How to Shop for a Laptop advice

anthonyc813

don't know where to put this so here it is, need help on shopping for a decent lap top for a 10 year old for basic use.

Im guessing the kid with be doing home work, basic web browsing, youtube, and face book. what are the things I should look for with Holiday sales? I told her go cheap as possible but you pay for what you get. seen a few under 250 with a quad core and 4G RAM. Im sure 500GB is plenty and I told her they are all basically the same- they all run Window 8 and will be fast out of the gate cause they are new. main difference is how the keyboard is layed out. I trust ASUS for my personal PC parts so I am somewhat a fanboy with them. Acer, Toshiba, etc I d ont matter. the kid is 10.

what should I be looking for for a basic daily use lap top? Or just grab one for 199.99 that has a DVD drive and call it the day?

the lady Im trying to bang wants to get a lat top for her 10 year old for Xmas

WUttt 

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Anything? What would u buy for your kids? I have a good understanding of gaming machines but don't think the kid needs a ROG lap top for 800

Chromebook or the new HP Stream

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

want to avoid a net book type machine. something with a DVD drive on it in case of school projects or watch a movie

Personally never had to use a DVD at school, thats what usb sticks are for.. and who watches dvds :P

but fair enough, I guess just a basic pentium/i3 or AMD APU laptop will be fine, they are 10 so pretty much anything will do the job

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Personally never had to use a DVD at school, thats what usb sticks are for.. and who watches dvds :P

but fair enough, I guess just a basic pentium/i3 or AMD APU laptop will be fine, they are 10 so pretty much anything will do the job

Cool thanks. I was thinking just grab the cheapest one but wanted to make sure. Saw one duel core and one quad core for under 250 each