Pirated Far Cry 4 on PC? Too bad Ubisoft left a surprise for you!

Inimigor

Greetings humans! 

For those of you who "bought" the game cheaper in The Pirate Bay in launch day, you might have noticed a problem.

Original article from Tecmundo:
http://www.tecmundo.com.br/jogos/66124-pirateou-far-cry-4-pc-entao-prepare-surpresa.htm?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=imggrande

According to the creative director from ubisoft responsible for Far Cry 4, Alex Hutchinson, they left the code for the field of view in far cry with a problem that makes it impossible to adjust the FOV and makes it very annoying to play it.
The game needed a patch for the FOV to work properly, and since most pirate copies are from day 0, most of them shall have the issue! Original Ones have already been patched to run smoothly.

Alex even made fun of them on twitter!

post-7479-0-11923300-1416420048.png

A lot of gamers were complaining also for other technical dificulties, and all they got as answer was "Update your drivers". Others "accused" ubisoft of "Not caring at all" for PC Gamers and were ignored by the executive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My thoughts:

I Believe either this was an excuse to a bug, or they were very, very silly to believe this would change anything on the piracy side;

You see, when someone is not intending on buying your game, they simply WON'T buy the game, I am certain it was a question of minutes after the patch was released officially skidrow had already released the patch for the pirated version.
There are communities dedicated to pirating things! It trolled early downloaders for a few moments, it was certainly fun for them, but if their intention was that one, i believe it hurt a little the experience for everyone who bought it and had an unnecessary "bug" in the game.

I loved Far Cry 3, and so far I didn't buy Far Cry 4 - nor downloaded it. I am yet to finish a lot of games before that, i guess i'll just wait for a humble bundle or a steam promotion, since i buy lots of games that are on a low price i have lots of games to play (even more games to play than time to play) and don't feel the need to rush for games that have been just launched.

The DRM system used on Far Cry 3 made me hesitant since I Have bought GTA IV, Flatout 2, DiRT 1 and DiRT 2 and had to download them on TPB in order to play since i can't install Live properly, nor create a local account! I've basically lost the games because of it! And i still play GTA IV online with a few friends, all of us have it original but use the pirated version just because it works! I Hate windows live, and so far i only think having to launch a game on steam, just to have it open uPlay, just to have it validate it online and THEN open is a pain in the ass, it's still tollerable, unless it makes impossible to play my games one day, I won't mind it.

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |

Lol I have fov control. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

if I remember correctly from when I read it this morning, the FOV controls were part of the day one patch and the pirated versions don't have that patch.

To assume that they are pirates because their game didn't update properly is wrong. What if the patch failed and people were playing it without the patch even though they purchased the game

Ha! Ubisoft does something at-least a little bit correctly!

Lol I have fov control. 

See! That's what i am about to add to the post! It is a question of minutes after the update is released for everyone who pirated it find a fix for it! even sooner I believe!

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

For all these people that like to bitch so much about Ubisoft, so many of them are still playing their games...

I agree they're a bunch of idiots of there 90% of the time, but everyone is still giving them a shit-ton of attention, whether it's good or bad, people are still keeping them in the spotlight.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Greetings humans! 

For those of you who "bought" the game cheaper in The Pirate Bay in launch day, you might have noticed a problem.

http://www.tecmundo.com.br/jogos/66124-pirateou-far-cry-4-pc-entao-prepare-surpresa.htm?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=imggrande

According to the creative director from ubisoft responsible for Far Cry 4, Alex Hutchinson, they left the code for the field of view in far cry with a problem that makes it impossible to adjust the FOV and makes it very annoying to play it.

The game needed a patch for the FOV to work properly, and since most pirate copies are from day 0, most of them shall have the issue! Original Ones have already been patched to run smoothly.

Alex even made fun of them on twitter!

attachicon.gifCaptura de Tela (45).png

A lot of gamers were complaining also for other technical dificulties, and all they got as answer was "Update your drivers". Others "accused" ubisoft of "Not caring at all" for PC Gamers and were ignored by the executive.

Soon i'll post my thoughts on this.

Welcome to being late to the party.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Welcome to being late to the party.

I Swear i searched the forum trying to find it, is there another post about this? If so i'll invalidate this post!

And just yesterday he started making fun of them .-.

I guess i'm not that late then.

Just smells like a Ubisoft thing to me, blaming piracy on something that's their fault.

Yes and no. People will still steal their game anyways. And that sucks. If this was intentional to mess with pirates then I applaud them.

It absolutely probably wasn't though.

Just smells like a Ubisoft thing to me, blaming piracy on something that's their fault.

Pretty much.  They realized they screwed up and rather than admit it they said "AHA!  No that wasn't a mistake, it was an anti-piracy measure!  We're smart right?".

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

i bet they just f*** uped again, and thats an excuse wich fits in...

also totalbisquit is explaining in his far cry 4 review how to fix it if i can recall corectly

The patch is already available as a torrent, kind of a fail.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Ubi had better not play with fire considering a lot of people would prefer not to have fov sliders if it meant not using uplay... and besides I'm sure the patch will be available for torrenting almost instantly.

Not that I downloaded it mind you.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Ubisoft! If you're online complaining about people who pirated the game and are complaining because you're game was broken on release and fixed soon after ... You're a bad company

I don't even know why they address pirates while mentioning PC gamers. It's like they're assume we're pirates. Most of the time these surprises are found by reporters on other sites.

How about focusing you're PR on people who actually bought the game and actually have problems?

SMH Ubi, SMH. Spending resources and time on this instead of all the things they should be focusing on. Like I dunno, making a game worth a shit.

Wouldn't this screw the experience up for people who buys the game on disc and then doesn't care about patching and stuff because they only play the story etc?

I guess there aren't too many of these people but still, intentionally messing up the game and releasing a patch afterwards is kind of a good tactic against piracy, for a day or two. But the community will fix it sooner or later, that is a fact. So for those people just buying the disc and not patching, this is kind of an ass move by Ubisoft. Because, first of all, they paid for the game. Second, Ubisoft has to have known that this would have been easily patchable by the community. So I guess Ubisoft just keeps on digin... Because there isn't a good explanation to this other than it was actually a mistake and they are trying to cover it up like this, imho.

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

I do see why people pirated it to see if it was a lost cause like AC:U. I didn't have faith it in it on PC since AC was so bad. But don't see anything wrong with downloading a copy of the game and try it for a demo to see if its actually worth buying. I use to do that all the time and if I liked it, I would buy it. I had issues to where I had to download a pirated copy since the copy I bought was broken. For instance, I bought Need for Speed: Pro Street last year on origin because I love it on console. I bought it for $10, installed it, would not launch the game. Called EA to see what the problem was they told me it was a error that was only on Mac (I have a Windows computer) and told me to redownload it. Still had the same problem so I called again and they said they will talk to the developers of the game and call me back in 3 days. Still haven't called me back yet. Downloaded a crack for my legit copy, ran just fine. Turns out the servers are no longer up so you can't activate the game but they still sell it on the stores.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

So they're busy screwing the people who pirate it and not actually fixing the game?

Good job Ubisoft.

I won't even mention that the first version I got didn't even have a working map.Really Ubisoft?Is this what you spent your time with?

And no, the first version was actually able to have different FOV-s.They just didn't add the FOV slider in.(and that slider was also not present in the 1.0 version for which you paid).Then they came out with a Day 1 patch that (among others) gave an FOV slider, but which doesn't work.So, then they release another patch to fix the FOV slider, patch which is already on piratebay.

Good job screwing the people who've bought your game.What next?You're going to release a patch which disables the map then another one which brings it back?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

fuck you ubisoft, they did it because if someone complains they will say that he/she is pirate.

My assassin's creed unity has 7 fps on high settings i7 3770 + GTX 660 1180 MHZ OC, oh right it's because i pirated that game :D LOL

Go fuck yourself ubisoft!

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

fuck you ubisoft, they did it because if someone complains they will say that he/she is pirate.

My assassin's creed unity has 7 fps on high settings i7 3770 + GTX 660 1180 MHZ OC, oh right it's because i pirated that game :D LOL

nevermind

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

lol pretty sure they'd just laugh and say you're trying to play it on high with the crappiest of a generation and a half old graphics cards.. Does it excuse it for running that badly no not at all but to be fair you shouldn't expect to run most brand new games above medium.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

One day, the moron money men will become a little less moronic and accept 'piracy' and go with it, instead, accepting donations of some kind allowing people to give what they can/choose rather than a fixed price being too high for some (so choose to pay nothing) and less than others would choose to give.

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)