AMD Carrizo APU

Hatsune Miku 「 」

Next Generation Graphics Core Next Graphics Compute Units

This sentence has been brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.

--snip--

I agree more then I'd care to admit at the moment.  Not just disappointed at being subjected to 2.5mins of irrelevant fluffy.  But am insulted that we aren't deemed intelligent enough to deal with some actual numbers that may help illustrate put this class of APU in perspective.  Which, to me, instantly smells like a marketing dept cooking up a steamy pile of BS to serve.

However, lets wait for the events end tomorrow before committing our knee-jerk reactions to stone. 

But will the arcitecture be any faster? I'd like to see AMD give Intel a run for their money in laptops, and that'd be a sweet iGPU for a laptop IMO.

Excavator is 20%-30% faster then steamroller I believe.

This is 8 CUs again on the high end. So 512 GCN 1.3 cores.

Disappointing AMD.

Architecture is a huge improvement on the GPU side. Can probably reduce the bottlenecks. Plus with HSA this GPU will probably be super nice.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Waiting on the new APU performance,

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Threads merged

May I inquire which other thread?

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Four cores again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Four cores again

and again

and again

Maybe when the majority of games and consumer software fully utilize the four and eight core offerings in the market Intel and AMD will see reason to release larger SKUs. That said, they want die sizes to shrink so they can get more good chips from a wafer. 6-core offerings will bring average prices up. Just be aware of what you're asking for.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I agree more then I'd care to admit at the moment.  Not just disappointed at being subjected to 2.5mins of irrelevant fluffy.  But am insulted that we aren't deemed intelligent enough to deal with some actual numbers that may help illustrate put this class of APU in perspective.  Which, to me, instantly smells like a marketing dept cooking up a steamy pile of BS to serve.

However, lets wait for the events end tomorrow before committing our knee-jerk reactions to stone. 

The product is absolutely fine. This is just not how you market it IMO.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

John Byrd takes to youtube to show off the newest apu codenamed "Carrizo" will be on sale in the first half of 2015. The rumor block is that it will have the new excavator core will be a upgrade in order to improve power consumption. Carrizo apu will be supporting mantle, DX12, and dual graphics.

Please click on the link for more information.

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/194735-amd-takes-to-youtube-declares-carrizo-on-time-and-coming-in-1h-2015

are you the new news-guy or something? :)

Please look at other examples in the Tech news section to see how to format news related posts. (it's pretty good now, but add things like pictures, videos, and quotes, and personal opinions to attract attention and make the post look better) Also check to see if the topic has already been posted (as has this one specifically)

never really said hi:

WELCOME TO THE LTT FORUMS!!!  :D I hope you enjoy your stay

Please read the C.O.C (in my signature) and if you'd like, change your theme to 'Night' (directions located in my signature)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

APU shmahpee-u tell me when the new Athlons will be here :)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

John Byrd takes to youtube to show off the newest apu codenamed "Carrizo" will be on sale in the first half of 2015. The rumor block is that it will have the new excavator core will be a upgrade in order to improve power consumption. Carrizo apu will be supporting mantle, DX12, and dual graphics.

Please click on the link for more information.

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/194735-amd-takes-to-youtube-declares-carrizo-on-time-and-coming-in-1h-2015

welcome to the forum new friend  ^_^

http://youtu.be/I6zX2IqBI7A

This is 8 CUs again on the high end. So 512 GCN 1.3 cores.

Disappointing AMD.

It's actually GCN 1.2 as there is no GCN 1.3 yet. It will be the same architecture that is used in Tonga. Which is not one bit disappointing when you look at how the R9 285 can match the R9 280x (and sometimes beat it) while rocking a 128-bit lower memory interface. Kaveri has a lot more performance under it's hood that we haven't seen yet. The problem is you need to stack in some extremely high frequency memory in order to unleash the full power of all 512 SPU's. With GCN 1.2 we have lossless delta compression to help aid the slow system memory bandwidth. So even tho it rocks the same 8 CU's regardless of the faster tessellation performance we should see marginal performance gains in gaming with Carrizo.

Next Generation Graphics Core Next Graphics Compute Units

This sentence has been brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.

If it's not broke don't fix it. Carrizo will be using a new generation in the GCN architecture. Kaveri shipped with GCN 1.1 and Carrizo will ship with GCN 1.2 aka "Next Generation GCN CU's".

Four cores again

and again

and again

Why does Intel release four core chips again

and again

and again

and again

You get the picture. The point is more cores would eat up precious die space that could be better used for stronger processors (SPU's).