AMD FX- 9000

smit99

http://www.amd.com/us/press-releases/Pages/amd-unleashes-2013jun11.aspx

No price though.

And its an OEM chip sorry guys, on another note you will be able to buy a maingear system with the new FX-9590 and 9530

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

oh man i would love to have a 5ghz cpu

amd fx 6300  @4.4ghz @1.4/ga-970a-ud3/HD78702gb /antec 620w psu

That's simply not true.

I've seen the review of the 8350 by Anandtech. That's where my numbers come from. Also, you can't say I'm wrong when you didn't offer anything to counter my calculation method. These chips do not exist so my numbers towards that chip are hypothetical.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I'd love to hop back over to AMD if they actually have a "good" performing chip this time. AMD was the first cpu I ever used 6 years ago and hoping back would be awesome!!

i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz // Zalman LQ-310 Liquid Cooler // Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI // Corsair Vengeance 16gb RAM // EVGA GTX 650 Ti Boost SC // OCZ Vertex 480gb SSD // Segate Barracuda 3tb HDD // Silverstone Slot-Load DVDR Drive // Silverstone SFX 450w 80+Gold Modular PSU // SIlverstone FT03-Mini // Mountain Lion 10.8.3

24" Apple CInema Display // Cyborg MMO 7 // Apple Numeric Keyboard // Apogee Duet 2 // M-Audio Fast Track C400 // M-Audio BX8 D2

That's simply not true.

Of course, but IMHO it's simply a shitty product.

It's an 8350 that you know will get to 5.0 GHz. You're paying a premium for a premium binned chip. 

Funny how Haswell was designed to sip on power and less focused on performance while AMD is like:

9587d1365403462-clarkson-power.jpg

Funny how Haswell was designed to sip on power and less focused on performance while AMD is like:

9587d1365403462-clarkson-power.jpg

That's a pun. The 5GHz may be more powerful, but it definitely won't sip power.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

It's an 8350 that you know will get to 5.0 GHz. You're paying a premium for a premium binned chip. 

There is no point in buying it. The performance/watt-ratio is terrible and for 800$ you get an i7-3930K and a mainboard.

to know the face of Dodge is to know madness

Take a look at what I’ve been watching…

There is no point in buying it. The performance/watt-ratio is terrible and for 800$ you get an i7-3930K and a mainboard.

First off the price hasn't been announced while the chip actually has, secondly people who would buy this chip are not the type of people who are probably already running a 1200 watt PSU

That's a pun. The 5GHz may be more powerful, but it definitely won't sip power.

I know what it means... I guess it would have been more accurate had I said AMD CPUs will be like: GIVE ME POWER!...

don't forget the 5GHz is the max. turbo. and the max turbo only applies to one core (or module?). so only if the running application uses one core/module, the 5GHz will be set. so its not truly a 5GHz-CPU, "only" an "up-to 5GHz-CPU"

don't forget the 5GHz is the max. turbo. and the max turbo only applies to one core (or module?). so only if the running application uses one core/module, the 5GHz will be set. so its not truly a 5GHz-CPU, "only" an "up-to 5GHz-CPU"

A module is not a core. The cores are in the modules. Not sure what you're getting at.

i am referring to the way the turbo works on amd-cpu's. there is two states of turbo.

example: my old FX6100 runs at 3,3GHz, has a max turbo (second state) of 3,9GHz but the first state is 3,6GHz. the first state applies to all cores. the second state only to one core. or one module ( so two cores), can't remember that clearly.

edit: the second state only works, if half the cores are inactive.

1200W PSU....... Check

Come on FX-9590 I'm waiting..............

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

i bet this will actually be a choice cpu for video editors!

If you think about it, the operations in video editing are actually pretty simple, but there's a huge amount of them that has to be done.

If you were a video editor, you would want whole lot of parallel processing capabilities in your cpu and also a high clock speed. unlike games where multiple operations per clock cycle seems to be more important.

The fx-9000 might actually be able to compete with sandy bridge E for video editing at least, because it's high clock speed and 8 cores would give it a huge advantage over intel.

“Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.”    -Henry Ford

Please do BOINC. no matter how small a contribution it can make a difference. 

i bet this will actually be a choice cpu for video editors!

If you think about it, the operations in video editing are actually pretty simple, but there's a huge amount of them that has to be done.

If you were a video editor, you would want whole lot of parallel processing capabilities in your cpu and also a high clock speed. unlike games where multiple operations per clock cycle seems to be more important.

The fx-9000 might actually be able to compete with sandy bridge E for video editing at least, because it's high clock speed and 8 cores would give it a huge advantage over intel.

If it can, it'll only be competing with the 3820, which is slower than both the 3770 and 4770 XD

The first onlineshop is listing the CPUs:

FX-9590, $920.31

FX-9370, $576.27

The prices will probably decrease a bit, but what a joke. Compared to Haswell, the FX-9590 IMHO is worth maybe 200$.

Yeah, I could understand those prices if it could compete with the $1000 CPUs from Intel, but it's barely going to compete with the 4770k by the looks of things...

At stock, the 8350 consumes 71% more than its TDP, which is 125 watts at full load. The current TDP that we know of for the 9000 chip is 220. You apply the 71% to the 9000's TDP, and you get 156.2 watts. 220+156.2=376.2 watts.

Proof pleease!

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

I don't mind the price personally, seeing how intel always jacks up the prices, let AMD have their fun for once, you can OC 8350s to 5Ghz with a bit of patience and a bit of skill these pre OCed CPUs are for ham-fisted "I have no idea what I'm doing" sort of folk, who'll waste their money on almost anything, I don't mind letting AMD have their money, they need it after all.

Proof pleease!

8350's numbers were taken from Anandtech's review. Look up the review and do the math yourself.

I don't mind the price personally, seeing how intel always jacks up the prices, let AMD have their fun for once, you can OC 8350s to 5Ghz with a bit of patience and a bit of skill these pre OCed CPUs are for ham-fisted "I have no idea what I'm doing" sort of folk, who'll waste their money on almost anything, I don't mind letting AMD have their money, they need it after all.

That's the most ignorant thing I've ever heard. 

$900 (although the prices will most likely drop) for an OCed 8350? No thanks, wouldn't even pay $400. If intel tried to sell the 4770k @ 5GHz stock for $500+ everyone would've flipped their shit. Yea AMD needs the money but if these prices are anywhere close to real you'd have to be insane to buy one.

Linus even said in his last live-stream, it'll perform like an 8350 @ 5GHz, nothing more. 

That's the most ignorant thing I've ever heard.

$900 (although the prices will most likely drop) for an OCed 8350? No thanks, wouldn't even pay $400. If intel tried to sell the 4770k @ 5GHz stock for $500+ everyone would've flipped their shit. Yea AMD needs the money but if these prices are anywhere close to real you'd have to be insane to buy one.

Linus even said in his last live-stream, it'll perform like an 8350 @ 5GHz, nothing more.

It might sound ludicrous to you but it is true, AMD isn't "trying" to sell these CPUs for those prices, they're already sold out to OEMs, there will be no retail versions.

So even if you (& me) think that these CPUs aren't worth 900$/500$, the OEM system builders clearly disagree.

8350's numbers were taken from Anandtech's review. Look up the review and do the math yourself.

At stock, the 8350 consumes 71% more than its TDP, which is 125 watts at full load. The current TDP that we know of for the 9000 chip is 220. You apply the 71% to the 9000's TDP, and you get 156.2 watts. 220+156.2=376.2 watts.

Your calculation is wrong. Anandtech wattage is reffering to the whole system. 71% of that wattage maybe(i didn't verify) is the TDP of the cpu, but the rest 29% is the video card and anything else. Add another cpu TDP and the rest of the system won't be the same 29% of the CPU TDP simply because you changed the cpu only. Please don't confuse people!

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....