both of them if I purchase, I think I can hang 1 HDD bay from the 5.25 bay so I will do that an add a bottom fan.

For 760T

I have a 760T with a H60 in the back in push-pull and 2 exhaust fans on the top of the case. I can tell you that there's minimal difference in temperature with the top panel removed, I only remove it while gaming. Even with the top panel on it the temperatures are very good, my pc never gets warm, and I live in a very warm place.

Just like FluffiestPond suggested, I removed a HDD drive cage and put a fan there for better airflow.

Can you tell me about the stealth 5.25 bay? Is it compatible with most recent, lets say asus DVDRW or BRWs? Or do I have to go and remove the DVDRW's front hud etc? (If you are using an optical drive that is.)

Also are you happy with it? the looks etc :) do you think it's worth the money?

All of you guys here have been lots of help! Thank you for your quick and wonderfully on the topic responses by the way!

For both of them if I purchase, I think I can hang 1 HDD bay from the 5.25 bay so I will do that an add a bottom fan.

For 760T

Can you tell me about the stealth 5.25 bay? Is it compatible with most recent, lets say asus DVDRW or BRWs? Or do I have to go and remove the DVDRW's front hud etc? (If you are using an optical drive that is.)

Also are you happy with it? the looks etc :) do you think it's worth the money?

All of you guys here have been lots of help! Thank you for your quick and wonderfully on the topic responses by the way!

Yes, it is compatible with modern optical drive bays, I use a Sony DVDRW with the stealth cover.

I'm very happy with it, I love the looks, the airflow, the enormous amount of space it has to build in it. I think you can't go wrong with this case, although the 750D is beautiful too.

i think the 760t would be nice looking ad well ventilated seeing it has mesh

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

Yes, it is compatible with modern optical drive bays, I use a Sony DVDRW with the stealth cover.

I'm very happy with it, I love the looks, the airflow, the enormous amount of space it has to build in it. I think you can't go wrong with this case, although the 750D is beautiful too.

The airflow with hatch open is good you say? So it has dents on the side like the front of 750D or is it more suitable to use the top off when I turn my PC on? :)

i think the 760t would be nice looking ad well ventilated seeing it has mesh

^ Same question for you :)

The airflow with hatch open is good you say? So it has dents on the side like the front of 750D or is it more suitable to use the top off when I turn my PC on? :)

^ Same question for you :)

I recommend removing the top when your PC is on, that way you maximize the airflow which is very very good in this case. With the top on there's no room for the air to escape from the top, only from the rear exhaust and a small vent holes in the back that really helps with the airflow. When I was considering buying this case I was worried too if the airflow with the top on will be bad, fortunately the airflow is good with or without the top panel installed, obviously without the panel installed the airflow is way better.

I recommend removing the top when your PC is on, that way you maximize the airflow which is very very good in this case. With the top on there's no room for the air to escape from the top, only from the rear exhaust and a small vent holes in the back that really helps with the airflow. When I was considering buying this case I was worried too if the airflow with the top on will be bad, fortunately the airflow is good with or without the top panel installed, obviously without the panel installed the airflow is way better.

Oh I understand so with the top piece mounted on there is no exhaust for air to escape aside from the back of the case. But I see no reason the top would stay on the case if I am gaming, or be there anytime if I sit my chassis on my desk instead of ground. Anyway I don't think I have to worry much about dust filter since I will use top fans as exhaust. 

Thank you all for your helps and inputs! all of you guys helped more than you can think :)

Hello,

This topic contains a liquid CPU cooling question as well as an opinion between two cases so here goes :) :

I would like to get a new case since I do not like my old one. I am currently using air cooling, do not plan on going to liquid cooling since it is not as available as it could be in my region (the blocks pumps reservoirs etc.). I have dual 780ti's and a Seidon 120XL for cpu cooling. I used HAF X but unfortunately my brother took it away from me smile.gif . Now I am leaning towards a Corsair 750D or 760T for the looks but I've got airflow questions for both.

Before I leap on to my questions regarding the cases, I would like to ask, while using a 280mm CPU liquid cooler like for example a Corsair H110, how should I adjust the fans? Do I need to attach it to the top of my case (I know front is an option but I want fresh air to benefit my GPU as well from the front), as fans pulling air from outside or pushing air to outside? I always liked to use top fans as exhaust for certain reasons and I would pretty much have top fans as exhaust.

With my Seidon 120XL, it is mounted on the rear with 2 fans and the radiator in the middle and I've mounted it as shown here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBLsCjcI04Y

I believe the first fan(closer to the cpu) is pushing air through the radiator to the other fan, which is blowing the air OUT of the case. Is this a proper or optimal mounting for a liquid CPU cooler fan/radiator?

As for my questions with cases;

For 750D, Is front intake really a serious issue? Doesn't it have dents in the side so fresh air can enter? I know it is limited but if you are using one, how many degrees overall on MOBO, CPU or GPU differ with the cover on and off?

Would it be okay to use a CPU cooler like I currently use (Seidon 120XL) with the method I use as explained before and add two exhaust fans to the top with this case, if the front intake is good? (and perhaps add another intake fan to the bottom of the case instead of 1 HDD Drive Cage.)

For 760T, Is the top completely obstructed from the panel? Can I keep the panel AND use top fans as exhaust? Also my question for 280mm Radiator/Liquid CPU cooler like H110 Corsair that I asked for 750D applies here as well.

If you can enlighten me with your KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCES with both cases, airflow expertise AND/OR liquid cpu cooling (not complete liquid cooling but just the cpu coolers like corsair/coolermaster ones I've talked about) I would be more than happy!

Thank you for your time and interest! 

750D for sure. 760T hard to mod and dont have as good as the 750D for radiator. 

My rig is in 750D. check it out.

Oh I understand so with the top piece mounted on there is no exhaust for air to escape aside from the back of the case. But I see no reason the top would stay on the case if I am gaming, or be there anytime if I sit my chassis on my desk instead of ground. Anyway I don't think I have to worry much about dust filter since I will use top fans as exhaust. 

Thank you all for your helps and inputs! all of you guys helped more than you can think :)

That's right, there's no reason for having the top panel installed if your gaming, I have my top fans as exhaust and I barely collect any dust. The case looks a lot slicker with the top panel on though :P

Glad to help you :)

Found this video on the net, actually from Corsair forums.

This video took my attention away from 750D but Corsair George confirmed a testing to add mesh front panel in the very same forums (http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=123028&page=1).

If a mesh rather than solid front panel is added I will lean towards a 750D unless that is added I will certainly have to go for 760T since I'm an air cooling guy with only liquid sealed Cpu cooler :)

Great insights on the 750D case... There's no doubt, I'll get it!

"Sky above me. Earth below me. Fire within me!"

Emmanuel Zamorano

"Great insights on the 750D case... There's no doubt, I'll get it!"

One word of very serious warning!!! I had two red Bitfenix LED strips (one 12" and one 4") that lit up my old Chaser A31 case like no tomorrow. Due to the size of the 750, those lights looked rather puny and dull. With the addition of two more, the case is now back to its lovely bright glowiness!!!!