Looking for Good started Mic. Ideas?

Spookshow
Go to solution Solved by ShadowCaptain,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely look into it. It is priced right about what I was looking into to.

My only question is it has the same polar pattern as the AT2020 and has roughly the same dynamic range as the rode podcaster.

Is there a different stat I should be looking for?

AT2020 is a condenser mic, the rode is a dynamic mic, and you have to be about 2 inches from it, it is much better at rejecting external noises and has a built in pop filter, its also end address instead of side address so it takes up less peripheral space

Finally moved out of "Headsets" and onto "Headphones". But now I have a Mic issue. I am looking into getting something like an AT 2020.

However I do often have background noise which has been an issue in the past. (PC is in the den and TV in the livingroom. No walls between us)

I always found myself stuck with noise canceling mics on headsets. I am not sure if there are any directional mics?

Anyways, I am also looking for cheap arm and such for it also.

It will mainly be used just for chatting with friends and family. Do not need pro grade for podcasting or anything special.

Looking to spend sub $200 usd. (flexible on budget) for mic and stand if possible or there abouts. Any thoughts?

look into a dynamic mic, something like the rode podcaster would be a great idea

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

look into a dynamic mic, something like the rode podcaster would be a great idea

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely look into it. It is priced right about what I was looking into to.

My only question is it has the same polar pattern as the AT2020 and has roughly the same dynamic range as the rode podcaster.

AT2020 is a condenser mic, the rode is a dynamic mic, and you have to be about 2 inches from it, it is much better at rejecting external noises and has a built in pop filter, its also end address instead of side address so it takes up less peripheral space

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

That was the exact info I was looking for. Thank you so much :-)

i have pretty much the same question. Are there cheaper alternatives to the rode podcaster (doesn't have to be usb, i have an audio interface), but it should have a stand with it. (up to 100$)

i have pretty much the same question. Are there cheaper alternatives to the rode podcaster (doesn't have to be usb, i have an audio interface), but it should have a stand with it. (up to 100$)

I would personally avoid using a desk stand as they pick up vibrations too easily, also you need to be about 2 inches away from a dynamic mic to be picket up properly

Not 100% sure of any cheaper good ones that connect via USB, you could always buy a cheap XLR or 1/4" jack dynamic mic, and buy a cheap audio interface - I use the behringer q302 usb