1440p 144hz or 4k 60hz?

Gdourado

Hello, how are you?

I know this has been asked before, but please bear with me as I am really torn...

I keep going back and forth...

My current monitor is an Asus PB278Q.

That is a 1440p monitor with 60hz refresh rate and a PVA panel.

That means that I never experienced 4k gaming, neither have I experienced gaming at higher refresh rates than 60hz.

Based on this, what would improve my gaming experience the most?

Go with a monitor like the ROG Swift that is 1440p but 144hz?

Or go with something like the Acer 280HK that is a 60hz monitor but 4k resolution?

Whats your input on this?

And I would love to hear your experiences if you switched from 60hz to 144hz or if you switched from 1440p to 4k.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

You are right. Sorry for the mistake.

I heard about overclocking the monitor, but I would prefer not to due to the risks involved. :)

Cheers!

i have neither tried a 60hz+ panel or 4k but here are the downsides

4K is HARD to run unless u have  really good multiple GPU system then just forget about it

most reasonably priced 4K panels are TN and no matter how good people say they are the viewing angles are bad even straight on u can see the colors shift and the edges this also goes for +60hz panels which 99% are TN

u can try 85Hz just for a short time just to check it out

it wont blow up or anything :)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Im in the same boat.

I will take Acer XB280HK 4K and G-Sync.
Then when you get hardware that can play on 4k you don't need a new monitor :)
Else you can just play on 1080P. i dont know but i don't thing this will look weird. its not a od number its just 1/4 resolution of 4K.

In 1080p 1pixel will just use 4pixel in a 4k monitor.
So that way i will thing a 28" monitor will look the same when you play in 1080p no matter if the monitor is 4K or only 1080p.

Again i don't know this but that how i see it and thats way i will buy a 4K over a 144Hz 1080/1440P monitor :)

So when the day come you have hardware to play 4k you can do it :)

You sir, have a wonderful day ?  | Sorry for my bad dyslexia English  :(

Spoiler

Gaming PC - MB: MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE - CPU: AMD 3950X - RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3733 C17 DC - 32GB - GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG STRIX OC - 11GB GDDR6 - Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster ZXR - Headset: Sennheiser PC350SE - PSU: Corsair AX860i - SSD: Samsung 980PRO 1TB - SSD: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB

HTPC - MB: MSI B450M MORTAR - CPU: AMD 2400G - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 3200MHz 32GB - GPU: AMD 2400G - PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium Fanless 600W - SSD: Samsung EVO 120GB - HDD: 7x 3TB WD RED in raid 6 - Raid controller: MEGARAID LSI 9361-8I