Do I need more cooling?

So my parts are coming in for my systems Im building.

CPU: AMD FX-8310

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 LER2.0 ATX

Memory: G.skills Ripjaw 1600ghz 8gb (2 x 4)

Graphics Card: PNY XLR8 Liquid Cooled GTX 580

Case: Antec Lanboy Yellow

PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750W

I will be overclocking the CPU up to maybe 4.5 ghz and Im wondering if my graphics card water cooling system is enough or not.

This card has been used for 2.5 years old and I have a brand new Noctua thermal paste to go with it.

Do I need more cooling?

So you want to use the pump from your gpu to cool down the cpu?Not sure what to say you will need more rads that's for sure and the pump may not be strong enough.As for the cpu oc is not needed not for gaming because the gpu is kida old and it may bottleneck it

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

So you want to use the pump from your gpu to cool down the cpu?Not sure what to say you will need more rads that's for sure and the pump may not be strong enough.As for the cpu oc is not needed not for gaming because the gpu is kida old and it may bottleneck it

Its still a strong card(way stronger than the stock version of 580) and it comes with a cpu cooling loop with it. I just wanted to know if anyone knows if this system is strong enough to hold my overclocked cpu as well or not.

Its still a strong card(way stronger than the stock version of 580) and it comes with a cpu cooling loop with it. I just wanted to know if anyone knows if this system is strong enough to hold my overclocked cpu as well or not.

There's not reason to oc the cpu.You will have no benefit from it not in games.As for the cooling loop as i said before the pump may not be strong enough and you will need at least 1 more dual 280mm rand to handle the heat.As for the system yes the parts are fine not the gpu but still

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

I think it's not enough to cool overclocked 8310.... If you really want to oc it than try but keep an eye on temps...

There's not reason to oc the cpu.You will have no benefit from it not in games.As for the cooling loop as i said before the pump may not be strong enough and you will need at least 1 more dual 280mm rand to handle the heat.As for the system yes the parts are fine not the gpu but still

I really disagree with this, I overclocked my 8350 and other parts of my mobo etc and saw a great gain in games for doing so, as for the 240mm rad for the cpu alone I can agree to that, the FX chips whack out a lot of heat, the more rad space the better.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

So my parts are coming in for my systems Im building.

CPU: AMD FX-8310

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 LER2.0 ATX

Memory: G.skills Ripjaw 1600ghz 8gb (2 x 4)

Graphics Card: PNY XLR8 Liquid Cooled GTX 580

Case: Antec Lanboy Yellow

PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750W

I will be overclocking the CPU up to maybe 4.5 ghz and Im wondering if my graphics card water cooling system is enough or not.

This card has been used for 2.5 years old and I have a brand new Noctua thermal paste to go with it.

Do I need more cooling?

I think your biggest problem is going to be trying to overclock on that motherboard.  The LE version of that mobo only has 4+1 VRM phase design, which is barely enough for a stock FX8.

If gaming is your primary purpose of this build, I implore you to rethink this and go for a locked i5.  You are going to end up spending the same, if not more trying to overclock your FX8, only to end up behind a locked i5 in gaming performance.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I think your biggest problem is going to be trying to overclock on that motherboard. The LE version of that mobo only has 4+1 VRM phase design, which is barely enough for a stock FX8.

If gaming is your primary purpose of this build, I implore you to rethink this and go for a locked i5. You are going to end up spending the same, if not more trying to overclock your FX8, only to end up behind a locked i5 in gaming performance.

hmm the only reason I bought the mono was some people recommended it to me for how its over clock friendly and good bang for the buck. And I got fx8310 for $85 and the mono for $55 so I'm not sure what else can beat that value tbh. And I don't really plan on upgrading this PC any time soon as its a back up PC I will be using that can run current gen games smoothly. Would you still recommend i5? Oh and 8310 runs at 95w instead of 125w.

hmm the only reason I bought the mono was some people recommended it to me for how its over clock friendly and good bang for the buck. And I got fx8310 for $85 and the mono for $55 so I'm not sure what else can beat that value tbh. And I don't really plan on upgrading this PC any time soon as its a back up PC I will be using that can run current gen games smoothly. Would you still recommend i5? Oh and 8310 runs at 95w instead of 125w.

That motherboard is NOT OC friendly. AMD are power hungry and require adequate VRM power phase design. Even if its "just" 95w, it still need 8+2 VRM phase design to overclock safely.

Given your situation that you got the components for so cheap, its hard to advise anything else... an i5 is still better gaming performance, but given thr price its hard to pass up.

As long as you dont play MMOs, DayZ, ARMA, Emulators, Indies, etc.. you will be fine.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I have no problems gaming with my 6870 at 1ghz and my 8350 at 4.7ghz, fail to see the issue with needing an intel chip for gaming, they are better but not needed, that board will let you down, I kinda skipped that in my reply I refuse to buy those type of asus boards now after having one fail on my out of the blue resulting in throttling my old amd x3 and my 6870, turned out it was the anti surge protection thats built into the board. If you wanna ensure that you get the full potential of that chip source a UD5 from gigabyte, pretty decent board but i can't recommend my asus sabretooth 990fx enough to people. (had a UD5 before this and memory was a pain for me)

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd