Screw Ubisoft. Even with all the bugs, I'm still gonna play FC4. Know why?

cxs19j3yhem1uylmgmtz.gif

Far-Cry-4.gif

MOTHERFUCKING ELEPHANTS THAT'S WHY

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

I like Ubisoft though :'(

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I like Ubisoft though :'(

Have you watched the movie Holes? Highly suggest it.

Holesposter03.jpg

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Have you watched the movie Holes? Highly suggest it.

-Snipsicle-

I have nightmares of that story. The amount of times we had to watch and read the book in school was too damn high

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

So if you tab out and tab back in again, then almost all your issues are solved? Now if only I could do that in real life...

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Luke did a nice job on this one, as usual.
I'm a bit hesitant to give Ubisoft my money though. I'll wait until the bugs get worked out. Provided Ubisoft stops digging, I might actually pick this one up.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

Which driver did you guys use? Released on the 17th.

Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 14.11.2 Windows® Beta Driver Performance Improvements
Dragon Age: Inquisition performance optimizations
- Up to 5% performance increase over Catalyst™ 14.11.1 beta in single GPU scenarios with Anti-Aliasing enabled.
- Optimized AMD CrossFire™ profile
Far Cry 4 performance optimizations
- Up to 50% performance increase over Catalyst™ 14.11.1 beta in single GPU scenarios with Anti-Aliasing enabled.

Them Gtx 980's are wrecking all the other cards. Btw nick is that a rog swift in the background? Do you like it and would you recommend it.

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

interesting to know why you guys ALWAYS ran gpus OC'd and now no more???  its whatever in my book, just curious..

interesting to know why you guys ALWAYS ran gpus OC'd and now no more???  its whatever in my book, just curious..

Maybe there were people complaining that it may skew results if not every person can reach those clocks, hence the performance info shown may not be actually realistic.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Which driver did you guys use? Released on the 17th.

Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 14.11.2 Windows® Beta Driver Performance Improvements
Dragon Age: Inquisition performance optimizations
- Up to 5% performance increase over Catalyst™ 14.11.1 beta in single GPU scenarios with Anti-Aliasing enabled.
- Optimized AMD CrossFire™ profile
Far Cry 4 performance optimizations
- Up to 50% performance increase over Catalyst™ 14.11.1 beta in single GPU scenarios with Anti-Aliasing enabled.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

I find it interesting how Nvidia wrecked in 1080p but then AMD won in 4k (when you consider the price differential).

I also miss the overclocked results. I agreed with the original logic from before in that I could just go to Anandtech or Techspot for stock speed benchmarks.

My card is a 560ti this game slaughters it. 

I am getting like 25-30fps on minimum with everything off at 1920X1080. 

I did the graphics card update so i'm not sure why its so poor performance the minimum is 460. 

Does anyone else have this issue with their 560ti? 

At the moment I am playing the game at 1600X900 on medium @ 60fps which is decent but still..

Help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

BJ

Wow, interesting that an R9 290 beats the 970 without driver optimization at 4k and that the R9 290x manages to keep up with the 980. It seems that the 900 series does struggle quite a bit at higher resolutions. I personally prefer the stock benchmarks since that's the way I personally run my GPUs and because it provides a base level of performance that you can expect from your hardware. Also, you can use the standard power consumption values at stock, something that most people tend to forget when they're talking about power efficiency on overclocked hardware.

Have they fixed the crossfire issues yet? It's so upsetting to have to turn off one of my cards just to get more than 20fps in this game :(

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

@Slick @nicklmg

Was there a specific reason you didn't show the fps in the corner while showing the benchmark run in the video? Also, what card were you using for the benchmark run you previewed in the video?

Thanks

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

My video cards are getting dated but then again this is Ubisoft so maybe the fps for my cards shown in the benchmarks for 1080p are more about them being Ubi**** than my graphics cards being that bad.  Anyway sad that you had to benchmark an Ubisoft game LTT but it is what it is.  Glad much was said about the game being buggy and so on though.  Die Ubisoft die!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

So when did you guys stop doing benchmarks with overclocked GPUs? Has this been discussed before and I just missed it or did this just happen? I was personally a fan of you guys just overclocking everything. Was it just a concern over the "chip lottery" and having some cards overclock well and other cards not?

I have a MSI R9 270x and the shuttering was wonderful, but thanks God for the 14.11.2 Beta Driver. Now the game's FPS are between 30-60 and some times it can drop to 25.

Screw Ubisoft. Even with all the bugs, I'm still gonna play FC4. Know why?

-snip

MOTHERFUCKING ELEPHANTS THAT'S WHY

That looks fun!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Why was there no 1440P test? Would've liked to know those number as i am upgrading to that pretty soon.

who cares...