Calling all Far Cry 4 owners....

WolfDeville

So, as I'm sure pretty much everyone is experiencing problems with Far Cry 4, the main issue is the stuttering and FPS drops... So I done some snooping in the xml file (C:\Users\Moe\Documents\my games\Far Cry 4\ there should be a folder with a weird name and inside there is a file called GamerProfile.xml) and I found a line on the bottom IsQcTester="0" (meaning, is the current player is a Quality Control tester) and changed it to "1" (which means I am telling the game I am a QC tester) and what do you fukn know, the game is running flawless..... So I'm thinking they crippled the final version for god knows what reason (publicity?). If you guys own the game (preferably a legit copy) can you please try it out and report back with the results.

Omfg if this is true.... XDDDDDDDD

You should check your settings too, maybe QC makes your settings on low or something

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Following this topic because i just gotten fc4... (i swear it's legit xD)

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

I do hope you're trolling.. If this is true.. I'll never give ubisoft another cent 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

So is it still worth it to buy? Is Far Cry 4 open world or Linear? I am looking for more open world games to play and FC4 looked nice

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Will try this in an hour and a half or so when I get off my ass and get to my desktop

"Rawr XD"

Interesting that there have been a couple other file edits that have claimed to make the game run smoothly.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Interesting that there have been a couple other file edits that have claimed to make the game run smoothly.

I tried them all and none worked. I swear this fixed my game I'm running everything completely max at 1080p except AA which is set to SMAA. I am just as shocked as some of you are.

I tried them all and none worked. I swear this fixed my game I'm running everything completely max at 1080p except AA which is set to SMAA. I am just as shocked as some of you are.

What is odd is I get pretty smooth gameplay on FC4 W/O doing any of the file modifications. Not perfect admitadly, but my frame dips are only into the 40's or so and pretty rare. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I don't see any performance improvements/benefits.

AleksaNS, on 21 Nov 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:AleksaNS, on 21 Nov 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:AleksaNS, on 21 Nov 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

I don't see any performance improvements/benefits.

I don't mean to be rude but you are running on an i3 2100 and an HD 6770 which is pretty low end hardware so you probably wouldn't see much of an improvement with a tweak. Not trying to be rude just saying the truth, hope you don't take it personally like most people would.

I don't mean to be rude but you are running on an i3 2100 and an HD 6770 which is pretty low end hardware so you probably wouldn't see much of an improvement with a tweak. Not trying to be rude just saying the truth, hope you don't take it personally like most people would.

I understand what you want to say but my opinion is that low end configuration is where it can be seen most. I run at low on 1080 and i have about 30-40 fps.

I understand what you want to say but my opinion is that low end configuration is where it can be seen most. I run at low on 1080 and i have about 30-40 fps.

No it's actually the high-end hardware which suffers the most. Because the game does not scale past "console hardware".

30-40fps is what the engine was built for, it's going past that point where the issues start.

I'm noticing this issue as well in 1080p.

For me, when I don't use V-sync, I ran the game fine (which was making my way to the first bell tower). Saw over 80fps on Ultra w/o MSAA. Once I turned on V-sync, that's when I saw the frame drops into the 30-40 range. It shocks me because I have a GTX 970 running in my rig with a 4770k. I will test it without V-sync on and see if I get the frame drops.

Milton_Moore27, on 21 Nov 2014 - 02:33 AM, said:

I'm noticing this issue as well in 1080p.

For me, when I don't use V-sync, I ran the game fine (which was making my way to the first bell tower). Saw over 80fps on Ultra w/o MSAA. Once I turned on V-sync, that's when I saw the frame drops into the 30-40 range. It shocks me because I have a GTX 970 running in my rig with a 4770k. I will test it without V-sync on and see if I get the frame drops.

Is this with the tweak that I mentioned in the OP?

This topic blew my mind away... I really hope this is not true. I'm starting to hear disturbing things about Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age: Inquisitiong(referring to the insane amounts of GB-writing/min) code-wise.

The thing is, I don't own either of these games and have yet to see anything publicly confirmed.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

If this is true, than wtf, it would be the same like going offline in Unity giving a boost. I thought Far Cry for was Ubi stopping diggin, but if this is true they just paused to get better digging gear.....

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I would gladly try this only if THE FUCKING GAME WORKED. Getting black-screens every time i start the game and the only fix is to unplug all my usb hardware. no fucking way I'm doing that.

My mate with dual 780 DCII's said the game was unplayable until he tried this tweak... this is starting to look bad, Ubisoft lol......

My mate with dual 780 DCII's said the game was unplayable until he tried this tweak... this is starting to look bad, Ubisoft lol......

So the only conformation over 15 hours is you and "your mate"? Sounds "legit"

So the only conformation over 15 hours is you and "your mate"? Sounds "legit"

Not trying to convince people it's legit, just sharing a tweak that worked for me and my friend so others can try it and hopefully it will work for them too so they can actually enjoy the game..........

Just tried the tweak and I got no appreciable gain in performance.

I has a i7 5820K + 16GB of RAM + EVGA GTX 980 SC

Just tried the tweak and I got no appreciable gain in performance.

I has a i7 5820K + 16GB of RAM + EVGA GTX 980 SC

Does the game feel smoother at all? I should also mention that when running MSI afterburner at the same time I appear to lose performance and the game actually crashes sometimes.

Does the game feel smoother at all? I should also mention that when running MSI afterburner at the same time I appear to lose performance and the game actually crashes sometimes.

The area of the game I'm in (I just liberated De Pleur's Fortress I think?) I run at lowest 70FPS and mostly in the 90s and sometimes 100s. The GameConfig edit didn't seem to make me stay out of the low of 70s. I can't tell with smoothness as I have a 60Hz monitor =[ 

I know, I know with the specs my PC has I'm planning to get an ROG Swift when the damn thing is ever in stock.

Also to anyone who might stumble on this thread, from the FC subreddit, if you add -skipintro to your command lines you don't need to see the Nvidia splash screen and other intro stuff.