Game Performance Issues - BF4

benasen

I'm running a decent rig with an ASUS GTX 770, an Intel core i5 of the fourth generation and with an adequate amount of ram. I also have adequately good cooling, with a constant airflow through my case, good cable management and a closed-loop watercooling kit from Corsair. With this hardware, I'd expect to be able to run BF4 at both High and Ultra settings, which I can, but some days I experience an annoying issue where I have constant framedrops, especially when zooming in with for example a sniper rifle. 

I'm not good with troubleshooting so that's why I'm trying to check with the clever and experienced community of this forum! I tried to monitor not only temperatures of CPU and GPU, but also all other relevant monitoring information and as I did, I noticed some patterns when experiencing the lag spikes. 

Here's an album with the screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/4LWJU

GPU usage, FB usage and Power Target Status almost always drop. I can't figure out why but all help and speculation is appreciated! 

I get this also sometimes at the moment with my PC... I think its an issue with today's update. try turning down the AA to x2/x4 if its at x8. You may be hitting a VRAM limit. You can also try to switching the post effects down from high to medium. Both show almost 0 difference to my eye and improve performance massively (at 5760x1080p for me)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Well I'll try that, as I am running on High at the moment I don't have any anti aliasing... But with post effects I'll give that a shot tomorrow :)

EDIT: Made no difference. I am experiencing more lag today than I did before and I can't figure out why. This is happening even on low and I don't know what to do...

Can someone please help? I'm still experiencing issues that I have no logical explanation to.. It was bad at first, then it worked decently for a day or two, and now today it is worse than ever before. My character keeps on walking without me even touching anything, I have framedrops and stutter all the time and I am generally confused as my temps are good, as my system is decent and as this normally doesn't happen.. http://imgur.com/CVfSJWX

try upadting your drivers. just google search gforce experiance. download and install that. it will auto update your dr

ivers.

how big psu do you got

My PSU wattage should be enough as it is at 750.. I don't really think that is a problem as most people consider that as something excessive with my components in mind.

try upadting your drivers. just google search gforce experiance. download and install that. it will auto update your dr

ivers.

That's already done.. I actually think it somehow has to do with the drivers released in conjunction with the launch of the new Call of Duty game as that's about when I started experiencing the issues, but I'm not completely sure..

Try to go back to the last driver you got when you didn't have issues. 

For example the 344.65

or 344.60

while 344.75 is the newest.

344.65:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/79527/en-us

344.60:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/79099/en-us

always do a clean installation.

“For if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well.” 
― Barack Obama

Tech:

Daily Driver: MacBook Pro 15" TB (mid-2018), Intel Core i7-8850H, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz, 512 GB SSD, AMD Radeon Pro 560XWeight lifting: Dell Alienware 15 R4, Intel Core i7-8750H, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz SK Hynix, Nvidia GTX 1070 on 15" 1080p TN Gsync 120Hz, Intel Pro 7600p PCIe NVMe 256 GB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 15" 1920x1080 TN Gsync 120Hz, Windows 10 Pro, Fedora 30, K.L, P.OS. The Home Panel: Samsung C34H892, 34" Ultra Wide 3440x1440p, VA, 60Hz.

Tumblr - Riot-Company, CA

I've also been having issues with my system. I've been having random lag spikes/freezes that are bad enough to stop me from playing even. I'll try going back to the last set of working drivers as I did update and then it started acting up. I'll report back and tell you whether it works or not.

EDIT: New drivers did nothing, I think my issue is a cpu hang, as ever time it happens my usage drops to like 50%.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

I'm running a decent rig with an ASUS GTX 770, an Intel core i5 of the fourth generation and with an adequate amount of ram. I also have adequately good cooling, with a constant airflow through my case, good cable management and a closed-loop watercooling kit from Corsair. With this hardware, I'd expect to be able to run BF4 at both High and Ultra settings, which I can, but some days I experience an annoying issue where I have constant framedrops, especially when zooming in with for example a sniper rifle. 

I'm not good with troubleshooting so that's why I'm trying to check with the clever and experienced community of this forum! I tried to monitor not only temperatures of CPU and GPU, but also all other relevant monitoring information and as I did, I noticed some patterns when experiencing the lag spikes. 

Here's an album with the screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/4LWJU

GPU usage, FB usage and Power Target Status almost always drop. I can't figure out why but all help and speculation is appreciated! 

Wait are you having issues like dropping from 60+ to 20? Because I am having the same sort off, though mine is more OC related I think.

CPU:Intel I7-6700k , CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, Ram: Kingston 2666 Mhz 16GB, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0, PSU: Corsair AXi 860W, HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1x2TB, WD Green 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Samsung 1TB, SSD Samsung 840 120GB (OS DRIVE), SSD Samsung 840 250GB, Case: Enermax Fulmo GT.

That is probably all related to the new BF4 update that came right before Final Stand. If you take a look at the Battlelog Forums, you're not the only one's having FPS drops atm. So, when I think about the DICE update politics maybe in 2-4 weeks it's going to get the next update. I haven't noticed any heavy FPS drops by now but I only played two rounds. (Some snow map and Hangar 21). I think I haven't dropped under 60. But in fact I'm playing online only on Mid bc I don't care about the graphics. I wanna rather see the enemies instead of trees n grass n stuff.

“For if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well.” 
― Barack Obama

Tech:

Daily Driver: MacBook Pro 15" TB (mid-2018), Intel Core i7-8850H, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz, 512 GB SSD, AMD Radeon Pro 560XWeight lifting: Dell Alienware 15 R4, Intel Core i7-8750H, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz SK Hynix, Nvidia GTX 1070 on 15" 1080p TN Gsync 120Hz, Intel Pro 7600p PCIe NVMe 256 GB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 15" 1920x1080 TN Gsync 120Hz, Windows 10 Pro, Fedora 30, K.L, P.OS. The Home Panel: Samsung C34H892, 34" Ultra Wide 3440x1440p, VA, 60Hz.

Tumblr - Riot-Company, CA