Pirated Far Cry 4 on PC? Too bad Ubisoft left a surprise for you!

Inimigor

lol pretty sure they'd just laugh and say you're trying to play it on high with the crappiest of a generation and a half old graphics cards.. Does it excuse it for running that badly no not at all but to be fair you shouldn't expect to run most brand new games above medium.

that last words could be true if my GTX 660 + i7 3770 could not play CRYSIS 3 on HIGHEST SETTINGS

MAXED OUT CRYSIS 3 + TXAA4x i had min 25 FPS medium 32 FPS max 44 FPS!

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Lel! Ubisoft soft literally stole the booty from pirates , this prooves ubisoft can dig faster & deeper than any pirate(s) & get away with the loot..

Details separate people.

that last words could be true if my GTX 660 + i7 3770 could not play CRYSIS 3 on HIGHEST SETTINGS

MAXED OUT CRYSIS 3 + TXAA4x i had min 25 FPS medium 32 FPS max 44 FPS!

Crysis 3 isn't a brand new game. I wasn't saying you wont be able to play some games above that I was just meaning now 900series is rolling out you have the bottom tier card from 2 generations ago it's not fair to expect it'll run all new release games on high settings. Hell I don't expect 760 and even my overclocked 770 4gb to be playing on high very often anymore I expect they should be able to run medium in most cases at a playable level depending on resolution though.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Crysis 3 isn't a brand new game. I wasn't saying you wont be able to play some games above that I was just meaning now 900series is rolling out you have the bottom tier card from 2 generations ago it's not fair to expect it'll run all modern games on high settings.

it's 1 generation back. 6xx, 7xx both are Kepler!

the most funny thing is that CRYSIS 3 is not brand new game it was released almost 2 years ago, but it still fucks in the ass brand new games in graphics, for example shitty assassin's creed unity LOL

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Dear Ubisoft,

As a PC gamer I know it is my duty to pirate your games on day one. However, I just don't have the time to do so since I already have so many unfinished legitimately purchased games from stores that are not stupid, i.e. not uPlay,

Sincerely, go fuck yourself.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

it's 1 generation back. 6xx, 7xx both are Kepler!

the most funny thing is that CRYSIS 3 is not brand new game it was released almost 2 years ago, but it still fucks in the ass brand new games in graphics, for example shitty assassin's creed unity LOL

It maybe Kepler that doesn't make a 660 1 generation behind it's still 2 gens behind, now if you had a 680 you could maybe argue it's really 1 generation behind and call it 770 but sadly that wont fly with a 660.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

and this is one of the few reasons i allow 0 day patches, to fix holes wich they left for pirates.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

To be fair, who even has the guts to buy a Ubisoft game on PC nowadays? Those who do have are really charitable! 

This is just stupid, the patch that added FOV was out on the bay quite early, so people that pirate and then doesn't stick around to check for patches are just stupid pirates.

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Hahahahahaaha, If they think they'll stop piracy, they'd need to do more than that to ensure we don't get to play the game.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Dear Ubisoft,

As a PC gamer I know it is my duty to pirate your games on day one. However, I just don't have the time to do so since I already have so many unfinished legitimately purchased games from stores that are not stupid, i.e. not uPlay,

Sincerely, go fuck yourself.

A GLASS OF THE FINEST WHISKEY FOR THIS MAN!

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

im so sick of ubisoft i was done after they got breached around summer 2013 and refused to let me play any of my games for 2 months then threw out my support ticket after 5 days when they were the ones who didnt respond after 2 trys. Ubisoft you are a bad company and blame others for your mistakes and thats pitiful. Really they are gonna tell me that the reason i cant play my games is because i pirated them wtf you had proof i bought them. For anyone that cares i eventually got it to work 

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

I'd rather play Depression Quest instead of give Ubi undeserved attention. If I'm gonna waste bandwidth on something, it's going to be something *good*.

I'd rather play Depression Quest instead of give Ubi undeserved attention. If I'm gonna waste bandwidth on something, it's going to be something *good*.

I don't think that sentence has ever been uttered before in human history....let me just check outside to make sure it isn't raining blood....

I do see why people pirated it to see if it was a lost cause like AC:U. I didn't have faith it in it on PC since AC was so bad. But don't see anything wrong with downloading a copy of the game and try it for a demo to see if its actually worth buying. I use to do that all the time and if I liked it, I would buy it. I had issues to where I had to download a pirated copy since the copy I bought was broken. For instance, I bought Need for Speed: Pro Street last year on origin because I love it on console. I bought it for $10, installed it, would not launch the game. Called EA to see what the problem was they told me it was a error that was only on Mac (I have a Windows computer) and told me to redownload it. Still had the same problem so I called again and they said they will talk to the developers of the game and call me back in 3 days. Still haven't called me back yet. Downloaded a crack for my legit copy, ran just fine. Turns out the servers are no longer up so you can't activate the game but they still sell it on the stores.

Yeah there used to be this thing called "Demo's" then they started making the demo better than the full version and people stopped playing demo's.

And what you experienced there is what's known as EA S.O.P. which is "Take the servers offline so no one can play, keep the game up in stores for a few months to get the suckers*AHEM* customers..."

I don't think that sentence has ever been uttered before in human history....let me just check outside to make sure it isn't raining blood....

le troll face. :^)

Personally, I'd rather play Goldfish than either of those two, but that wouldn't have sounded as dramatic.

I do see why people pirated it to see if it was a lost cause like AC:U. I didn't have faith it in it on PC since AC was so bad. But don't see anything wrong with downloading a copy of the game and try it for a demo to see if its actually worth buying. I use to do that all the time and if I liked it, I would buy it. I had issues to where I had to download a pirated copy since the copy I bought was broken. For instance, I bought Need for Speed: Pro Street last year on origin because I love it on console. I bought it for $10, installed it, would not launch the game. Called EA to see what the problem was they told me it was a error that was only on Mac (I have a Windows computer) and told me to redownload it. Still had the same problem so I called again and they said they will talk to the developers of the game and call me back in 3 days. Still haven't called me back yet. Downloaded a crack for my legit copy, ran just fine. Turns out the servers are no longer up so you can't activate the game but they still sell it on the stores.

Have the same problem with GTA IV and Need For Speed Most Wanted (Classic). It is truly a shame.

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |

le troll face. :^)

Personally, I'd rather play Goldfish than either of those two, but that wouldn't have sounded as dramatic.

I'd have gone with solitare myself. Not even PC solitare. Actual fucking solitare with actual fucking cards.

One day, the moron money men will become a little less moronic and accept 'piracy' and go with it, instead, accepting donations of some kind allowing people to give what they can/choose rather than a fixed price being too high for some (so choose to pay nothing) and less than others would choose to give.

I don't think that's quite a sustainable system... if there was the possibility to get games for free most people would simply get it for free! for a lower price although it might work (see humble bundle) but to take perspective on a lower price you must have a high price set, and also companies need money to invest in new tecnologies, a minimum price exists, overprice like a lot of games today is bullshit!

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

I don't think that's quite a sustainable system... if there was the possibility to get games for free most people would simply get it for free! for a lower price although it might work (see humble bundle) but to take perspective on a lower price you must have a high price set, and also companies need money to invest in new tecnologies, a minimum price exists, overprice like a lot of games today is bullshit!

Solution = Driven, passionate, motivated artists willing to devote their time to making something for other people to enjoy, instead of glassy eyed yes men looking for profit in every little nook and cranny.

Can still have a recommended price, but look at all the donation only services that exist.

Ubisoft make 100s of millions of dollars profit each year, that means that're ripping someone off, the developers, employees, contractors or customers, the same as every business.

One day we'll get rid of this out-dated notion of money and we'll be able to progress as a species again, until then, I'm going to continue trying to get there.

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)

Solution = Driven, passionate, motivated artists willing to devote their time to making something for other people to enjoy, instead of glassy eyed yes men looking for profit in every little nook and cranny.

I don't know... i'm trying to link the profits as in the way I would get on my profession, every time I give the price for fixing computers (around U$38,50) everyone says it's too expensive, even though it's literraly less than any other person on the market (around U$58) and if I would fix their computers for free and just wait for someone to recognize and give me some money i am pretty sure i'd be broke in less than two months. When i plan a network in my town everyone says I shouldn't charge for it because i didn't put the cables in place, nor mount the system for it, even though I am the one who calculated what's necessary, chose the hardware and software to be used.

In game development there's engine, time consumed, workers necessity and comfort, there's cost to everything, if almost any industry tried to survive from donations i am quite certain it would not work.

See even the LinusTechTips crew who HAS a donation present still has sponsors and deals with companies because i can assure you that donations are not enough for the company to improve itself (and also the donation removes ads from the forum. wich is nice)

Their way of drawing attention away from the fact that they needed a day one patch for fov lol.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

lol pretty sure they'd just laugh and say you're trying to play it on high with the crappiest of a generation and a half old graphics cards.. Does it excuse it for running that badly no not at all but to be fair you shouldn't expect to run most brand new games above medium.

What?

I all games on a combination of medium-high, if not high(or more), and I've got a 560.The 500 series was launched in 2010 I think.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I have to be honest, I did pirate Far Cry 4. It is truthfully the first game I have pirated in almost a decade. The reason I did this was to see if the game was worth buying since Ubisoft's recent game disasters.

I played a few hours in and got a good feel for the game, and because I feel Ubisoft actually didn't fuck up this game, I went ahead and bought it on steam.

I would like to believe that there are many others like me that strictly use piracy as an evaluation tool on whether particular games are worth buying.

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro

I'll buy the game when it's €15....