Cherry MX Black vs Blue

Hi :)

A few days ago I bought my first mechanical keyboard, the Steelseries 6Gv2 with Cherry MX Black.

http://steelseries.com/products/keyboards/steelseries-6gv2

I love the keyboard, but the switches are way too stiff and my fingers get tired when im gaming or typing 30 min.

I saw that blue switches aren't stiff and they are clicky so im thinking about return the 6G and buy a Razer BlackWidow or other 'board why Blue Switches.

I will be 50% gaming and 50% typing.

What should I do?

CPU: AMD Fx 6300 @4.2 Ghz | GPU: HD 7770 Ghz Edition | RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX | CPU Cooler: Stock | Motherboard: AsRock 970 Pro3 | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200 1TB | Case: AeroCool Advance GT |PSU: Mars Gaming 600w | OS: Windows 8 64-Bit | MouseMadCatz R.A.T 5  Keyboard: Steelseries 6Gv2 MX Black | 

Blue's and brown's are my preferred switches.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I have Cherry MX Blacks, and I find that now whenver I use another keyboard I tend to bottom out he switches a lot because of how hard I have to press on the keys. It's actually hard for me to type on because of the swtiches, at least if I'm typing fast.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

What shroomster said, don't get a blackwidow.

Maybe Reds? Or Bllues? 

Red's are a less stiffer version of blacks!

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

i went from that keyboard to brown switches. get a switch sample and see which one yoiu like

You could go with reds or blues, it is personal preference. Please don't get a Blackwidow if you are not completely sure that they are the genuine MX Blues.

They don't have Cherry switches on the 2014 version.. And it has cheaper switches for the same price of when they had MX Blues.. GG Razer.

Just get a switch tester. I'm 90% sure Coolermaster has one. I have two keyboards, one with Blues, and this one I'm typing on with Clears. I personally prefer clears but like that satisfying click Blues make.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

They don't have Cherry switches on the 2014 version.. And it has cheaper switches for the same price of when they had MX Blues.. GG Razer.

Just get a switch tester. I'm 90% sure Coolermaster has one. I have two keyboards, one with Blues, and this one I'm typing on with Clears. I personally prefer clears but like that satisfying click Blues make.

I know that was what I was saying.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

I know that was what I was saying.

I know, just confirming it.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

A few days ago I bought my first mechanical keyboard, the Steelseries 6Gv2 with Cherry MX Black.

I love the keyboard, but the switches are way too stiff and my fingers get tired when im gaming or typing 30 min.

I saw that blue switches aren't stiff and they are clicky so im thinking about return the 6G and buy a Razer BlackWidow or other 'board why Blue Switches.

What should I do?

if you want a keyboard its nice and not tiring to type on get one with MX Reds. they are only 45gram actuation keys. to put in scale, Greens are 80 and blues are 55 or something, not really sure on that one.

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

What should I do?

Welcome to the Master Race of mechanical keyboard owners!

I use a Corsair K70 with Blues and when I made the upgrade I noticed probably at least 10% to 20% faster typing, compared to a crappy $20 keyboard.

If you like the tactile click and the audible click, GO FOR BLUES! THEY ARE AWESOME!  For gaming, they take a bit of getting used to.  for quick double taps, the blues are not ideal.  Once you get used to it, its not so bad, but I can see why Reds are better for gaming.

otherwise, there are a lot of other options.  It can be a little intimidating because you don't know what you'll like until you try it.  

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Got one of those sample kits.

Blacks are too resistant, they seem to push against your finger, so it needs a bit more force to register a key.

Them reds are smooth, similar to a membrane keyboard or those laptop keys.  But mechanical keys is suppose to have that tactile bump as old school keyboards all have it.

MX Blue just like them old school ones, tactile bump and audible click

MX Brown, imo a modern version of the blue, with tactile bump but no audible click. You can feel the bump when the key is pressed.

I llke the brown for its tactile bump and silent typing.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Hi again, thanks for all the feedback guys!

I will probably buy a MX Blue keyboard but have have a few questions ^^

Is there a reason for not buying Razer BlackWidow?

What keyboard (MX Blue) do you recommend me?

Thanks again for all the feedback :)

CPU: AMD Fx 6300 @4.2 Ghz | GPU: HD 7770 Ghz Edition | RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX | CPU Cooler: Stock | Motherboard: AsRock 970 Pro3 | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200 1TB | Case: AeroCool Advance GT |PSU: Mars Gaming 600w | OS: Windows 8 64-Bit | MouseMadCatz R.A.T 5  Keyboard: Steelseries 6Gv2 MX Black |