Cmstorm trooper led mod

iKatoz

I have a cmstorm trooper and I want to put some led strips in it. The case has a built-in fan controller that can turn off or on the front led, there are 2 another cables where I can attach other led, I want to attach to it 6 long 30cm each. Can I power the led whit only one cable? Can whitstand all this led?

Sorry if my english isn't perfect

Gaming PC

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K @3.50GHz Cooling: Corsair H80i Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 780 Motherboard: ROG MAXIMUS VI HERO RAM: Corsair 16GB @1600MHz PSU: Corsair AX760 SSD:Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD:Western Digital Black 1TB Headset: Logitech G930 Wheel Logitech G27

iMac Mid 2011

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i5 @2.70GHz Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512MB RAM: 8GB @1067MHz SSD: Samsung 845 EVO HDD:Western Digital Red 2TB  

I have a cmstorm trooper and I want to put some led strips in it. The case has a built-in fan controller that can turn off or on the front led, there are 2 another cables where I can attach other led, I want to attach to it 6 long 30cm each. Can I power the led whit only one cable? Can whitstand all this led?

The controller should be able to handle it no problem, I'm assuming you are using a 3 pin fan header for this but I would suggest to split it off into two since you have 2 connectors.

Also why do you need 6ft of LED strips, seems a bit excessive.

The controller should be able to handle it no problem, I'm assuming you are using a 3 pin fan header for this but I would suggest to split it off into two since you have 2 connectors.

No, it's a 2 pin connector dedicated to the LED fans. But if i want to power a circuit whit this cable? i can use only one cable?

Also why do you need 6ft of LED strips, seems a bit excessive.

Yeah, i know. it's not a definitive measure

Gaming PC

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K @3.50GHz Cooling: Corsair H80i Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 780 Motherboard: ROG MAXIMUS VI HERO RAM: Corsair 16GB @1600MHz PSU: Corsair AX760 SSD:Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD:Western Digital Black 1TB Headset: Logitech G930 Wheel Logitech G27

iMac Mid 2011

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i5 @2.70GHz Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512MB RAM: 8GB @1067MHz SSD: Samsung 845 EVO HDD:Western Digital Red 2TB  

No, it's a 2 pin connector dedicated to the LED fans. But if i want to power a circuit whit this cable? i can use only one cable?

Yeah, i know. it's not a definitive measure

I'm assuming it's just a direct connection to your PSU with an on off switch so yeah as long as it doesn't over power anything it will be fine, it should be around 2 Amps of power depending on the LED's you have, I'd probably take the LED's and set it up for a test run for a good 30 mins and check to see if the switch gets warm or hot at all that's the only thing I'd really worry about in that circuit.

Tomorrow I will buy the LED strips and I test it. If I use a old power supply to test it it's the same thing? I have an identical fan controller because I replaced it some month ago so I use it to test the LED strips

Gaming PC

Spoiler

iMac Mid 2011

Spoiler

Tomorrow I will buy the LED strips and I test it. If I use a old power supply to test it it's the same thing? I have an identical fan controller because I replaced it some month ago so I use it to test the LED strips

Yeah a old power supply to test won't affect anything.