Looking for a few people to help 'alpha test' my new chat program

Owen

Hey guys,

For the last couple weeks or so I've been working on creating a new IM/chat program in C#. At first the goal of the project was to create a simple chat client for everyone in my computer science class to use to communicate (adding functionality to upload projects, due dates, edit calendars, etc.) but now I'm considering working on it much more and releasing it as an open-source program for fun.

I've finished the very basics of the program, including basic client/server communication, client->webserver->database communication, administration functionality, and some other little things. The program is in no way near finished, but it's working.

Anyway, I'm looking for some people to help me test it out on a bigger scale and make sure it remains stable with 10+ people online, as I've only really tested it with multiple local clients and a few friends. If you're interested then you can register on my super unfinished development site here, then shoot me a PM and I'll set you up from there.

Note: As of now the chat client exposes your IP to everyone else connected to it, so if that bothers you but you still want to try it out, then using a VPN will fix that for you.

Thanks!

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

Hey guys,

For the last couple weeks or so I've been working on creating a new IM/chat program in C#. At first the goal of the project was to create a simple chat client for everyone in my computer science class to use to communicate (adding functionality to upload projects, due dates, edit calendars, etc.) but now I'm considering working on it much more and releasing it as an open-source program for fun.

I've finished the very basics of the program, including basic client/server communication, client->webserver->database communication, administration functionality, and some other little things. The program is in no way near finished, but it's working.

Anyway, I'm looking for some people to help me test it out on a bigger scale and make sure it remains stable with 10+ people online, as I've only really tested it with multiple local clients and a few friends. If you're interested then you can register on my super unfinished development site here, then shoot me a PM and I'll set you up from there.

Note: As of now the chat client exposes your IP to everyone else connected to it, so if that bothers you but you still want to try it out, then using a VPN will fix that for you.

Thanks!

as long as there is literally 0 security for your chat, noone will alpha test it. way to risky

as long as there is literally 0 security for your chat, noone will alpha test it. way to risky

Wouldn't say no security;

Encrypted data transfer to server

Passwords, usernames and all other account information are encrypted before stored

All online user's information is stored solely on the server; not on other chat clients

And probably a few other security features that I implemented without noting

Also, even if I didn't have any of the above implemented, what would be risky? Make a fake email and obviously make up a random password if you're still afraid, it's not like you'll be chatting your bank account info lol.

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?