Water cooling dilemma. (maybe)

Spectic

Hey guys,

So I'm finishing out my rig and started planning out my water cooling. Well, planned, bought and now realizing something. I'm running a kraken x61, and I ordered 2 aerocool DS's to replace the stock fans with. I realized too late that they aren't PWM. From what I gather, this just basically won't report the RPM to the cam software, but its kind of nice having that automation. So I've thought it out, and laid out these options. Any feedback or potential new info would be great.

A) run the Aerocools on 3 pin and deal without the pwm

B) run the aerocools on the rad, and stick the pwm fan as rear exhaust (since only one pwm fan controls the rest)

C) stick the aerocools as case fans and find different/stock fans.

I'm using an h440 case, so i was hoping to get the two mounted rad/fans in white led to match my scheme and give some intenal glow. If anyone knows of good white LED pwm fans that are quiet(ish) if i go that way, that'd be great.

Thanks

Pick up a cheap fan controller, you will lose automation but you can manually set the speed for your needs, that's what I do for now, I've asked family for 8 SP120 fans for xmas with PWM so will try setting them up for automation so to speak but I bet I end up just buying a fan controller again with loads more umph and wizardry!  :lol:

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Well, I'm running a sabertooth z97. I can control DC fans straight from the board. and with a y splitter for my intake fans, I'll have full control from the board. So control is not too big an issue.

Well, I'm running a sabertooth z97. I can control DC fans straight from the board. and with a y splitter for my intake fans, I'll have full control from the board. So control is not too big an issue.

Ah cool! Do it that way then win/win either way.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd