Calling all Far Cry 4 owners....

WolfDeville
deathjester, on 23 Nov 2014 - 03:47 AM, said:

Pretty sure everyone that reads this thread is laughing at you. They can click the other guys profile see that his entire post history is promoting/selling Ubisoft games and fake performance. The people who have this game knows he is lying.

They then see you supporting him and posting memes. Jokes on you buddy. There are many threads on this forum saying the port runs like a stuttering mess on any hardware. You say the game runs like a stuttering mess on your hardware. You then told me not to "complain".

Now if you think the average forum user here is on a CPU that can match a Sandy PC with GTX 980's (which still stutters like anything else)? You are delusional. The port is bad, you are posting memes like a child and I am done with this conversation.

I don't think you've paid much attention to mine and Duncanzo's previous posts. I don't care about what you have to say.

I don't know what his problem is, but i'll upload an actual video in a bit. I mean, I saw your post OP, tried it and it seems to work. Now 5 posts later i'm a Ubisoft fanboy...

Your post history is a joke. The video you made was misleading and you provided no followup. The setting he linked is a LOGGING setting. It has nothing to do with game performance. If anything logging would slow you down if it even works in the retail version.

There is one setting in the XML that can stop stuttering and it just gives you low textures. You may as well just set textures to low. 

DisableLoadingMip0 ="1"

The 1 means yes and all it does is lower the quality of the game you will see on screen. That is why it has DISABLE on it. You are no longer running at Ultra. Frame buffer can help some games. Does nothing for this game. You would also need like a 4 gig GPU for it to help (if it did). Setting a higher frame buffer on a 2 gig card would probably be WORSE. 

The only other possible gain there is putting AOTC to 0, which is a small performance gain and would do nothing to stop stuttering. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

deathjester, on 23 Nov 2014 - 03:52 AM, said:deathjester, on 23 Nov 2014 - 03:52 AM, said:deathjester, on 23 Nov 2014 - 03:52 AM, said:deathjester, on 23 Nov 2014 - 03:52 AM, said:deathjester, on 23 Nov 2014 - 03:52 AM, said:

Your post history is a joke. The video you made was misleading and you provided no followup. The setting he linked is a LOGGING setting. It has nothing to do with game performance. If anything logging would slow you down if it even works in the retail version.

There is one setting in the XML that can stop stuttering and it just gives you low textures. You may as well just set textures to low. 

DisableLoadingMip0 ="1"

The 1 means yes and all it does is lower the quality of the game you will see on screen. That is why it has DISABLE on it. You are no longer running at Ultra. Frame buffer can help some games. Does nothing for this game. You would also need like a 4 gig GPU for it to help (if it did). Setting a higher frame buffer on a 2 gig card would probably be WORSE. 

The only other possible gain there is putting AOTC to 0, which is a small performance gain and would do nothing to stop stuttering. 

Look, I didn't mean to "attack" you. It's been a rough night and I've just been a little on edge and I guess I snapped at you. I don't know what to tell you but yes it did run better on my friends dual 780 rig than mine at max settings, no AA(I dont use AA either)  @1440p and the only edit in XML was the one I said in OP. It's the truth and if you choose not to believe it then keep it to yourself, don't go calling me and Duncanzo a liar because that is just plain rude.

Why are you getting so angry? LOL

That Ubisoft hate bandwagon must be cramped up, can understand your frustration.

Now I am a "hater"? My god. As if memes were not dumb enough you use the hater defense. Post again when you actually know what you are talking about, or can correct me where I am wrong. I am not angry. I am laughing at both of you. There is no magical cure for this poor port.

Just like there is no magical cure for AC Unity.

The ports suck. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Now I am a "hater"? My god. As if memes were not dumb enough you use the hater defense. Post again when you actually know what you are talking about, or can correct me where I am wrong. I am not angry. I am laughing at both of you. There is no magical cure for this poor port.

Just like there is no magical cure for AC Unity.

The ports suck. 

The port sucks. Nobody ever said it didn't.

All I did was try what OP said and it improved my game performance... You're the one who's going mental about it.

The port sucks. Nobody ever said it didn't.

All I did was try what OP said and it improved my game performance... You're the one who's going mental about it.

This is the whole entry line.

GatherDialogs="0" IsQcTester="0" />

Putting 1 on gatherdialogs would log something. 1 on tester would mean it logs as that. The setting as changed by the OP actually does NOTHING. It does not mean it enables QA tester settings. It is a setting that works based on if another setting is on.

Literally does nothing, which is why many people in this thread has said it does nothing, and the OP admitted his computer still stutters/hitches with the setting.

You are seeing a placebo. This game is poorly optimized and the stuttering and hitching can be random (just like AC Unity), but is always there on a vehicle, when you actually drive the thing and look around. 

As I said before you have two options. Run the game at a locked 30 FPS, or play with lower settings that probably look as bad as a PS4. Your choice.  The only "fix" will be in the form of better texture streaming and cpu optimization. That is on Ubisoft. It has nothing to do with "different setups" on GPU. The idea that two GTX 780's would run better than two GTX 980's is absurd.

Done with this thread. If you want the setting to actually do something? Turn the other setting to 1 as well in the same line...As I said if it even works? It will probably degrade performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFmn_10wsFI&feature=youtu.be

Ok so this is the last time I try to prove myself over this retarded argument. 

Behold, a nice compressed render, then recompressed by youtube and playing at 30 fps. The reason why I took a capture with my phone was because you could see the fps and or any drops that might occur.

The auto drive part was to keep me on the road, not to deceive you into whatever you think I was doing.

Referring to post history is such a moronic thing to do imo... It does not make you a professional because you have 2500 posts nor does it make me an idiot because I have 8...

I don't know what his problem is, but i'll upload an actual video in a bit. I mean, I saw your post OP, tried it and it seems to work. Now 5 posts later i'm a Ubisoft fanboy...

I'm gonna go back to lurking because this is clearly not worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFmn_10wsFI&feature=youtu.be

Ok so this is the last time I try to prove myself over this retarded argument. 

Behold, a nice compressed render, then recompressed by youtube and playing at 30 fps. The reason why I took a capture with my phone was because you could see the fps and or any drops that might occur.

The auto drive part was to keep me on the road, not to deceive you into whatever you think I was doing.

Referring to post history is such a moronic thing to do imo... It does not make you a professional because you have 2500 posts nor does it make me an idiot because I have 8...

I'm gonna go back to lurking because this is clearly not worth it.

You posted another video with zero settings being shown in the game. The game runs fine with lower textures. You can run a locked 60 with lower textures or by disabling MIP mapping. I have said this many times.

I asked you to make a video showing the settings in game and then driving. You have yet to show any settings in game, posted two horrible quality videos both of which could be low textures, and on the first one you rigged the test with autodrive. 

Just stop while you are ahead. You may get some moron to buy this game based on the two idiotic videos you posted. When they come here and complain? You can tell them there is something wrong with their machine and lie to them, which Ubisoft is doing on their own forum, when they aren't blaming AMD for a broken game.

The port is broken on higher texture settings. That simple. You can lock the FPS at like 45 but it won't be that smooth because it isn't synced. You can lock it at 30 with a sync and it will be smooth. That is the only way to play this game smoothly at higher settings atm. Same as AC Unity.

You posted another video with zero settings being shown in the game. The game runs fine with lower textures. You can run a locked 60 with lower textures or by disabling MIP mapping. I have said this many times.

I asked you to make a video showing the settings in game and then driving. You have yet to show any settings in game, posted two horrible quality videos both of which could be low textures, and on the first one you rigged the test with autodrive. 

Just stop while you are ahead. You may get some moron to buy this game based on the two idiotic videos you posted. When they come here and complain? You can tell them there is something wrong with their machine and lie to them, which Ubisoft is doing on their own forum, when they aren't blaming AMD for a broken game.

The port is broken on higher texture settings. That simple. You can lock the FPS at like 45 but it won't be that smooth because it isn't synced. You can lock it at 30 with a sync and it will be smooth. That is the only way to play this game smoothly at higher settings atm. Same as AC Unity.

Fair enough I did forget, hold on.

Tried it, I dont really have any better performance or anything. But I will try it a few more times and play longer. 

So is it still worth it to buy? Is Far Cry 4 open world or Linear? I am looking for more open world games to play and FC4 looked nice

Linear? Its all open world.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

So the only conformation over 15 hours is you and "your mate"? Sounds "legit"

Why the fuck are you crying? Its not like you need to do some sketchy things you just need to press "1".

Whiny bitch.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqFO3ZdOU6g&feature=youtu.be

There you go.

Oh and about what you said:

******DO NOT BUY THIS GAME BECAUSE IT IS TECHNICALLY BROKEN AND A BAD PORT****** ask deathjester why...

And? The game is a stuttering hitching mess which is why you are driving like a drunk driver. Also it is much worse if you look left or right on the vehicle or have to shoot (which is part of the game). 

And? The game is a stuttering hitching mess which is why you are driving like a drunk driver. Also it is much worse if you look left or right on the vehicle or have to shoot (which is part of the game). 

Well the drunk driving is because I'm loosing traction due to full throttling like a retard on your request...

For the stuttering: Like I fucking said before youtube plays it at 30 fps, it's rendered at 30 fps and captured at 30 fps.

So whats next? Setting up a external camera on my screen and playing through it then?

Can't you just admit that it runs stable on my pc and call it?

You just cant admit that the game can run good.

So this mipmap thing sets the textures to low? And i thought the game runs good on very high...

Well I cant play the game without mipmap tweak.

NAZIS WILL RISE.

You just cant admit that the game can run good.

So this mipmap thing sets the textures to low? And i thought the game runs good on very high...

1) it doesn't.

2) yes Mip mapping off sets the textures to lower, which he could have been using in the video and you would have no idea. I could make the same video with less hitching with all ultras on and you would have no idea cus the quality is so poor on the video.I don't need to though and the second I saw his FPS dipping to 40's when he had the FPS showing, I knew he was full of crap. This game stutters badly when that happens just like AC Unity does. It can stutter badly when it dips into the high 50's let alone the freakin 40's.

I was the one who posted the darn "fix" and corrected myself days ago, because after playing for awhile I noticed textures were way lower.  It plays the game extremely well but the trade off is less detail. Someone made a comparison video after I pointed out that it was a graphics hit and that I was wrong and it was no miracle cure. Someone in that thread has a R9 270 like you and couldn't play the game on his I5 well without disabling mip mapping. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/253568-far-cry-4-stuttering-fixed-runs-like-butter-now-on-my-pc/

The fix the op posted in this thread (the one we are talking in) literally does nothing. It is a setting which requires another setting to even work and it is a logging setting. It has nothing to do with the game appearance, performance or anything. It is not even logging, since he has the previous setting OFF in the same line in the XML.

There are times you can drive for awhile without hitching, and there are times where it is just awful. I could film me driving 20 times and have one look "ok", and the other 19 might be a utter mess. Looking around while driving is when it is just horrible. 

Also? Your 8350? Is gonna run the game horribly unless you lock the game to 30 FPS. We can get almost smooth play sometimes on our overclocked Sandy/Haswell. The game simply gets bogged down to a single core.

I recommend playing at 30 FPS with this guide though. Either that or disabling mip mapping and even that might suck unless your FX chip is oc to hell and back. Otherwise the game will be unplayable for you. At 30 FPS? You can prob get ultra settings on that R9 270. Non ultra and higher fps? You are going to have to disable mip mapping.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/253755-guide-to-playing-crappy-next-gen-ports-without-a-oc-haswellkiller-gpu/

1) it doesn't.

2) yes Mip mapping off sets the textures to lower, which he could have been using in the video and you would have no idea. I could make the same video with less hitching with all ultras on and you would have no idea cus the quality is so poor on the video.I don't need to though and the second I saw his FPS dipping to 40's when he had the FPS showing, I knew he was full of crap. This game stutters badly when that happens just like AC Unity does. It can stutter badly when it dips into the high 50's let alone the freakin 40's.

I was the one who posted the darn "fix" and corrected myself days ago, because after playing for awhile I noticed textures were way lower.  It plays the game extremely well but the trade off is less detail. Someone made a comparison video after I pointed out that it was a graphics hit and that I was wrong and it was no miracle cure. Someone in that thread has a R9 270 like you and couldn't play the game on his I5 well without disabling mip mapping. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/253568-far-cry-4-stuttering-fixed-runs-like-butter-now-on-my-pc/

The fix the op posted in this thread (the one we are talking in) literally does nothing. It is a setting which requires another setting to even work and it is a logging setting. It has nothing to do with the game appearance, performance or anything. It is not even logging, since he has the previous setting OFF in the same line in the XML.

There are times you can drive for awhile without hitching, and there are times where it is just awful. I could film me driving 20 times and have one look "ok", and the other 19 might be a utter mess. Looking around while driving is when it is just horrible. 

Also? Your 8350? Is gonna run the game horribly unless you lock the game to 30 FPS. We can get almost smooth play sometimes on our overclocked Sandy/Haswell. The game simply gets bogged down to a single core.

I recommend playing at 30 FPS with this guide though. Either that or disabling mip mapping and even that might suck unless your FX chip is oc to hell and back. Otherwise the game will be unplayable for you. At 30 FPS? You can prob get ultra settings on that R9 270. Non ultra and higher fps? You are going to have to disable mip mapping.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/253755-guide-to-playing-crappy-next-gen-ports-without-a-oc-haswellkiller-gpu/

No 30 fps is shit. I dont really see the difference betwee mip on and off (ofcourse if i would even try to notice difference i would).

NAZIS WILL RISE.

1) it doesn't.

Not gonna lie here, your fix that you posted here makes it run better. Also if your expecting that games will never drop at all in frames at a certain point, you might as well play on 30 fps for every upcoming game. ;)

Other than that, I'm calling it. 

You won! GJ!

No 30 fps is shit. I dont really see the difference betwee mip on and off (ofcourse if i would even try to notice difference i would).

It matters, but with a r9 270? I would honestly just disable the mip mapping. Oh and there is a big difference between a locked 30 with frame pacing and a 30 sync, than a 60 sync at 30. Ever play a console and wonder why it seems pretty smooth compared to a PC at 30 which looks like arse? That is because it is framepaced and a proper sync. 60 locked or above is of course better, but like I said, that ain't happening in this game or AC Unity. This is a little better than Unity, but not much.

For multiplayer I would use the MIP trick, for single player 30 fps and push graphics, but that is all up to you and how much your GPU can push on graphics that could make it worth it. 

You can try both though, I don't care :), I am just telling you the two options you have. 

Also as I corrected myself in that guide I made. The framebuffer doesn't matter. On a 2 gig card leave that setting as is. Your VRAM is already maxed. Just change the mip one. On a 4 gig card with extra VRAM you can try the buffer setting and go up to 3 if u want, but I found no difference. 

Also nowhere did I say this is a BAD game. I said it was a bad port. The game is actually decent. :)

Not gonna lie here, your fix that you posted here makes it run better.

Other than that, I'm calling it. 

You won! GJ!

Glad it helped 

If I wasn't playing the game on a giant TV I would prob use the MIP one myself. :) Definitely would use it for multiplayer. 

Glad it helped 

If I wasn't playing the game on a giant TV I would prob use the MIP one myself. :) Definitely would use it for multiplayer. 

LOL with a controller and everything?

LOL with a controller and everything?

Nah. Never play a FPS with a controller. Dolphin emulator and some games though I do. I have a cordless mouse keyboard. If I was playing multiplayer I would be on my monitor. :)

Game looks pretty with MSAA on a big screen though. They really did a good job with shadows and lighting in this game. I think that is the best feature. Certain times of day this game just looks stupidly good. 

Hoping the next patch fixes the blurring on cut scenes with MSAA. Hopefully 1.4 comes out soon. Damn pirates already have the darn patch lol. 

Nah. Never play a FPS with a controller. Dolphin emulator and some games though I do. I have a cordless mouse keyboard. If I was playing multiplayer I would be on my monitor. :)

Game looks pretty with MSAA on a big screen though. They really did a good job with shadows and lighting in this game. I think that is the best feature. Certain times of day this game just looks stupidly good. 

Hoping the next patch fixes the blurring on cut scenes with MSAA. Hopefully 1.4 comes out soon. Damn pirates already have the darn patch lol. 

You don't have issues with input lag? I mean with mouse and keyboard?

Oh and I'm playing with that 1.4 patch...