Why don't they make PC cases with the window on the right

seym56

Why don't they make PC cases where the window is on the right rather than the left? The way my home theater is set up I would prefer having my windowed PC on the right where every one entering the room can see it rather than it being on the left facing the wall. If I put it on the right I have to buy a case that I can flip up side down and that limits the type of cases I can buy.

Because all you can see on that side is wires.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

SilverStone makes some cases with rotataded motherboard trays that have right facong windows... But they are full towers.

Is it a monkey? Is it an ape? I don't care, I LOVE'EM!

you can follow my case mod to see a case in that config. otherwise the prodigy M is like that (not sure if you get a windonw). but if the case is of standard ATX specs, youd only see the wires there, as Terry said

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Because all you can see on that side is wires.

They mean the motherboard at the left and the window at the right.

Hmm. Gigabyte makes one I think. Give me a minute and I'll find it. Also, Silverstone makes some.

EDIT: Ahh yes, it was called the Gigabyte Luxo X10 but I was wrong about there being a window on the right, it's a vent. You can still see through it though. Cheap too.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

They mean the motherboard at the left and the window at the right.

No clue, may be because the left side window, right side mobo is more popular? or they just don't care to take the time to design a case with everything pretty much flipped.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I don't mean having a window where you can see the wires, I'm talking about where you can see the mother board or your sweet water cooling setup. Basically the motherboard mounts to the left rather than the right like in normal cases.

It is because of the way motherboards are designed.  To do a window on the right you'd have to mount your motherboard upside down, and everything else would be upside down as well.

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

The Silverstone TJ08B-EW has a window on that side. You just have to look for cases with a flipped motherboard. Unfortunately I don't think there are many cases that have both a flipped motherboard and a window.

It is because of the way motherboards are designed.  To do a window on the right you'd have to mount your motherboard upside down, and everything else would be upside down as well.

That's true but it does show off the GPU coolers better.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I hadn't thought of that. Though I might like the look if the motherboard was upside down. Having the graphic cards on top might look cool.

Well, nothing has to be upside down in order to do that, it's just like flipping the motherboard around and IO goes from the supposedly back of the case to the front of the case.
I think there are some cases that actually have that, but I'm not too sure.

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

The Silverstone TJ08B-EW has a window on that side. You just have to look for cases with a flipped motherboard. Unfortunately I don't think there are many cases that have both a flipped motherboard and a window.

AS long as they make them, they can always be modded.

Well, nothing has to be upside down in order to do that, it's just like flipping the motherboard around and IO goes from the supposedly back of the case to the front of the case.

I think there are some cases that actually have that, but I'm not too sure.

That would make the motherboard and anything on it upside down.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Silverstone has plenty

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

That would make the motherboard and anything on it upside down.

Don't rotate it, flip it.

So e.g. imagine a motherboard is a painting on one side of the room, and you want to put it on the other side of the room, what do you do?

Flip it around so it doesn't face the wall. 

Hopefully it makes sense to you.

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

Don't rotate it, flip it.

So e.g. imagine a motherboard is a painting on one side of the room, and you want to put it on the other side of the room, what do you do?

Flip it around so it doesn't face the wall. 

Hopefully it makes sense to you.

The i/o would then face the front and it would look messy.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If all else fails you can still get a case you like and flip it upside down. Then mod it in such a way that the rubber feet are hidden. Still I think the Gigabyte Luxo X10 isn't a bad option

The i/o would then face the front and it would look messy.

But then the front would be on the other side, as the whole case is flipped.

And again, think of the painting example I gave to you.

If the whole thing is reversed then it would just be the same...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

That would just be a normal case with the front facing away from you..

Because I'd rather see my CPU/GPU and stuff like that than a bunch of harddrive cages. Also you can get something like the 760T from Corsair which pretty much the entire side is a window.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit