LinusTechTips @Folding Team - Important Info Inside

Is there any way to limit GPU usage in the latest version of F@H? I can't really fold with the GPU without any GPU limiting features.
You can limit the CPU by reducing the number of cores used, but there doesn't seemt o be a way to limit the GPU usage. I simply leave the FAHControl screen up, and when I need to, I simply pause Folding while I do something that needs CPU and/or GPU then re-enable afterwards. Also, I saw this on another post:

I had the same problem, yet the I quickly found out that when I was surfing the web in firefox the problem was that it was trying to use "Hardware Acceleration". Go into settings and advanced and deselect use hardware acceleration when possible. Do the same with flash as well if your trying to use that. On my old 8600GT this allowed me to continue using the internet and listening to music/watching videos without lag even thought the GPU was running 100%

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Omg the heat and noise. >.< And my GPUs crashed...

Is there anyway to reduce the GPU allocation/usage?

Heat and noise is a need when folding ;) Nah, but my room with two computers folding, easily goes up to 30 degress when both set to max.

MEH

I'd love to contribute, but I can't handle the heat and noise, unless there is a way to reduce the GPU usage. Sorry.

Glad to see they made an entire topic for it! :)

Is there any way to limit GPU usage in the latest version of F@H? I can't really fold with the GPU without any GPU limiting features.
Alright, thanks for the idea!

Ran it overnight, made some progress

These 5770's can sure do some work, albeit slowly, especially with the paired Athlon II x4

Got one WU done at least!

Huh, I guess I'll start folding again. Will wait for an official response though. :P

La`~

Huh, I guess I'll start folding again. Will wait for an official response though. :P
Well, Slick created the sub forum for us and stickied the post I asked - so I would say if not "official", we have approval. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Joined!

Folding exclusively with my 660 Ti for now with estimated ~38000 points per day. I can enable my 3570K as well, but get nervous doing that for extended period times since I only have 30 A on my 12 V rail. I'll be upgrading my power supply soon to an HCG-620M, though.

The first post was kind of funny... this hijacking is getting annoying....

so is that 3 pm down the street 1v45 folding!

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Just like to say a Welcome to all the new members who have joined up. Team is growing fast! :)

Don't worry Crispy i'll be catching up to you soon hopefully.
You guys and your beastly machines! Keep it up :)

Joined and already got my first few points. Will fold more frequently when I build a new rig. But its nice to know my enthusiasm for PCs isn't completely useless :P

I'm currently running a 3770k with only iGPU, is it better to fold with only CPU or both CPU and iGPU?

Don't worry Crispy i'll be catching up to you soon hopefully.
Awww yeahhh ;)

Just joined, but only running it on my cpu. GPU currently runs too hot maxed out and really warms up the room.