Help picking new case!

1Scotty1

Greetings all,

I am looking for a new case for my PC. Right now I own a Corsair Carbide 500R (black)... dont get me wrong, it is a good case, but I feel it is time for a new one. Recently I made some upgrades to my rig and want a nice looking case for it. I am going for a black & white theme. My specs are in my sig, btw...

So for the case, most of all it HAS to support my H110 with no problems (right now the 500R has a small problem with the radiator on top, the mesh bulges out quite a lot... Even with the fans on top it bulges a little), it should have good airflow and cable management and it should match the color theme. Other than that nothing special, I think.

One more thing - about NZXT  :D I get it, they look badass, especially the H440, but I need at least 1  5,25" bay for my blu-ray drive, otherwise it would have been an 80€ waste... (unless there is a possibility to make the drive external somehow)

So, post your suggestions :) Oh, and my budget is at around 150EUR / 120GBP / 190USD

Thaaaanks

I'd consider a C70. It comes in black/white, it's solid and versatile, and a H110 should fit no problem, if I'm not mistaken there's even a video where Linus fits one in. It's got peculiar looks without being over the top in any way, and it's windowed, even though the fan option on the window makes it basically useless unless you change it to an even piece of plexiglass.

I've used this case for a while now and even though I have the money and I'm planning a new build, I refuse to change it: it's smart, adjustable, nice looking and you can pick one for like 120€ or less. You could even fit a two-rad liquid system in there if you so desired.

I only regret it doesn't have a fan filter on the top, but if you have exhaust fans up there it shouldn't be a problem. ^_^

Yeah C70 is nice. You can easily switch the window on the other side to put the fan holes on the HDD side instead of MOBO and GPU.

Air 540 all the way. Just don't put that h110 in the top if you want to have it in push pull or you'll end up with 2 fans on the top of the case on the "outside".

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Air 540 looks nice, but I see it only has 2 slots for HDDs and i have 3 HDDs + 1 SSD :( but other that that, its nice... I just cant take my eyes off the NZXT H440, that case is one awesome piece of art :D maybe if I figure out how to make my blu-ray drive as external, then it would be the H440 all the way

You can get USB optical drives and/or blue-ray drives. One of those would let you get a H440.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

@Darkman: I know about the USB external optical drives, but this internal I have is just 2 months old and I dont want to buy another one just because of that... I heard about some 5,25" external enclosures, but dont know if that would work...