Help, Windows 8.1 does not work well after hardware upgrade

M-ursu

So when I boot to Windows, it stays at welcome screen for few minutes, then I get to desktop and nothing opens, and everything is really slow, then it freezes, only my mouse works.

Also my 2nd screen won't work.

Then message: "Microsoft Windows have stopped responding"

So when I boot to Windows, it stays at welcome screen for few minutes, then I get to desktop and nothing opens, and everything is really slow, then it freezes, only my mouse works.

Go into safe mode and update the drivers and chipset drivers.

You say you are having problems after hardware upgrade, was it a gpu upgrade ?

Cry Havoc!

It still freezes :(

Have you removed your old chipset driver? and gpu drivers?

If that isn't working try to repair your install or do a complete re install.

Have you removed your old chipset driver? and gpu drivers?

If that isn't working try to repair your install or do a complete re install.

How can I delete chipset drivers?

What did you upgrade? 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

I only upgraded my cooler and my motherboard :)

You might what to double check your Windows licence is activated, when you change your motherboard but still running the same Windows OS some times you will need to do a re install of the OS, but with windows 8.1 you can do a refresh.  If your Licence is not activated then you will have to get your product code and phone microsoft for a new product code for your OS, it should be free to get the new codes.

Cry Havoc!

You might what to double check your Windows licence is activated, when you change your motherboard but still running the same Windows OS some times you will need to do a re install of the OS, but with windows 8.1 you can do a refresh.  If your Licence is not activated then you will have to get your product code and phone microsoft for a new product code for your OS, it should be free to get the new codes.

It is activated =D

It is activated =D

The thing is I had this problem last year with windows 8 and it turned out be some updates for Windows 8 that that needed downloaded and installed but for some reason the computer was not doing it automatically and restarting the computer as its supposed to do.

But in your case you might what to check your Bios settings are right and if they are what they meant to be then the only thing you might have to do is do a refresh, the basic one will remove drivers and programs like GPU and Sound drivers as well as programs like Microsoft Office and 3rd party software that's not part of the OS but your personal files will be ok.

Cry Havoc!