Need some assistance with updating my Rig's Cooling

shadowr1ku
Go to solution Solved by MourningSouls,

If budget isn't a concern, then Noctua industrialPPC would be good. 2000RPM NF-A14's and NF-F12's. PWM versions for both.

Tolerable noise levels at full speed, and they're very good at being turned down if you want quieter.

More budget friendly options are Cougar Vortex PWM's, Akasa Apache/Rosewill Hyperborea's, Aerocool DS-120mm & DS-140mm.

Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 wold be my top choice, but they don't work well with rads, even low FPI AiO rads. That said 140's in the front, and 7v 120/140 in the back and the Cougar Vortex's I listed above for the rad could work quite well.

Hello forum!

Here is my current rig:

CPU: i7-4770k (stock speed)

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro 100i

Mobo: MSI Z87-45

PSU: Antec HCG 850m

SSD: Samsung evo 840 120gb

HDD: 1.5TB mixed

GPU: EVGA superclocked 780

Case: Corsair 760T

Now, The case has 3 140mm Corsair Red LED fans (2 front intake, 1 rear exhaust) and the Corsair Hydro 100i has stock fans.

So my main objectives is A) Quiet as possible without sacrificing too much performance. B) Making sure I have a positive air pressure in the case

C) Planning to OC the CPU so if I need to switch out the CPU cooler or stick with it. D) Good brands for 5.25" front bay Fan controller (unless it is not needed)

I am sorry for creating more silencing threads, but this forum is extremely helpful. Thanks in advance!

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If budget isn't a concern, then Noctua industrialPPC would be good. 2000RPM NF-A14's and NF-F12's. PWM versions for both.

Tolerable noise levels at full speed, and they're very good at being turned down if you want quieter.

More budget friendly options are Cougar Vortex PWM's, Akasa Apache/Rosewill Hyperborea's, Aerocool DS-120mm & DS-140mm.

Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 wold be my top choice, but they don't work well with rads, even low FPI AiO rads. That said 140's in the front, and 7v 120/140 in the back and the Cougar Vortex's I listed above for the rad could work quite well.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

whoops sorry, I am planning to shop between Frys electronic in cali, then newegg. Budget wise nothing too expensive but I am not going cheap either.

Yeah budget wise isnt too large, and I am located in cali. I think the main sound source is my rad, both stock fans.

whoops sorry, I am planning to shop between Frys electronic in cali, then newegg. Budget wise nothing too expensive but I am not going cheap either.

Yeah budget wise isnt too large, and I am located in cali. I think the main sound source is my rad, both stock fans.

The Rosewill/Akasa's are best bang for buck, as a US resident you can find both brands. Newegg will have the Rosewill's and PerformancePCs and FrozenCPU should have the Akasa's. Buy whichever is cheapest if you go this route, Newegg is strange when it comes to shipping so it may very well be cheaper to buy the Akasa's. The Cougars should be next in price.

I'm quite fond of the Cougar fans personally, only Be Quiet could convince me to drop them. But that won't happen until they release the Silent Wings 3.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

The Rosewill/Akasa's are best bang for buck, as a US resident you can find both brands. Newegg will have the Rosewill's and PerformancePCs and FrozenCPU should have the Akasa's. Buy whichever is cheapest if you go this route, Newegg is strange when it comes to shipping so it may very well be cheaper to buy the Akasa's. The Cougars should be next in price.

I'm quite fond of the Cougar fans personally, only Be Quiet could convince me to drop them. But that won't happen until they release the Silent Wings 3.

I heard mainly Be Quiet, Noctua, Gentle Typhoon, and Cougar. I am going to look up the Akasa's then. How about the corsair h100i? Worth switching out or just change the fans

I heard mainly Be Quiet, Noctua, Gentle Typhoon, and Cougar. I am going to look up the Akasa's then. How about the corsair h100i? Worth switching out or just change the fans

Just changing the fans would be necessary, while I greatly prefer air over liquid, whether it be custom or an AiO, the H100 is a very solid cooler. Changing it to an air cooler isn't really worth the cost. Plus having two of your exhaust fans being PWM controlled makes it easier to have positive pressure.