First Custom Loop [PICS]

Just completed my first custom loop, I used a XSPC kit just so I could start getting used to doing it and it made life a lot easier for a beginner. Feel free to criticize, or throw in suggestions as to what I should of done differently. I have some sleeving tools coming in the mail tomorrow so I will start doing that as well and post pictures. 

Do you guys think there is too much light with the LED strip (bit of a overkill)? Fans put off quite a bit of light along with the CPU Block.

PICS:

6qel9h.jpg

2lk8v83.jpg

29ghk50.jpg

2u94oit.jpg

Thanks!

---------- Alex ----------

Computer Science & Mathematics

// CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHzGPU: GTX 770Motherboard: MSI MPOWEROS: Manjaro Linux & Win 7  | Case: Vegeance C70 | XSPC Raystorm 750 //

Just completed my first custom loop, I used a XSPC kit just so I could start getting used to doing it and it made life a lot easier for a beginner. Feel free to criticize, or throw in suggestions as to what I should of done differently. I have some sleeving tools coming in the mail tomorrow so I will start doing that as well and post pictures. 

Do you guys think there is too much light with the LED strip (bit of a overkill)? Fans put off quite a bit of light along with the CPU Block.

PICS:

6qel9h.jpg

2lk8v83.jpg

29ghk50.jpg

2u94oit.jpg

Thanks!

looks great nice job  :D

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Good job :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Looks cool, way too much lighting though imo

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

Looks cool, way too much lighting though imo

Yeah, I'm gonna pull the strip out and see how it looks.

// CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHzGPU: GTX 770Motherboard: MSI MPOWEROS: Manjaro Linux & Win 7  | Case: Vegeance C70 | XSPC Raystorm 750 //

@alexknipfer you should put up some pics when you do so we can see it. Btw looks good except too much light for me

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

PICS:

6qel9h.jpg

2lk8v83.jpg

29ghk50.jpg

2u94oit.jpg

Thanks!

The up close pics your light seems "overkill" but it's probably just because it's a picture idk. The pictures where it is a few feet away from the case it looks a lot better imo, I like it a lot. What case do you have btw? Also looks like you did a good job, since you did a custom loop you might want to look into water cooling your GPU :)

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Looks great! Well done on your first loop, and I agree the light is a bit overkill but it seems like you already understand that without us saying so lol. Congrats! 

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

The up close pics your light seems "overkill" but it's probably just because it's a picture idk. The pictures where it is a few feet away from the case it looks a lot better imo, I like it a lot. What case do you have btw? Also looks like you did a good job, since you did a custom loop you might want to look into water cooling your GPU :)

It is a vengeance C70, only thing modded on it is the window.

Thanks everybody else for the compliments, for those who suggested cooling the GPU, I plan on it eventually  :)

So, I removed the LED's, the low quality picture definitely makes it look a lot worst with those two "bright" fans you see, hopefully I can get some better pictures up of my build after I finish all my sleeving, etc.

2zsz2o4.jpg

If you plan on adding the GPU, I'd want more than just a 240mm for cooling. Any room for more rad space?

No, there is not, I'm not worried about that for a while, I would probably upgrade my pump too before adding anything to the loop.

@alexknipfer

Actually there is plenty of space in that case for 2 360 rads, you just need to mod it in order to do so, like move the hard drive cage back or remove it completly by making a shroud for the psu and mount the ssd and hard drive on that (would look nice with the window as a little display)

How do I add videos?

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

@alexknipfer

Actually there is plenty of space in that case for 2 360 rads, you just need to mod it in order to do so, like move the hard drive cage back or remove it completly by making a shroud for the psu and mount the ssd and hard drive on that (would look nice with the window as a little display)

How do I add videos?

VQcEX.jpg

Apparently!

Edited by alexknipfer

VQcEX.jpg

Apparently!

This guy didn't struggle? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br4nDqrnaMo

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Not at all, he went to town! lol. I wasn't disagreeing with you I just never even thought about it yet.

Not at all, he went to town! lol. I wasn't disagreeing with you I just never even thought about it yet.

Lol, he did and inspired me to make a show case out of this 500R of mine, I'm going to spray it cobalt blue, put a window in the solid side panel and use that as my facing side panel and use the vented one to cool the back of my sabretooth board (FX chips get hot on the socket so need air) and much much more but I'll make a thread for that when I has money.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Lol, he did and inspired me to make a show case out of this 500R of mine, I'm going to spray it cobalt blue, put a window in the solid side panel and use that as my facing side panel and use the vented one to cool the back of my sabretooth board (FX chips get hot on the socket so need air) and much much more but I'll make a thread for that when I has money.

Yeah, I will definitely look back on that video, sick mods on that case. First mod I ever did on my case was swap the window out, lol (hated the grills).