What is the next best cpu to get after a pentium g3258

Go to solution Solved by mlbguy4life,

for strictly gaming, i5 4690(k), overclocking doesnt really help with fps for games. i mean it does but not very substantially. overclocking really shines at doing multiple things, like streaming while gaming, it helps with video encoding and rendering times, along with your ram, and having multiple tabs or apps/programs open at the same time is when overclocking helps.   The rule of thumb is you get what you pay for, and then theres the word " future" proof, which honestly doesnt exist.   Overclocking is nice to do because " we can " but what you really need to ask yourself is.....when i buy / build a pc, what will i be doing with it??????    and then again, while its nice to ask strangers for advice and opinions, nobody is going to see eye to eye, you will always get different responses, people will always like and dislike certin things. What you really need to do is do the research yourself....   this response is based off all the responses before it.

What is the next best upgrade to a cpu from a g3258. Will only be playing games so what cpu will make it easier to run more taxing game.

i5 4690k for gaming

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

i5-4690k > i5-4460 >>> i3-4130

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

i5-4690k > i5-4460 >>> i3-4130

this completely and if you have even more 4790k

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

whats the benifit in getting a 4690k and  overclock comparde to the i5 4460? shouldnt you get the same performance? Cause i  thought gpu´s will bottleneck much  earlier then the cpu would...

whats the benifit in getting a 4690k and  overclock comparde to the i5 4460? shouldnt you get the same performance? Cause i  thought gpu´s will bottleneck much  earlier then the cpu would...

It depends on the game. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

for strictly gaming, i5 4690(k), overclocking doesnt really help with fps for games. i mean it does but not very substantially. overclocking really shines at doing multiple things, like streaming while gaming, it helps with video encoding and rendering times, along with your ram, and having multiple tabs or apps/programs open at the same time is when overclocking helps.   The rule of thumb is you get what you pay for, and then theres the word " future" proof, which honestly doesnt exist.   Overclocking is nice to do because " we can " but what you really need to ask yourself is.....when i buy / build a pc, what will i be doing with it??????    and then again, while its nice to ask strangers for advice and opinions, nobody is going to see eye to eye, you will always get different responses, people will always like and dislike certin things. What you really need to do is do the research yourself....   this response is based off all the responses before it.

CPU: i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.6 ghz COOLER: Corsair H105 (SP 120mm Quiet Edition Fans) MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 RAM: Kingston Hyper Fury 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 80+ Gold Fully Modular CASE: Fractal Arc Midi R2

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung DVD Burner OS: Win 7 64bit   Please do some research of your own before asking questions. Google and Youtube are your friend.