prime95, blend vs small fft torture test

what should i test with?

what cpu you have ?

(blend is the one i use, 1h of that with no errors and the machine is ready for all)

what cpu you have ?

(blend is the one i use, 1h of that with no errors and the machine is ready for all)

i7 D0 930 4.0ghz

btw is it safe when in full load temps like 80-84C?

Gaming Laptop: Dell G5 5587

i7 D0 930 4.0ghz

well, Prime95 test your cpu at is truly max power (in all cores) so the temps are high

what is your normal temp (with out load) ?

i7 D0 930 4.0ghz

On Haswell's use AIDA 64 because Prime runs too hot, on older chips like yours you can use Prime BLEND. An hour? Prob not the best test, but I would not want to run a chip at mid 80C for a long period of time. If the chip is stable for an hour play some games. 

Maybe run a Cinebench r 15 (that will show a more real world scenario top temp, as rendering is the toughest thing your CPU will ever do), a 3D Mark Vantage, Asus Real Bench once or twice (lighter temps). All those utilities are free. Put the computer to sleep and back on in between. If it passes all those you should be fine. 

I have AIDA 64'd a chip for 6 hours and still  had it fail in certain games. Games are always the best tests to be honest, and I usually mix up AIDA 64 with some other stuff now, before running a game. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

idle temps are 41-45 and max are 69-81

Gaming Laptop: Dell G5 5587

I find it funny that Prime95 is getting blamed for an Intel voltage control option in the bios. Yet people use to hit Prime95 with FXs all the time and they got labeled of running "hot". lol

Prime95 is fine to run as long as you dont use Adaptive.

idle temps are 41-45 and max are 69-81

as far as i know, you can touch the 85º and still run perfect (don't worry for the high temp with prime, is normal)