Will the PH-TC14PE fit on a m-atx motherboard?

Talrerian

First time on LTT forum so bear with me.

I currently own a Antec 620 cooler which by all accounts has given up the fight as no mounting or orientation config stops the god awful rattling. I planned on ordering a NZXT X61 but being in Australia it costs $160 plus an extra $25 dollars postage so I was holding off. Long story short I found a PH-TC14PE on sale for $70 and ordered it immediately. However after further research I found on a Maximus Gene-Z there may be compatibility issues with the first PCI-E slot and that may be further agitated by owning a ASUS GTX 970 strix with a backplate. (Somehow ended up with both ASUS products, who knew). I've checked the net but I can't find any proper answers so any concrete info if the cooler and graphics card will fit would be a greatly appreciated.  :)

Cheers.

Can you measure the distance from the back plate to the center of the CPU area? If it's higher than 70mm you should be good.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

I have measured and it seems to be dead on 70mm .Is the 70mm inclusive of the total length?  the fan clips, for example? 

If on 70mm does this essentially mean the heatsink will touch the backplate? 

Cheers mate.

I have measured and it seems to be dead on 70mm .Is the 70mm inclusive of the total length?  the fan clips, for example? 

If on 70mm does this essentially mean the heatsink will touch the backplate? 

Cheers mate.

It's listed as 140mm wide with the fan, pictures on Google show the clips not extending past the fan width. I would say find a very slim non-conductive something to put between them and you should be fine.

Hopefully.

Not being sure about width is why I went with the Shadow Rock 2 I have instead of the Dark Rock 3.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

A "non-conductive something" haha. Yeah the purchase was a spur of the moment and I didn't consider the width of the cooler. If unsuccessful I'll probably get a Havik 140 or splurge and get a X61/H100i and get it over and done with.

I suppose the only option is to wait and see when it arrives and i'll have to report back the results.

Cheers for the help mate.

A "non-conductive something" haha. Yeah the purchase was a spur of the moment and I didn't consider the width of the cooler. If unsuccessful I'll probably get a Havik 140 or splurge and get a X61/H100i and get it over and done with.

I suppose the only option is to wait and see when it arrives and i'll have to report back the results.

Cheers for the help mate.

Havik is just as wide, you'll want a 120mm cooler.

Also you need to quote or mention ( @Talrerian for example ) to have them be notified.