QNIX QX2710 or ASUS PB278Q

jonyman23

1. You should be expecting this or else you'd spend more and purchase a legit LG/Samsung 1440p monitor.

2. Only present in multi-input QNIX which is trash. Single input QNIX is perfectly fine in terms of input lag.

3. Your statement is a lie. Many people have gotten to 120Hz. @EcoBoost has hers at 120Hz with no frame drop.

4. The PWM dimming is at 160Hz, which practically nobody will notice.

1. People don't know this.

2. They are many reviews on these ebay Korean monitors, and every time it is shown to be awful, people always say 'it's the wrong monitor', despite getting what was popular. They ar enot going to start buying all of these monitor to show they all suck.

3. My statement is not a lie. Huge number of people notice frame skipping. Doesn't mena you don't see it, that it doesn't happen. Get a camera, film, and analyses frames, it will skip frames. Not to mention that:

For one, IPS panel can't do 120Hz, else you would have such monitor on the market especially that their is a genuine demand for such monitor in any size/resolution. And that you go above the specifications of dual link DVI. So you have 2 things going against you in providing you a proper 120Hz experience, slow response time, and frame skipping. Maybe they cancel them out to your eyes, and make it look it all is good, but that is to you. The reality is that you can't.

4. PWM at 160Hz is very noticeable. People that have red eyes or headaches when using a computer screen, are (ignoring medical related issues, and should seek medical professional help to confirm that all is good, or if medication causes this.) are PWM sensitive. A switch to a monitor with no PWM, usually fixes this. Usually they'll find that setting the monitor at 100% brightness 'feels better', even thought the monitor is too bright. I know all this, because I am affected. It's a serious problem and that is why monitor review sites such as TFTCentral measures this.

The problem with PWM driven monitors is that you don't see the flickering, but you do see it, or feel it should I say. Your eyes notices it, but your brain (visual cortex) does processing work to hide the fact. Our brain is awesome at doing this. That is why you never see flickering from projectors at movies (those using film based projection, which is now rare, everything is digital, but if you are old enough, you can remember when you were a kid, you saw no flickering, despite a large black bar passing through the projector light at 24fps or 24Hz if you prefer.

When we reach over 2500 Hz or something, then we can talk, but 160Hz is pathetic. 156Hz to be exact.

And that is ignoring the fact that they falsely claim that the monitor is flicker free. So, true false advertisement right there, in the worst possible form. Imagine you buying a monitor which state it is an IPS panel, where you pay a premium price for as it's a really good one, and they put a 80$ TN panel inside. This is lies, and if they were in US or Canada, they would be in deep shit in court, as both countries have very strict false advertisement laws.

2. They are many reviews on these ebay Korean monitors, and every time it is shown to be awful, people always say 'it's the wrong monitor', despite getting what was popular. They ar enot going to start buying all of these monitor to show they all suck.

3. My statement is not a lie. Huge number of people notice frame skipping. Doesn't mena you don't see it, that it doesn't happen. Get a camera, film, and analyses frames, it will skip frames. Not to mention that:

For one, IPS panel can't do 120Hz, else you would have such monitor on the market especially that their is a genuine demand for such monitor in any size/resolution. And that you go above the specifications of dual link DVI. So you have 2 things going against you in providing you a proper 120Hz experience, slow response time, and frame skipping. Maybe they cancel them out to your eyes, and make it look it all is good, but that is to you. The reality is that you can't.

4. PWM at 160Hz is very noticeable. People that have red eyes or headaches when using a computer screen, are (ignoring medical related issues, and should seek medical professional help to confirm that all is good, or if medication causes this.) are PWM sensitive. A switch to a monitor with no PWM, usually fixes this. Usually they'll find that setting the monitor at 100% brightness 'feels better', even thought the monitor is too bright. I know all this, because I am affected. It's a serious problem and that is why monitor review sites such as TFTCentral measures this.

No offence, but you're wrong. I own a QX2710 Evo 2 that I got from Amazon, so I know for a fact.

2. Mine is perfectly fine, and I have no complaints with it.

3. I have mine overclocked to 96Hz, and have no issues with frame skipping or slow response time. I get the green lines issue at 120Hz, but there are quite a few people who have gotten to 120Hz with no issues. Even a guy on this forum, shown in this thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11074-qnix-qx2710-120hz-1440p-confirmed/

3. I'm pretty sensitive to that kind of stuff, I had a previous Samsung monitor with PWM dimming at a lower frequency and it did drive me nuts, however the QNIX does not. 

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Any source of these complaints?

"Rawr XD"

Any source of these complaints?

Any source that these aren't complaints?

Any source that states that 100% of the content advertise on QNIX eBay page is accurate, including the fact that you can get 120Hz, while you can't. EcoBoost can only get 96Hz at best, apparently. That is far from 120Hz.

Any source that that indeed the monitor is flicker-free in that it doesn't use a PWM to drive the back light?

the single input qnix is pretty great.. 

You peoples may want to be careful with the overclocking though as doing this has caused the screen to get burn in on mine after being left on an overclocked setting (110Hz) for an extended time.  I was able to fix it by going back to the stock refresh rate and running a pixel fixer video.   Ive had the single dvi input version for nearly a year.  its a solid monitor.  I recommend to pick up something like cheap logitech computer speakers though, as the speakers in the monitor sound awful.  The stand isnt great either but I've lived with it just fine.    

of course a brand name 1440p monitor would probably be a good buy as well but I dont have any experience with these.  The korean monitor thing is just a cheap way to get into 1440p and I can say it's worked out pretty good for me..  

Im starting to feel like that GoodBytes has something personal against Qnix or something. 120Hz is not that rare on Qnix. I and my friend have one running at 120hz.

Logan from techsyndicate said that Qnix/X-star are overclockable to 120Hz.

I have no idea what his problem is tho.

Im starting to feel like that GoodBytes has something personal against Qnix or something. 120Hz is not that rare on Qnix. I and my friend have one running at 120hz.

I don't like any of these eBay Korean monitors due to:

-> False advertising with false claims

-> No genuine warranty with proper coverage

-> Specifications are not guaranteed

-> Uses reject products and act like they are A+ grade

-> Claims that goes above IPS and dual link DVI design.

And what gets on my nerves the most, is that you have people acting like it does all this (the false claims that is), where the reality of things is that it is not true, and ones experience doesn't guaranty that this is what you'll get. And some seams to IGNORE or LIE on purpose important details such as the poor build quality, the fact that you may not reach 120Hz, and that the monitor can and most likely will drop frames if you overclock to such high level, and the fact that the panels are rejects and may be faulty because of this, pushing people to buy the monitor that they can't return, and result in the user being unhappy with their purchase.

I was personally fooled the same way, many times by forum members, resulting me returning products at my expense as they were not up to my standards or fitting my needs properly. Especially, ignoring the fact that for 100$ more they can get a solid product, with excellent warranty service and protection, genuinely uses proper certified monitor panels, solid build quality, where the specs are correct, none glossy, metal mechanical system, and you know exactly what you'll get, and follows all standards ensuring that the monitor will always work no matter the graphics card you use, not to mention proper inputs, and solid consistent performance. And the fact that you know that the monitor you have will stay solid and work for many many years to come, and that the monitor is free form any defects out of the box.

Say what you will about me, maybe I have too high standards for some, but when I help someone, I ensure my best of ability that the monitor reaches or surpasses ones expectation, so that he or she is happy with the purchase, and can highly recommend their purchase to other and if anything, can return easily, and have a warranty to depend on. If someone comes to me and say "Hey GoodBytes, I have 300$, can you build me a computer?" You know what will be my answer? "No, save up more, a lot more, than I can help you". A computer I build must be rock solid, reliable, fit the person needs of now and tomorrow, stable, look nice and neat, and not to mention ultra quiet. I know it CAN be done, but I refuse to do so. And I mean for what? a piece of garbage that will soon break, provide improper performance soon after let alone now, where I'll get called none stop for fixing. Not worth it.

When I was much younger and innocent, I was fooled by people saying to me on forums on how a motherboard is a motherboard, a 60$ one is all you need, same for RAM, and how great it runs for them, and how amazing result they are getting out of it, or when I had no idea about monitors, and my good CRT old NEC monitor was dying, and I was seeking a monitor of the same color reproduction or better and performance, and I got suggested monitor after monitor which I ended being really hated by the retail store (probably) as I returned them one after another as they all sucked balls. Washed out, over saturated, glossy, and poor performance, despite glowing reviews on many site supporting people claims.

This is where I had enough of this shit, and decided to do my own deep research, and not trust people advice. I have done over 1 year of research, covering everything from LCD panel types, how they works, and internal specs (thanks to school for access to such documentation at the library), and of course discovered proper monitor review sites, (and other product review sites which are far better and truthful and doesn't consider price for selecting their level of criticism), and finally got my monitor which I continue to use today and enjoy, and since 2008 helping people on forums and in person in getting what they need, by avoiding crap product and only aims for quality name branding, with well reviewed product by trusted sites specialized in the hardware in question.

I try to avoid the story that happen to me on others. I must say that in the recent years, due to more good truthful review sites, and general people knowledge it got a lot better, and people recommend high-end products mostly. At worst med-high, depending on the OP budget. But monitors, is still a bit of a problem.

@GoodBytes 

Translation: You are speaking out of your ass without first hand experience. 

When everyone is telling you the samething maybe you should listen. 

Fact is for all those negatives you make there is an equally (and more) compelling positive list.

1st and most importantly is cost.

2nd the lack of MARKETING settings and features such as sports, cinema, dynamic contrast, etc modes seen tradition monitors results in a number of benefits:

a. lower input lag then name-brand monitors

b. ability to overclock to at least 96hz 

c. almost accurate screen calibration from the factory 

As for the rejected panels, the only issue on my display is backlight bleed but that's a common issue even on monitors that cost twice as much.

To recap the qnix is hands down the best bang for the buck monitor ever created. 

Although right now it's black friday sales and with the introduction of Apple's 5k iMac the cost of moniters has been slashed so it is possible to find name brand displays in the same price range as the qnix. 

Yes yes, TFTCentral, AnandTech and Prade.de are all wrong. QNIX makes monitors that will survive 60 generation minimum, if you have a minor scratch anywhere, even on the plug, QNIX will send a professional to replace the monitor at your place, and calibrate the monitor. 120Hz is the minimum of this monitor, you can actually push 8K 240Hz with a click of a button. Amazing. This monitor has colors that beat 30 0000$ professional grade medical monitors used in high tech surgery from EIZO. Anyone that says otherwise are talking their ass off.

And you say marketing.. what marketing? For a company that sales product, they can't hire a student to translate their stuff in proper English?

They need to STEAL images from genuine monitor manufacture sites?

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I feel the same way too. I swear these long ass posts full of nonsense are just to make himself "look" professional and knowledgeable to new people in the community. But in reality, 

Translation: You are speaking out of your ass without first hand experience. 

^ This.

"Rawr XD"

Honestly I feel the same way too. I swear these long ass posts full of nonsense are just to make himself "look" professional and knowledgeable to new people in the community. But in reality, 

^ This.

I never claimed to be a professional.

I have no problem, as long as all information is provided on a product.

An it is my right to express my opinion, and advice, like you.