YAY! FINALLY!

Baby-spongebob-and-patrick-spongebob-squ

EDit: Saw this at the intel's developers conference, didn't think was already out..

Details separate people.

Bring on the head to head pentium gaming review.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

It is probably more relevant to PC enthusiasts at this point though...

prob. i was just making a joke

damnit linus, this is the first video of your's I have ever disliked.

This video just wasn't for me

damnit linus, this is the first video of your's I have ever disliked.

This video just wasn't for me

There have been A LOT of videos lateley that weren't for me. But eh, it's November, it can only get better. :P

who cares...

There have been A LOT of videos lateley that weren't for me. But eh, it's November, it can only get better. :P

Unfortunately at this point there are 1.1M subscribers, and not every video can be for everyone. Part of our appeal (I believe) is that we cover such a wide range of "tech" and introduce our viewers to things they've never seen before.

This story is only some what related.

When I was a small child I would always break my cot (or crib as you say in America.) so i could get out. So my parents bought a cot that was "unbreakable", instead I just climbed out and pulled it over.

Unfortunately at this point there are 1.1M subscribers, and not every video can be for everyone. Part of our appeal (I believe) is that we cover such a wide range of "tech" and introduce our viewers to things they've never seen before.

We must have videos for one person, and one person only!

/s

Eh I didn't hate the video but as a person who is doesn't have any children.. or plan to anytime soon.. it wasn't that useful for me =p

I knew that you would say that and i know that you are right. That's why i didn't really talk about that in the last couple of LMG-video-threads. Not everyone is interested in a 48 TB NAS or 128 GB of RAM; i have talked to some other community members -  so it's not just me - about some other recent videos aswell and how you're partly drifting into an enterprise direction, that's not so appealing to gamers. There's more that I'd wanna say about the "new" format but i really don't want to start a debate here. :P

Anyways, i still like you guys, i still like your vids, it's just as you say, not every video is for everyone. :)

However I'm looking forward to LMG expansion after you moved into your new business center. ;)

who cares...

Here is a good example why fitness bands are a ripoff
Sells for $100 but cost $17.36 to make (including all of the box contents and random stuff that it comes with). http://electronics360.globalspec.com/article/3128/teardown-fitbit-flex

this product is no different. Bluetooth mobules are increaddibly cheap, and the various sensors are even cheaper, and given the price tag, they could have done much better, as there are far better position sensors. This is all part of a fad (simularly to bluetooth speakers) where they try to get as high of a profit margin as possible before the cash cow dies (often 5-15 times the production cost), where if you look at standard wired speakers, the markup is often 10-30% above the production cost.

The main areas where you have the biggest price markups are in smartphone accessories (cases, bluetooth items), baby products, and photography equipment.

I wonder, for the $200, what if you got the baby a smartphone like the moto g, then get him or her to use just use twitter or facebook. There are people who post status updates for everything, and compared to the $200 device, you may get more value and useful info by getting the baby to just type up status updates.

e.g., would you rather have vague data from low end accelerometers, or have the baby simply type up a status update like "OMG, I con't believe that I just went 20 minutes without randomly crying, I should get to that now".

and now Linus can embarrass his kid forever by bringing up this video whenever he needs to.  LinusParentingTips

Linus, you should rip that thing open and use it as a Fridge Magnet. Looked to be sooooo strong and cute.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

about some other recent videos aswell and how you're partly drifting into an enterprise direction, that's not so appealing to gamers.

There's your problem though. This isn't LinusGamingTips. Or LinusWindowsTips. Or LinusTechOnlyGamersGiveAShitAboutTips. It's LinusTechTips. So they're kinda free to talk about everything from smartphones to smart bombs. It's tech.

Linus doing a video about a NAS array doesn't really seem like "enterprise". Seems like something a lot of people would have interest in setting up. Though for me to a smaller extent, I don't have the storage and workflow needs that LMG does.

To @LinusTech, my Jawbone Up is the single greatest alarm (that actually works) so...HAH! It's useful for me. Then again I paid 120 for a robust alarm. Certainly not what everyone might want or need

There's your problem though. This isn't LinusGamingTips. Or LinusWindowsTips. Or LinusTechOnlyGamersGiveAShitAboutTips. It's LinusTechTips. So they're kinda free to talk about everything from smartphones to smart bombs. It's tech.

Linus doing a video about a NAS array doesn't really seem like "enterprise". Seems like something a lot of people would have interest in setting up. Though for me to a smaller extent, I don't have the storage and workflow needs that LMG does.

To @LinusTech, my Jawbone Up is the single greatest alarm (that actually works) so...HAH! It's useful for me. Then again I paid 120 for a robust alarm. Certainly not what everyone might want or need

I thought that my comment would imply that already. *sigh*

We still don't want to forget however that Linus' viewership is probably more than 70% gamers. And yes of course a gamers can be interested in baby monitors and whatnot, i get it, i honestly thought that was clear. But i just miss more gamer related videos lateley. At least ones for the average person with a low budget. (yes this is a whole other debate, don't get started).

who cares...