Question for those of you who have had a build sponsored...

weaverwacker

Hi all!

I'm curious to hear about some of your experiences with getting sponsored for computer builds. I've contacted many tech companies prior to my last build and had absolutely no luck getting sponsored, or even getting a reply from them. I'm a little discouraged that I couldn't find a sponsor for my build. That being said, I have a few questions for those of you who have been sponsored:

-How did you approach the potential sponsor to request sponsorship?

-From your experience, what are some of the requirements for sponsorships?

-Do you have any tips for anyone seeking sponsorship? If so, what are they?

Thanks in advance!  :D

I'm sure this video will help a bit. 

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

You seriously think companies give out free parts to people who want to build a PC? lol

Thats not how sponsorships work.

First you prove what you can do by making your own build (paid by yourself obviously) then you make sure you are a member of as many online communities as possible (so that the companies sponsoring you can get advertised to a large audience) then you give them a resume and hope they see potential in you and your engineering skills.

You wont get sponsored to build a PC. You have to MAKE a PC. Something nobody else can do, like a special mod or unique design.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Hi all!

I'm curious to hear about some of your experiences with getting sponsored for computer builds. I've contacted many tech companies prior to my last build and had absolutely no luck getting sponsored, or even getting a reply from them. I'm a little discouraged that I couldn't find a sponsor for my build. That being said, I have a few questions for those of you who have been sponsored:

Thanks in advance!  :D

Do you have a YouTube channel with at least 5000 subs, maybe more?

Sponsorship is when a company provides you with money/goods for the exchange of your advertisement of their products. If you don't have an outlet to show products off, say, Corsair's cool new cases or keyboards or whatever, then Corsair will say "So, you want free stuff but you aren't advertising our products....? Yeah, no..."

Maybe start a YouTube channel if you haven't already.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Do you have a YouTube channel with at least 5000 subs, maybe more?

Sponsorship is when a company provides you with money/goods for the exchange of your advertisement of their products. If you don't have an outlet to show products off, say, Corsair's cool new cases or keyboards or whatever, then Corsair will say "So, you want free stuff but you aren't advertising our products....? Yeah, no..."

Maybe start a YouTube channel if you haven't already.

Thanks for your input. I actually already have a YouTube channel with ~180 subscribers. I know, that's nothing. Thing is, as a college student, I don't have the money to spend on stuff to review or part for computers to build.

Im not the right person to ask, but i do have a few tips. Get your name out there to the point where people can say "Have you heard of X newest build bro?" "totally bro, looks awesome."

Since you said you have very little money to spend on pc hardware, reuse parts. Mod the crap out of old cases you can find or make your own (Junk yard and pick and pull can be helpful places.)

Show them your worth sponsoring and that you are serious about modding.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Hi all!

Thanks in advance! :D

This is my two cents from what I have seen and read

-Companies do this out o there budget, they need to see you bring in at least X many sales for the sponsored gift so they will have made a profit

- this will come out of budget money so if they already spent all money at the moment they won't but may put you in the pipe lines

- more likely for a modder who makes original and has made a few in the past and all were successful

- will help sending a build plan and dates set

- start small, maybe ask a local shop that has Shops nation wide ( ask for simple cheap stuff, fans power supply etc)

-after a few successful mods with post on widely known sites an maybe smaller sponsors then you should try going for it

I don't promise this will help but it will greatly increase chances

Hope it helped