Intel 730

grimmjow660

Are those Intel 240gb 730 ssds worth it? I can get one for $110 right now or a Samsung 250gb 840 EVO for $110 also.

If the 730 is the same price as an 840 EVO then get intel. Those SSD's are legendarily reliable and consistent (As Linus says). Intel > 840 EVO unless you REALLY REALLY want rapid mode.

Edit: Since they are so damn reliable and consistent you could get 2 and raid 0 them.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Grab mx100,unlesd u really want the extra warranty.

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

Or I can get Crucial Mx100 256gb for $99 right now or Intel 730 480gb for $200.

The MX100 gives you a little more storage for less money, and performs on par with the 730.

The 730's main claim to fame is its data protection capabilities, which are on the professional level, and has slightly better performance consistency. If you are using this for professional work, then the 730 might be a better option. Otherwise, the MX100 should be fine for your needs.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

The MX100 gives you a little more storage for less money, and performs on par with the 730.

The 730's main claim to fame is its data protection capabilities, which are on the professional level, and has slightly better performance consistency. If you are using this for professional work, then the 730 might be a better option. Otherwise, the MX100 should be fine for your needs.

I'm gaming, learning programming and networking.

I'm gaming, learning programming and networking.

MX100 will be just fine..

The 730 is an excellent drive. I got my 240GB version for like $120 earlier this year and it's pretty fast (maybe not quite as fast as the 840 EVO or a couple others, but very competitive still). The real draw with it is the excellent reliability, awesome warranty, and good build quality (it has metal casings rather than the normal plastic). If it's the same price as an 840, get the Intel 730, definitely.

My PC: MSI X99s SLI PLUS///Intel i7 5820k///Corsair H100i///Crucial DDR4 12GB///EVGA Supernova Gold 750w G2///ASUS GTX 1080 Strix///Phanteks Enthoo Luxe///Intel 730 240GB SSD///WD Blue 1TB///Intel 6250 WiFi
Current Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598///Corsair K70 LUX///Logitech MX Master///Razer Destructor 2///Saitek X52///Acer X34 Predator

The 730 is an excellent drive. I got my 240GB version for like $120 earlier this year and it's pretty fast (maybe not quite as fast as the 840 EVO or a couple others, but very competitive still). The real draw with it is the excellent reliability, awesome warranty, and good build quality (it has metal casings rather than the normal plastic). If it's the same price as an 840, get the Intel 730, definitely.

I'm still debating it. I wonder if I should wait for the 850 pro's to go on sale because of i hear they're more reliable and faster than Intel.

Or I can get Crucial Mx100 256gb for $99 right now or Intel 730 480gb for $200.

Get an ADATA SP610 or SP900. Even the SP610 is better then the MX100, I don't know why people love the MX100 so much, but it's most likely because it's what's popular and what everyone else likes...

"Rawr XD"

The Crucial MX100 gets the vote from me. I've got one in my old inspiron laptop and it's pretty amazing. I haven't had any stability issues and mine even came with Acronis for copying the drive. I do have friends that use the intel 730 and they love it too. What it comes down too is whats the cheapest at any given time. As far as I'm concerned, the MX100, the 840 EVO, and the Intel 730 are all great SSD's. I'd be happy with any of them.

I don't get it....how do you just....buy a whole ready made computer?

I'm still debating it. I wonder if I should wait for the 850 pro's to go on sale because of i hear they're more reliable and faster than Intel.

where the hell did you hear that ?

where the hell did you hear that ?

Well, they have 3D VNand so... that may explain its reliability and speed. Even Intel is going 3D VNand.

3D nand itself doesn't make it any more reliable. Maybe more durable (since its manufactured with a bigger fab) but defenetly not more reliable. Reliability is not determined with flash's endurance, but with a combination of number of things. Afterall, mayority of ssd faulires comes down to dead controller or firmware issues, not flash wearing out or failing. And 3d nand is fresh stuff, so another reason it cant be more reliable than proven mlc 2d nand.