EVGA GTX 550ti Review + Benchmarks

wow $40 and this could be used as a physx card, thats a steel for people wanting one for their rig.

wow $40 and this could be used as a physx card, thats a steel for people wanting one for their rig.

I have no idea who would buy a card just for PhysX. What's the use for it?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

it still does a great job :)

Should sell or donate it to a budding PC gamer to start out with

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I know this is a little late, but is this card able to use Physx?

Yes. It can use PhysX.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

it still does a great job :)

Should sell or donate it to a budding PC gamer to start out with

Yeah I ended up putting it on ebay and it sold for $65 + $15 shipping. Not bad, if I do say so myself.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

I have one of these (from palit though), it was pretty good at 1080p considering the price and efficiency. I probably would have kept using it for another year or two if I hadn't felt the urge to go 4k ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I have no idea who would buy a card just for PhysX. What's the use for it?

take the load off of a normal Nvidia card so that it can process things that are not physx related so you have higher FPS. But only works for games that use Physx so its really opinion based.

take the load off of a normal Nvidia card so that it can process things that are not physx related so you have higher FPS. But only works for games that use Physx so its really opinion based.

to be honest it only makes sense if you have a main AMD card (I know the new drivers patched it out but who's stopping us from using old ones? ;))

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

PhysX cards don't always increase FPS that much. The main GPU still has to render those objects on the screen.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch